If you wanted new powers what would it be?

I'd love to see some Lore-based Masterminds.  I think it would be awesome to run around with some Clockwork, Winter Lords, Sky Raiders, or Soldiers of Rularuu, especially since we have the Prismatic costumes.

A Ranged DPS set based on the IDF Heavy Trooper Backpack would be pretty awesome as well.

And a concept that I toyed with way back on live was a PPD EAT (before VEATS were a thing) that had different "Departments" like Officer (generalist/mastermind), SWAT (debuff/defense), Ghost (ranged stalker), Psi-Division (reverse dominator), Awakened (formless Kheldian), Powered Armor Division (ranged/melee with armors).  They'd have stories that expanded upon the low-to-mid level enemy groups (Skulls, Hellions, Outcasts, Trolls, Family) and delve much deeper into the Superadine chain, while also tackling the entire concept of how a "human" police force even works in a city full of superheroes and super-powered villains.

I've long wanted some new Judgement powers to round out some synergetic gaps.

And I had some ideas, they're not super original but I'd really like to see them:

Bombardment Judgement:

An airstrike based judgement power. Will be the first judgement power that you can place down so can be shot out of line of sight.

Would have two different animations: the first being a high tech variant that uses the Surveillance animation calling down an orbital strike that could use the same animation the IDF Heavy's use. The second uses the radio that Mercenary MM's uses when summoning, this calls down a few, scaled down warburg nukes.

It's secondary could be something like a really heavy slow patch, to infer the terrain has been affected and increases difficulty of movement.

Full Force Judgement:

This one would have a few animations, to help cover more bases. Either an energy blast or sonic blast in appearance (like a gigantic version of Power Burst and a whole mess of sonic attacks), this would use 3 different existing animations, the first being the one you see used for Thunderous Blast and Energy transfer, where you build p the energy in your hands and release. The second will use one of the sonic attack animations, so long as it emanates from the face so the sonic blast seems like a huge cry ala Black Canary, and the energy blast looks like a giant optic blast ala Cyclops taking his visor off. The third animation would use the Assassins Strike animation from Kinetic Melee, because my god do I want a massive Kamehameha/Hadouken in this game.

It's secondary, I imagine could end up being used as a huge tool for griefing but I feel it would look really cool, is gigantic Knockback. Like what Might Judgement did for Knock Up, this does for KB. Would make for a great panic button, say for instance you have one too many Nictus to deal with while saving Sister Solaris...

Obliviate Judgement:

A psionic based judgement. Just to be different, I though why not have a single target Judgement? Obviously it makes up for the lack of AoE with way higher damage. Thematically I thought it'd be like trying to erase someone's mind by focusing everything you have on them.

It's secondary is a high magnitude confuse (possibly confuse an AV in a single shot for a few seconds)

• Like 3

I have a character with every teleport power in the game.

(That's his shtick; he teleports!)

The one TP trick he can't do is bring his team to him across zones.

That would be my wish.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 1/26/2024 at 10:09 PM, darcstarmerc said:

For me since i like music and pets, I would like to see backup dancers or singers for support.

So a symphony or sonic Mastermind set? 

But, yeah, there are a bunch of threads about different mastermind sets or at least being able to do at least some customization of existing mastermind pets.

Though I suggested it before, I'd still like to see a ninja blaster (defender/corruptor) set with throwing stars and various "bombs" at least as a cosmetic change to Archery. (Yeah, I known dominators get to throw shuriken)  

• Thanks 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

A new melee & armor set. I'd prefer a 'layered' armor set but really I wouldn't care.

I'd settle for new Mastermind pets and a few tweaks too. MM's are my #1 "I wish I could love this" AT and have been since live; I think the recent changes have been really promising. A few more and we'll be there!

• Like 1

AKA @Shibbs

19 hours ago, The Volt said:

I've long wanted some new Judgement powers to round out some synergetic gaps.

And I had some ideas, they're not super original but I'd really like to see them:

Bombardment Judgement:

An airstrike based judgement power. Will be the first judgement power that you can place down so can be shot out of line of sight.

Would have two different animations: the first being a high tech variant that uses the Surveillance animation calling down an orbital strike that could use the same animation the IDF Heavy's use. The second uses the radio that Mercenary MM's uses when summoning, this calls down a few, scaled down warburg nukes.

