Bugs pulled from Focused Feedback Threads

So I love having skulls (and other stuff) available inside the think tank head. The only real shortcoming is when you scale Physique and Chest (most egregiously on Huge bodies), it can drastically alter the size of the tank and base. The tank size is mostly ok, but it does get a bit tight around the skull on minimum physique. Worse though is if Physique and Chest are maxed out on Huge (and to a lesser extent on Male, and much lesser extent on Female), the upper "base" of the tank clips upward into the lower jaw, potentially completely engulfing it.

I don't know how difficult it might be to do, but if there's any way to make the mounting height of the skull (or eyeball, or whatever) scale slightly along with those sliders so as to prevent the jaw being engulfed, that would be wonderful.

Speaking of the jaw on the Skulls... having the skull affected by head sliders would be really nice. That's a very wide jaw.

In regard to the Rusted Clockwork pieces, I love them. That added bit of texture really helps them blend with various other pieces that don't have that crisp, shiny look. I'd love to see this rustification extend to other pieces, like Tech Knight and Cyborg.

The new Plague Doctor Hat and Modern Beret helmet are neat. I hope this is a first step towards having Hair/No Hair options on other hats/helmets (Or dare I dream, more hair options, like mullets, corn rows, & pony tails sticking out of the back of hats/helmets).

That said, there's an obvious issue with the Beret. The helmet details not designed specifically for it clip/mesh terribly. And you know what? I'm absolutely fine with that. Even if we never find a mix of parts that makes them look good together, there's nothing forcing us to use them together. And here's why that matters to me... Many times in the past, the excuse to not unlock various NPC costume parts has been given as "They don't clip properly with some options" or "They don't live up to what other new parts should look like" (I still don't see how that applies to IDF gauntlets like those worn by Grant Creston in 1st Ward and a lot of generic IDF forces). If this is now an acceptable standard, can we please revisit a lot of existing pieces (Crey & Sky Raiders have a lot of desirable parts too, all of which should fit fine, unlike Arachnos boots and such) that are withheld from us?

think tank scaling issues.png

Also, for some reason Hat Detail 2 causes the display to zoom back out and you cannot zoom in unlike Hat Detail 1.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

24 minutes ago, Arcadio said:

Devices and Traps both have an identical Trip Mine, but this one in Arsenal is much weaker and doesn't have the same type of data in the description. Is that intended? 

The popup information is wrong too 

"Place Mine: PBAoE, Superior DMG(Lethal/Fire), Foe Knockback"

It does no lethal damage, only fire damage as listed in the detail info

Mine: You hit Infested Scryer with your Trip Mine for 155.22 points of Fire damage.
Mine: You hit Greater Devoured with your Trip Mine for 155.22 points of Fire damage.
Mine: You knock Greater Devoured off their feet with your Trip Mine!
Mine: You hit Greater Devoured with your Preemptive Interface for 9.63 points of Energy damage over time.
Mine: You hit Infested BCU with your Trip Mine for 155.22 points of Fire damage.
Mine: You knock Infested BCU off their feet with your Trip Mine!
Mine: Your Preemptive Interface reduces the recovery of Infested BCU!
Mine: You hit Infested BCU with your Preemptive Interface for 0.89 points of their endurance over time.
Mine: You hit Infested Assault Trooper with your Trip Mine for 108.65 points of Fire damage.
Mine: You knock Infested Assault Trooper off their feet with your Trip Mine!
Mine: You hit Infested Assault Trooper with your Preemptive Interface for 8.42 points of Energy damage over time.
Mine: You hit Infested Assault Trooper with your Preemptive Interface for 8.42 points of Energy damage over time.
Mine: You hit Infested Scryer with your Trip Mine for 155.22 points of Fire damage.
Mine: You knock Infested Scryer off their feet with your Trip Mine!
Mine: You hit Infested Elite Ranger with your Trip Mine for 100.89 points of Fire damage.
Mine: You hit Infested Elite Ranger with your Preemptive Interface for 7.82 points of Energy damage over time.
Mine: You hit Greater Devoured with your Trip Mine for 155.22 points of Fire damage.
Mine: You knock Greater Devoured off their feet with your Trip Mine!
Mine: You hit Greater Devoured with your Preemptive Interface for 9.63 points of Energy damage over time.

