Fold Space Dilemma

Fold Space Dilemma  

41 members have voted

1. 1. You are on a generic team. You are a nobody with [Fold Space]. A tank runs ahead of the team, grabs the attention of a room, and hides behind a corner to bunch them up. A blaster drops blizzard in the room, affecting half of the enemies, separating them from the rest. A mastermind drops caltrops at the feet of the tanker, causing the few that follow to the corner to slowly scatter. Where do you stand to use fold space?

• In the blizzard, because that's where the damage is already starting.
    • Next to the tank, to help the tank taunt them before they scatter.
    • Somewhere else, because you're the hero of the team and you know what you're doing.
    • Nerf procs.

You are on a generic team. You are a nobody with [Fold Space].

A tank runs ahead of the team, grabs the attention of a  room, and hides behind a corner to bunch them up. A blaster drops blizzard in the room, affecting half of the enemies, separating them from the rest. A mastermind drops caltrops at the feet of the tanker, causing the few that follow to the corner to slowly scatter.

Where do you stand to use fold space?

Next to the blaster, outside the effect of any of the aoes. I assume this is some kind of pvp exercise where everyone is just competing to see how much they can screw over all the other people on the team. 

Too bad the caltrops weren’t tossed into the arctic air. The slow and fear (and damage) effects would all stack.  

○  Nowhere, because this isn't me because I never take Fold Space.  I find it much more fun to TP myself into their faces!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

○  Nowhere, because this isn't me because I never take Fold Space.  I find it much more fun to TP myself into their faces!

You teleport into the blizzard and immediately before you use a pbaoe, a gravity controller teleports everything into a wall where the only thing waiting is singularity. You hit nothing. You spend so long finding where everything went your powers are recharged for the next spawn. 

Try again.

Edited by Fingernailgun
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Fingernailgun said:

You teleport into the blizzard and immediately before you use a pbaoe, a gravity controller teleports everything into a wall where the only thing waiting is singularity. You hit nothing. You spend so long finding where everything went your powers are recharged for the next spawn. 

Try again.

I quit a team with such selfish players.  I find these few and far between, thankfully.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Best answer is, let the tank know you have Fold Space and intend to follow him around and use on new spawn areas. You use fold space, he taunts when enemies appear, at that point he should be able to keep aggro for the short time it takes to kill the close spawn. The Bosses and AV's won't be teleported by fold space, but they will come running anyway. To be clear though, Fold Space is such a great power for a tank I take it on all my tanks, solo or group oriented. It is probably the best power available to a Tank that can survive the aggro.

• Like 2

I use my best judgment to pile mobs onto the team's current point of focus. If there is no such focus, I try to use it to create one. Sometimes that means I'm stealing mobs away from the tanker/fetcher if their placing is bad (which also means their distant aggro'd mobs might run to them now); and sometimes it means I'm taking them off squishies who've placed their ground patches in a poor location. Rarer times, I move ahead and try to set up a new focus from the next sets of spawns and hope people see it for what it is and reset their tactics. And ... sometimes it means I throw my hands up in despair and politely leave the team.

• Like 1

A tank runs ahead of the team, grabs the attention of a room, and hides behind a corner to bunch them up. A blaster drops blizzard in the room, affecting half of the enemies, separating them from the rest. A mastermind drops caltrops at the feet of the tanker, causing the few that follow to the corner to slowly scatter.

This isn't quite authentic PuG chaos without a Stormie pushing enemies away from the tank or three controllers AoE gluing mobs to the floor in three separate corners of this room.

But other than that yeah... it looks like a Thursday.

• Haha 1

So many people refuse to play the game of this thread - i.e. answer the OP's hypothetical question - yet they still feel that they should post a (non-relevant) reply in the thread. Guys, you are entitled to have an opinion on Fold Space and to post about it, but please do so in a thread that invites open-ended discussion, not a thread that is focused on a specific, hypothetical question. 

If you think the question in the OP was silly, then simply ignore the thread.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but this is a pet peeve of mine.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Icono04 said:

If you think the question in the OP was silly, then simply ignore the thread.

Okay okay, serious face then!

I voted "Nerf procs" and I am deadly deadly serious about it.

*glares menacingly*

"... and Regen while we're at it!!"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Right 1

24 minutes ago, ZemX said:

"... and Regen while we're at it!!"

Well, of course. That's a relevant reply no matter what the thread is about. Even *I* know that.

24 minutes ago, ZemX said:

Okay okay, serious face then!

If I knew how to find meme GIF's, this is the point where I would post a GIF of Alex Baldwin's "this is my serious face" from Team America: World Police.

On my Warshade my answer is "close to the Tank", although if it's a herding Tank chances are I'll leave after one mission anyway cos that bores me. But the Tank is the handiest focal spot usually. So close to the corner so I can try and snag some into the Blizzard anyway, but since the follow-up is a mired Quasar it probably won't matter too much. 

I once had a Brute ragequit a team without warning because of Fold Space (or whatever the WS version is called). In my defence they never said they were Willpower and needed hugs to live. I'm used to Brutes basically being scrapperlocked 24/7 so I was just doing the usual yoink and explode manoeuvre. 

Edited by Carnifax