It's secondary could be something like a really heavy slow patch, to infer the terrain has been affected and increases difficulty of movement.

Full Force Judgement:

This one would have a few animations, to help cover more bases. Either an energy blast or sonic blast in appearance (like a gigantic version of Power Burst and a whole mess of sonic attacks), this would use 3 different existing animations, the first being the one you see used for Thunderous Blast and Energy transfer, where you build p the energy in your hands and release. The second will use one of the sonic attack animations, so long as it emanates from the face so the sonic blast seems like a huge cry ala Black Canary, and the energy blast looks like a giant optic blast ala Cyclops taking his visor off. The third animation would use the Assassins Strike animation from Kinetic Melee, because my god do I want a massive Kamehameha/Hadouken in this game.

It's secondary, I imagine could end up being used as a huge tool for griefing but I feel it would look really cool, is gigantic Knockback. Like what Might Judgement did for Knock Up, this does for KB. Would make for a great panic button, say for instance you have one too many Nictus to deal with while saving Sister Solaris...

Obliviate Judgement:

A psionic based judgement. Just to be different, I though why not have a single target Judgement? Obviously it makes up for the lack of AoE with way higher damage. Thematically I thought it'd be like trying to erase someone's mind by focusing everything you have on them.

It's secondary is a high magnitude confuse (possibly confuse an AV in a single shot for a few seconds)

Radioactive Judgement... with the mushroom cloud effect but bigger.

Tidal Judgement... a giant wave.

Savage Judgement... have it look something like Thugs MM's Gang War but just a mess of all the animal pets and effects running out in the target area like a stampede, then as quickly as they appeared keep running out of sight.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What I would love to see:

• Radiation Control.
  • Venomous Infestation Mastermind.  (Summons Spiders, Snakes and Swarms.)
  • Clockwork Mastermind.  (Summons Elec & Psi capable clockwork.)

Radiation Control is my daydream set.

• Like 2

I think it'd be cool to have a Pool Power set that is a bit different and maybe more cosmetic than anything. The weapons set. It could have an EXTENSIVE list of weapons options that would help fill out the theme of a toon. So, you could add a variety of gun options. You could add knives options. Provide an option for swords, axe etc. A lot of items already in game BUT accessible to all.

So, you have a tanker who might be a thug and a shotgun might finish off the toon's theme/style/look. Or you have a blaster who may enjoy a different ranged weapon or melee weapon. Of course all of these weapons should be mid-range damage and not disrupt the balance of powers. Allow the player the option to pick a variety weapons or just one. Maybe add a missile launcher system option. 

I know there are a lot of temp weapons and items in game that can finish off looks but those are...temps...you can't keep using them. This allows you to keep them and enhance them a bit. 

9 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

I think it'd be cool to have a Pool Power set that is a bit different and maybe more cosmetic than anything. The weapons set. It could have an EXTENSIVE list of weapons options that would help fill out the theme of a toon. So, you could add a variety of gun options. You could add knives options. Provide an option for swords, axe etc. A lot of items already in game BUT accessible to all.

So, you have a tanker who might be a thug and a shotgun might finish off the toon's theme/style/look. Or you have a blaster who may enjoy a different ranged weapon or melee weapon. Of course all of these weapons should be mid-range damage and not disrupt the balance of powers. Allow the player the option to pick a variety weapons or just one. Maybe add a missile launcher system option. 

I know there are a lot of temp weapons and items in game that can finish off looks but those are...temps...you can't keep using them. This allows you to keep them and enhance them a bit. 

Shotgun Pool

Melee Attack (the butt stroke attack from the new Arsenal Assault set)

Ranged Single Target (slug attack)

Ranged Cone  (buckshot)

needs 2 powers to fill out the pool

Pistol Pool

Melee Attack (pistol whipping melee animation)

Ranged Single Target

Ranged Cone (rapid fire attack similar to Dual Pistols Empty Clips but it's just the one gun)

Melee  (axes, maces, and swords)  damage type is Lethal, even for maces.