So either cut down the dmg and forget to update the info or the lethal dmg is missing.....

• Thanks 1

On a similar note, the Murder of Crows version only plays a sound effect at the origin and not at the destination which is kind of jarring when moving long distances. Maybe the effect could be split in half with the first part playing at the origin and the second part at the destination?

• Thumbs Up 1

It'd be nice if the front of the Sybil dress didn't stick out horizontally when running. >.>

If it'd be possible to tone down the physics on the whole thing that'd be great, but I'm not sure how much control you guys have on that. 

image.thumb.png.9ae3cb9ca8e0da357e0cf24cc33f680b.pngimage.thumb.png.869bf1926f341c673706560bb24229c5.png

• Like 2

spacer.png  Peacebringer Wispur 

Woooo new items! I am already getting ideas on how I can use a good chunk of these for my bases... 😄

Unfortunately that's not why I came to post here. XD Found a new item that doesn't appear to be using the correct model! "Tintable Candle Short (Lit)" is the same height as the original tintable candles. Screenshot with all six for comparison:
image.thumb.png.a43a1650013deb601c33f3d9443e46fd.png
And you can kinda see it in the top right of that screenshot, but the base/default color of the "Club Booth Single 1" doesn't match the other peices? Setting it to white matches it with the rests' base color, and other color changes appear to match up correctly across the peices when they're set the same. Just the default isn't the same across the whole set.
The new full booths' seating looks to be the same dark grey, which actually makes me wonder if it's the smaller/corner peices that are the wrong default color. Whatever the case, the missmatch feels a little odd!

-Goes off to hunt for any more visual weirdness with base items.-

Edit/update on my last line: I've found nothing else that appears to be the wrong visual size/model among the new base items, but didn't test hitboxes or anything really. Just quick looks and comparisons to make sure nothing else appeared to have the wrong look. (Also the Oil Splats being slippery is fun, weeee~!)

Edited by Scril
Little update
  • Thanks 1

BTW not sure if it's Arsenal Control or Arsenal Assault doing this (or both), but having the old bug where my weapon is reset every time I go into the character editor. I have it set to Celestial Rifle on my back. But every time I open the editor it's reset to default, which would cost me money if I said okay.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Frosticus said:

Bug:

VEAT Bane placate

intended: grants 20% tohit buff for 10 sec

actual: scales based on enemy level

I have confirmed the level scaling on Bane placate.

Also, Night Widow placate does not have +toHit at all.

And there is a weird null in the NW placate description

Nice catch!

image.png

1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

I have confirmed the level scaling on Bane placate.

Also, Night Widow placate does not have +toHit at all.

And there is a weird null in the NW placate description

Nice catch!

image.png

The null is there so you drop back out of hidden after 10 sec assuming you don't have hide/mask/cloaking kicking in.

First off -- bug with the power recharge icon display:

image.png.4de77cd23876573699f18731c25392f8.png

Temporal Bomb's icon (at one point not sure when) -- locked into it's smallest size while recharging. The power had 3 Melee AoE procs, 2 damage IOs, and KB --> KD Sudden Accel proc. No recharge. To fix it I tried a few things:

• Logging out and back in did not work
  • Changing to a character that also had Temporal Bomb and had the same issue.
  • Restarting the CoH client did not work.

Not sure if it is just on my end or if anyone else has experienced this.

-----------------------------------------

Anyways... tl;dr at bottom

After using this power on 2 different characters, I'm nonplussed toward Temporal Bomb. It just doesn't impress me, especially for a capstone power. Better than Time Bomb I suppose, but that shouldn't be the metric.

Pros:

• Source of recharge (traps LIVES off recharge though only 37.5%)
  • Wide radius of buff / debuff temporal bubble (55 ft)
  • The temporal bubble is mostly see through and not intrusive for its large size (wink wink* give Dampening field that fx option!)
  • Movement speed is small enough to not annoy teammates, but nice enough to aid in navigating the battlefield.
  • Decent duration for a hallway fight (lasts ~45 seconds), not so much for tougher targets.

