The New Snarky!!!!

Snarky

I do not game much these days.  Working a lot. Tired.  But I have started again. The bug is constant.

I am starting a new Corruptor project and throwing my signature name on it.  

The concept is Snarky from the future.  He has been hold up for nearly a millennia studying Dark magicks.  He is now a lich, in fact, a demi lich. Just a skull inhabiting a mouldering old arcane library.  

But he has come to realize something very important happens in the time of the Menders in Paragon City.  

So Snarky animated a old suit of armor and bound it to himself (at this stage he is just a skull). Then he cast a powerful spell to translocate through time to Paragon.  

The spell drained him of much of his reserves, but he knows there is much power to be had in Paragon.  It will return.

Now he will investigate everything the Menders touched or considered important.  Every contact, story arc, side mission.  Blue/Red/Gold.  

So if you see a strange skull headed suit of armor named Snarky wandering around Excelsior at level 5 with 500 location badges….

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Finland 1
  • Moose 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1
  • Microphone 1

Sigh...you know when they release "New Snarky", they just have "Snarky Classic" in the wings, just waiting for the right to time to hit the shelves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

13 hours ago, Snarky said:

So Snarky animated a old suit of armor and bound it to himself (at this stage he is just a skull).

BORING.

I was hoping for something more like this guy.

Capture.JPG.d9ba518f31cfe9020b2967f7b13742b6.JPG

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

3 hours ago, Skyhawke said:

Sigh...you know when they release "New Snarky", they just have "Snarky Classic" in the wings, just waiting for the right to time to hit the shelves.

No-one's doing classic these days, it'd be Snarky Remastered.

Which, in this case, would sound more like he found a new sugar daddy.  Not sure if that's better or worse...

• Haha 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

But vutever happened to de Transylvania Tvist?

I have a skull-topped suit of modern combat armor. Lovely green eyes over silver-gold armor. Stalker. B'Hind Yoo, resurrected Chinese sorcerer.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

3 hours ago, ZekeStenzland said:

whether we should be swooning in terror or delight!

Yes.

3 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Have you tried making a cyborg lich named eSnark?

Missed opportunity. That'd be Snark-E. 😉

22 hours ago, Snarky said:

Now he will investigate everything the Menders touched or considered important.

There's a joke here, but it'd be in poor taste. 🤣

• Haha 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

pant pant pant spent all day doing every zone possible, location badges, plaques, etc.  505 badges at level 1.  (was lackeyed to my alt acct farmer whole time.  surprisingly few deaths)

22 hours ago, Snarky said:

So if you see a strange skull headed suit of armor named Snarky wandering around Excelsior at level 5 with 500 location badges….

Kill it with fire?  J/K.  Does holy water still work?  I guess wooden stakes are right out, though.  Maybe we'll need to track down his phylactery...

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

On 2/6/2024 at 5:24 PM, Ironblade said:

BORING.

I was hoping for something more like this guy.

Capture.JPG.d9ba518f31cfe9020b2967f7b13742b6.JPG

That's his less famous nephew; Howard the Lich

• Haha 2

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Had some time off and making good progress for a giant project.  I have completed all content 1-9 except the blue 5-9 stuff.  Should knock that out tomorrow and get to working 10-14 content.  Really grinding right now because it is frustrating to run in without power choices.  Already at 9 the synergy between ice blast and Dark Miasma is insanely good.  I want more lol.  

Very excited about the tweak to Dark epic.  Months off for this toon.... but a Dark Soul Drain ranged buildup?  Are they in my lich's library looking at my sketches???

Dark Mastery > Spirit Drain (replaces Soul Drain)

This power replaces Soul Drain from the Dark Mastery epic pool (Defenders, Corruptors). Soul Drain had ignored the standard epic cooldown penalties while also obtaining a larger than standard radius, making it a superior power to even the AT-specific version. Instead of applying the appropriate penalties (which would have made it a 240s cooldown and 10' radius power), we have taken this opportunity to rebalance it into a unique power (separating itself from Soul Mastery which also has the Soul Drain power) that trades some of its former potency for increased utility.

Spirit Drain is a 60' ranged attack that can hit up to 5 targets within a 15' radius. Unlike Soul Drain, these targets can be alive or defeated. The cooldown remains 120s, however the buff duration will now be 15s instead of 30s. This power is still quite potent as it can do the same amount of self-buff as Build Up, while having a longer duration, can be used as an attack from distance, and have a very minor cooldown penalty

Summary of details:

• 120s cooldown, 2.37s cast time
  • 60 foot range
  • 4.8 scale damage buff from 1 target, 8.0 scale damage buff from 5 targets
  • 1.2 scale to-hit buff from 1 target, 2.0 scale to-hit buff from 5 targets
  • 0.40 scale damage (Negative Energy)

16 hours ago, Snarky said:

Had some time off and making good progress for a giant project.  I have completed all content 1-9 except the blue 5-9 stuff.  Should knock that out tomorrow and get to working 10-14 content.  Really grinding right now because it is frustrating to run in without power choices.  Already at 9 the synergy between ice blast and Dark Miasma is insanely good.  I want more lol.  

Very excited about the tweak to Dark epic.  Months off for this toon.... but a Dark Soul Drain ranged buildup?  Are they in my lich's library looking at my sketches???

Dark Mastery > Spirit Drain (replaces Soul Drain)

This power replaces Soul Drain from the Dark Mastery epic pool (Defenders, Corruptors). Soul Drain had ignored the standard epic cooldown penalties while also obtaining a larger than standard radius, making it a superior power to even the AT-specific version. Instead of applying the appropriate penalties (which would have made it a 240s cooldown and 10' radius power), we have taken this opportunity to rebalance it into a unique power (separating itself from Soul Mastery which also has the Soul Drain power) that trades some of its former potency for increased utility.

Spirit Drain is a 60' ranged attack that can hit up to 5 targets within a 15' radius. Unlike Soul Drain, these targets can be alive or defeated. The cooldown remains 120s, however the buff duration will now be 15s instead of 30s. This power is still quite potent as it can do the same amount of self-buff as Build Up, while having a longer duration, can be used as an attack from distance, and have a very minor cooldown penalty

Summary of details:

• 120s cooldown, 2.37s cast time
  • 60 foot range
  • 4.8 scale damage buff from 1 target, 8.0 scale damage buff from 5 targets
  • 1.2 scale to-hit buff from 1 target, 2.0 scale to-hit buff from 5 targets
  • 0.40 scale damage (Negative Energy)

I will say I have never been a fan of 15s buffs. Given animation times of some powers, it's almost skippable. I actually skip most 15s boosts unless I have extra room in a build.

• Thumbs Up 1