Defensive Maneuver  (just like Parry from Broadsword but maybe no damage and less +DEF)

Melee Attack  (single target melee chopping attack)

Slash Attack  (cone melee)

There would be some overlap with characters who already have weapon-based primary or secondary powersets, but as power pool attacks these would be generally less effective (longer recharge, lower damage, and/or reduced effects).  They should be functional and useful but inferior. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Player2 said:

Shotgun Pool

Melee Attack (the butt stroke attack from the new Arsenal Assault set)

Ranged Single Target (slug attack)

Ranged Cone  (buckshot)

Pistol Pool

Melee Attack (pistol whipping melee animation)

Ranged Single Target

Ranged Cone (rapid fire attack similar to Dual Pistols Empty Clips but it's just the one gun)

Melee  (axes, maces, and swords)  damage type is Lethal, even for maces.

Defensive Maneuver  (just like Parry from Broadsword but maybe no damage and less +DEF)

Melee Attack  (single target melee chopping attack)

Slash Attack  (cone melee)

There would be some overlap with characters who already have weapon-based primary or secondary powersets, but as power pool attacks these would be generally less effective (longer recharge, lower damage, and/or reduced effects).  They should be functional and useful but inferior. 

I was actually thinking of a more simplistic approach.

WEAPONS POOL

Ranged buckshot (cone) Moderate damage

-Pistol (single target) Moderate damage

-Missile attack (strafing missile AoE) Moderate damage

-Machine gun (cone) Moderate damage

-Axe (Moderate slash damage ST)

-Axe (Low slash - cone)

...and so on. It'd be different because you wouldn't have to work up any tiers. You could take a few different weapons. I want to change the approach where you need to work up lower tiers to get the top, t9 power. There is no t9 and you can pick multiple weapons or just 1. Yes, the pool will have a large range of weapons and options under it but so be it. Things shouldn't stay the same and this game sure needs a bit of a change.

• Like 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Dinosaur mastermind.  Compys, Utahraptors, and a Triceratops.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

Goose Assault

T1: Honk: Ranged, Moderate DMG (Energy), Foe -Res

T2: Peck: Melee, Minor DMG (Energy), Foe Minor Disorient

T3: Honk, Honk: Ranged (Cone), Minor DMG (Energy), Foe -Res

T4: Surprising Kick: Melee, Moderate DMG (Energy), Foe Disorient

T5: It Is Already Too Late: Self +ToHit, +Dark DMG on all attacks

T6: Disapproving Stare: Ranged, High DMG (Dark), Foe -ToHit

T7: Flurry of Wings: PBAoE, Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe Disorient

T8: HONK: Ranged, Extreme DMG(Energy), Foe -Res

T9: Hahahaha You Can't Even Beat a Goose: PBAoE, Moderate DMG(Dark), Foe -ToHit

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well, right now there are only a handful of travel powers and then variants of each. Flying, Jumping, Supersport, Telenor and the different versions of each.

I'd love to see:

Tunneling

Grapple hook + gliding w/cape

Semi-Teleport (shorter distance teleports you can string together)

For normal powers, I'd like to see:

Shape-shifting

Animal Masterminds

Enemy mob masterminds

I'd love to see Power Proliferation in general. I know it's not feasible, but a boy can dream. I'd happily sacrifice one "standard" power if I could give my character Call Swarm or Call Hawk or whatever as the theme demands.

War Mace for Stalkers!

Probability Alteration for Controllers.

A light based powerset (ala Dr Light)

Carnival MM powerset

Density Control

Poison as a ranged set (Blaster primary)

Psychic melee that was all "big fist" animations and not the Focused Totality Of My Psychic Powers.

Rogue style power leeching

Edited by Steyrharquebus
  • Thumbs Up 1

A necromancy control set modeled after illusion: Centered around snowballing by raising dead enemies to overwhelm your targets, with the capstone being to reanimate any mob outright to fight for you for X amount of time, stacking like warshade essences.

Knife / knife throwing and 'Band' Mastermind are the two from this thread that either haven't seen before and / or find super-cool!

Knife could have dual knife or single knife options (one a melee AoE where you spin with knives slashing everyone around you), and several thrown knife attacks, one single toss, one cone.  And under customization, the 'knife' options could include shuriken (with a fistful of spike shuriken sticking out between one's knuckles accounting for the melee 'knife' attacks), throwing axes or even a spear!