Cons:

• The explosion is very bright and intrusive - personally I hate being in melee range with it. I would consider skipping it for this alone. The ground explosion effect is cool though.
  • No customizable cosmetic options.
  • The buff / debuff effects are not enhanceable (slow / end mod / movement).
  • The damage is token at best. It's just there to keep the concept of 'bomb'. Enhanced, it takes a little more than a fourth of an even con minion's health.
  • Due to the nature of the power, it will proc only when the moon turns blue.
  • Long cast time.
  • Requires melee range (have to dismiss or grant invisibility FF gen if you want to "surprise" the enemy.
  • Cannot use the burnout trick to get 2 fields at the same time.
  • Another long recharge power needing lots of set bonuses to have your buff / debuff effects anywhere near constant.
  • Costs ~28 endurance from what I can see.
  • KB tax, not great with the FF proc (but there really isn't anything else to slot).

I have to disagree with you on the cast time, Cap. In a vacuum, you are correct IMO. But for the sets mainstay powers... Poison trap 2.77, Acid Mortar 2.77, Triage Beacon 2.77, Seeker drones 2.03. There is a pattern that makes another 2.77 cast time cumbersome for traps (we'll just ignore the old 5 second interruptible version of trip mine here). But if nothing can be done about it, thems the ropes. 

In gameplay, I found myself always having something else better to use for the situation or next power. It's both a power that almost requires prior set up, but also keeps you in the same place for it's effect. You'll have to dismiss your FF gen / make it invisible if you want to do the "surprise bomb". The endurance mod increase (37.5%) is only just enough to recover the cost of the bomb if you stay inside for the full 45 seconds. 

I hate to be so critical. A lot of hard work as probably gone into this and it is a cool concept. But this power has so many requirements to be used in normal play. The power works as an opener, not one to use near the end of a fight. It might work a little better if you could use it on teammates, strapping it on before they run in (who said your teammates can't be traps!)... Yes, I'm aware of the "healing arrow" arguements, but just say the were in a different "time" or whatever.

Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way or undervaluing it, but I'd only use it if I had nothing else to use. Someone convince me! The power won't make me want to use traps any more or less. Feels bad for a capstone.

tl;dr One-slot not-so-wonder. It's better than the unusable Time Bomb but inherits the same problems along with new ones. Meh.

• Like 1

So I leveled a Thug/Cold to 20 to test Striga Isle missions and see Cold change.

I might of found a bug. Is Frostworks meant to replace itself on cast? I casted it on my Enforcer before a fight then mid fight after the absorb was gone, I casted it again, and it didn't replace itself. The Pet still had no absorb. I had to wait for the power to fully wear off before I could put it back on my pet.

Looked at the buff on the pet menu and it did show to Frostwork twice on the target.

Edited by SaxyGuitar
  • Thanks 1

• Booper pinned this topic

Speaking of Orpheus's mission targeting Velho's fetters, there's some weirdness going on. 

One there's a bit of dialog mission; I'm guessing an incorrect P-string?

Also, note Velho's spawn location and where on my map the crystal is marked (click to enlarge).

vdawg.thumb.jpg.7562c393f109dcfe4011eb5e2ae924ca.jpg

Luckily I was playing as diverse and varied a set as Arse Control! 
Thus after dispatching Velho's guards, I was able to pop some smoke, slip away until stealth was active again, and hop over to the Shadow Crystal.

image.thumb.jpeg.74ef176b3acbf7920148d7caabf8534b.jpeg

Which... was a bit of an unfair fight and slightly anti-climactic if I'm being honest. I'm going to assume this is not WIA?

Fun Facts for the audience!

• "Fetters" when referring to multiple restraints in metaphor is proper use of grammar.
  • "Velho" is Portuguese for "old" and is often used to mean "Old Man." Depending on the context, this can be derogatory or endearing.

And the Ghost of Scrapyard may bump Baby New Year off the most ugly.  (Though Cherub looks to be BNY with wings and a halo...)

I'm also noting that many of the pets get lost if you are in buildings like the AE.  They'll pop to the outside of the building.

• 2 weeks later
  • Retired Developer
On 2/1/2024 at 8:05 PM, naraganeun said:

Build 3 tri-cannon soundFX change:
I don't know if it's my computer, the change or because I'm autistic-- but the new sound is especially painful. It sounds like +10000 bass.

psfx.png.69b7b14373c4de73c0be345703bccfb5.png

The latest build did indeed change the SFX.