'Band' MMs could have an assortment of band-members, and you can equip them with various instruments, the base three are mostly just roadies, physical grunts who have instruments and help during practice, but in combat resort to smashing people with their instruments!, the two second tier pets are actual bandmates, with an instruments of your choice from various guitars, a saxaphone or even a cello, that mostly to sonic attacks, and the 3rd tier pet avoids combat but bangs on drums or a synthesizer and does primarily crowd control effects, debuffs and maintains a constant set of leadership like buffs, which can be specified (depending on how you designate that 3rd tier pet, they can focus on +Acc, +Dam, +Heal/Recovery or +Def/Resist buffs).  The third tier pet also has low-grade placate, so it tends not to get aggro as much...  (Everyone ignores the one in the back!)  There isn't a 'lead singer' because your MM is supposed to be the lead singer, and your attacks will be an instrument smash and some sonic effects.

For other MMs, back before City of Villains, when the idea was announced, I had thought they might come up with MMs based on the various villain groups already in game, so a Hellions or Skull MM with thugs, fire or darkness using 'Lts' and then the fiery demons or dark eidolons for the last tier, or a pair of Council options starting with Raserei, then branching either into mechanical, or supernatural, with vampires and warwolves for the supernatural (and a 'special' that transforms any surviving minions *and* the MM into warwolves temporarily!), and mech-men and a warcry at tiers 2 and 3 (and a pair of valkyrie temp pets as their 'special').

That sort of thing would hugely save on in-game art resources, since they are already there.

But if going nuts with new art resources, I'd love for some variation for the current MM pets appearances.  A Bear instead of a Dire Wolf?  Oh yes.  Different types of robots?  Please!  Skeletons instead of zombies!  Gimme!

Or just straight up new ones.  Medieval Warlord MM, with a mace attack (or crossbow for the ranged option), three swordsmen, a shieldmaiden and an archer for the second tier, and a knight who arrives on horseback (as the big thug pet shows up on a motorcycle) for the third tier!  Special is a temporary ballista!  The *Fantasy* Warlord has the same three beginner pets, but one is a dwarf, the same two second tier pets, but the archer is an elf, and the third tier pet is Tim the Enchanter, from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, a grumpy old man with a staff and the various Fire Blaster powers (with more unlocking as he gets pet buffed),

A Roman themed one could similarly come with standard soldiers, strategos / flagbearer with leadership buffs, medicus with poison heals and debuffs, and a gladiator with crowd controlling net and nasty trident capable of single-target, melee cone and even ranged use (he seems to have multiple nets and tridents to throw...).  Fantasy Roman, same thing, but add minotaur, harpy, talos the bronze golem, etc.

Edited by Ian Turner

On 1/27/2024 at 7:09 AM, cranebump said:

A whip set where with a “swap ammo” effect, allowing me to switch between damage types.

A swingline travel power.

Varied animation on the hurl power. I want to throw generators, forklifts and couches, like the TK trollers.:-)

Just now, Retsnom said:

Probably expansion to MM with minions/ sidekicks & team up to a hero or villain or a Mage MM setting for starting students Better Epic/Patron powers to Sentinels.  More secondary assault powers for Defenders. A Water power for Dominators. And a new Archetype that incorporates defenses for Doms. ( stone power should have stone skin that builds up with power) Also another Epic as (Warshades, Widow) from the Pretorian Universe....sorry for any misspelling or clarity. 

• Like 1

I know i already posted a signature power creation request but i also want Copy powers!

Characters with the ability to copy powers or steal them(copy & deny the use of someone else's powers) have been around for decades

Megaman

Kakashi & all Sharingan users

Peter Patrelli & Silar

Bankai stealing Vandenreich & 9th Espada

Chrollo Lucilfer & Leol

Etc

I'd like to see a new grey faction of elite mercs who specialize in countering powered beings using copied powers along with their assigned power sets

-Inferior copy, low accuracy, quick recharge, all abilities copied remain until copier's death (minions can only copy ST & PBAOE attacks)

-Superior copy, Auto hit, only bosses & above get access, 2 minute recharge subsequent uses overwrite prior copied powers

-Steal, only EBs & above get access. 4 minute recharge a stolen power can't be used by player toons for 4 minutes or until the thief is defeated(AVs & above can steal Incarnate abilities)

Beat a Copy Corp AV for the 1st time & get all 3 copy powers as temps that last 7 days in game time & can't be refreshed until extnguished, subsequent charges last 1 day in game time. All copied abilities last for 7 days in game time, players can't steal other player's powers

Edited by Chance Jackson

Patron powers for Heroes. similar to the Patron powers for Villains.

Sets based on Statesman (tanky stuff, lightning blasts, an unusual spy power from his days as a spy?), Sister Psyche (psi stuff), Positron (energy blast stuff), Synapse (super-speed attacks / defenses / options) and Manticore (the only one I came up with in detail back in the day, with lots of Archery / Trick Arrow type options for the non-Defenders, and for Defenders (and Blasters), who could already have all (or most) of those, some unique stuff like hack the Teleport network to beam to various hospitals, or summon in a pair of Longbow or whatever).

Power sets based on various holidays or seasonal events.  One requiring no (or minimal) art coding would be a 'Rainbow Blast' for Pride month, a Blaster set that uses the tintable option and has seven different Blasts in it's Primary, one Psychic (red), Fire (orange), Electrical (yellow), Radiation (green), Ice (blue), Energy (indigo) and Dark (violet).  When you fire a blast from these seven, you get a buff, and the rest of your color-blasts have a ring around them.  If you fire a *different* colored blast, you get a +10% damage to that blast, and it keeps going up as long as you don't repeat a color (if you do, the buff ends and your next blast starts all over again at +0%).  The sixth consecutive color-blast would therefore be +50% damage, and if you fire your seventh blast before repeating any colors *that* blast is +100%!!  (Obviously you can't do that until high enough level to have all seven of your Primary power blasts!)  Blasts that have already been fired during this cycle (and are not eligible to progress the buff / damage bonus) do not have the colored ring around them, as a visual warning not to use them.  The blasts will be different types of blast, some single target, some cone AoE, some Explosive, one sniper-shot, etc. and you'd need to manage what order you are going to use them to optimize your efficiency.  Since the buff affects you, and is not a debuff on a specific mob, you can cycle through multiple targets while progressing the buff, but if you go say, 15 seconds without firing any blast, the buff ends anyway and you have to start all over.

• Like 1

New MM sets based on current in game factions/groups. Think LORE but for MMs

Magic/Mystic Arts for Blasters, controller, defenders, dominators, sentinels

Proliferation of all themes across each AT. (I want psionic mastery for all sets!) 

Akimbo/Escrima (Nightwing) A combo of animations from Staff and Db, or just give us those weapon sticks and add it to dual blades 😄 

Energy Pistols/Blasters 

Super Speed melee fighting set

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

To me, while I do love the oddball power pairings, I do like to start with 'pure' combos. My altoholic tendenciess have made a few 'Missing' thematic pairs really stand out to me:

• Psychic buff/debuff: We have mind control, psychic blasts, the best you can do for these controllers/corruptors/defenders is....empathy? It still isn't psychic. It's more of the traditional game buff set than anything about messing with minds, or protecting from manipulation & psychic damage. Go ahead, borrow from all the psychic epic pools and fortunata buff powers!
  • Leadership/battle strategies-type buff/debuff: There are no pure 'natural' support options, especially for the unpowered characters that aren't tech either.
  • Earth buff/debuff: to go with earth control/seismic blast.
  • Toxic blast sets: There isn't a mutant/bio blast set, and this to me is the missing match for 'Poison' defenders/corruptors and bio sentinels.
  • Light blast: There really isn't anything that lets you do pure light/laser-type abilities. This would eventually play to the need for a 'light' buff/debuff and manipulation set.
  • Weather control: Not the blast, nor the buff/debuff, but actually locking down enemies using weather effects. It's odd that we can have a storm/storm corruptos/defenders, but not controllers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

On 1/27/2024 at 9:59 PM, biostem said:

A few I'd love to see:

1. A thrown weapon blast set, (probably different variations of throwing knives - single target, cone, etc).

Knife Thrower is absolutely something I'd love to see. I have a character I want to re-create from Matrix Online who was a Master Knife Thrower, and going dual blade stalker doesn't scratch that same itch.

• Thumbs Up 2

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)