Fashion Show: Your best "Just a Normal Person" costumes!

Zombra

Yes!  I admit my ulterior motive here is that I am looking for "secret identity" costume ideas 🙂

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't show off!  What looks are you most proud of that DON'T stand out?

• Thumbs Up 3

I've got a few civillian outfits for a couple of my guys and gals.

My Thugs/Sonic MM, Garage Band, has her look styled after that of a punk rocker.

image.thumb.jpeg.de7a48c4be1f2e8b717be59a92bae0e6.jpeg

A Ninja Blade/Super Reflexes Stalker, Disco Ninja, who is heavily inspired by disco stereotypes.

image.thumb.jpeg.0edf6824e5fe98634781ab0bb8db7c0f.jpeg

Bar Maiden, a Water/Poison Corrupter where I was trying for something Oktoberfest themed.

image.thumb.jpeg.52d5258628d3663ea7338750e3c4c526.jpeg

Shotgun Surgeon, Assault Rifle/Pain Domination Corrupter, who's outfit is basically bloodied medical scrubs.

image.thumb.jpeg.a03f33f100113cc3e71bd5c45b46bbbc.jpeg

• Like 6

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

SonnyBurns.JPG.c11163e143d4b7706f17c2456b991824.JPG

HardKnox.JPG.e3e64f29ac48b8aacbf8bfcf10966819.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I've 3 that count (sorta)

The Binman, my Savage / Shield Stalker

binman.thumb.png.c6a593fa67e37fb89f2e512c3698dbf8.png

Mombie : Necro / Nature Mastermind

mombie.png.0a399db8cfa6c5b63764d9024951f1f0.png

And finally one that was actually from hitting Random a lot, getting this combo and designing the character around them (I don't play them much because there's a much more famous Boyband on Everlasting and I felt weird having one on Reunion even though it was a coincidence). 

Boyband : Thugs / Traps MM

boyband.thumb.png.57111a29d9f1f5008790660d236474e4.png

• Like 4

Lessee, I think I have a couple of characters who have civvie costumes for various purposes.

doc-zombie.png j-moore.png miss-fade.png miss-fade-2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Great thread idea. 

Here's my main, 70s Man.  I won't say his outfit wouldn't stand out in 2024, but he's wearing street clothes.  He also has a fancier outfit for the disco:

image.jpeg.c2da4ab0db3b354960e9e93167203565.jpegimage.jpeg.acfd0e28bd4de9a70245876533bc985e.jpeg

Then there's Mediocre Fred.  He's inspired by a Smothers Brothers song.  He's a werewolf.  His human form started as the first guy below, but then I decided to play off of the name "Fred" and give him a bicyclist outfit.

image.jpeg.6edc93ccaeb81227944342752efabf5e.jpegimage.jpeg.b3a508f063bdceaff90c9320df0884d4.jpeg

Finally, this is The Bureaucrat, with his standard outfit, ready-for-action jacket-free look, and a nice sweater vest for Casual Friday:

image.jpeg.f5fb84bca26b1d42088a930793359bbb.jpegimage.jpeg.853ecab6ae53fcbf18a4355bb2d39d38.jpegimage.jpeg.a520ba4420ae9de5d6dcf4c1896f4fec.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Oh, I do this a lot.

Here's some of them:

73IIw5u.png

Amateur Archvillain, an Arachnos Soldier that struck out on her own as a rogue hoping to make it big time without the big bad spider organization backing her.

hDTf7w9.png

Beat, a Symphony/Martial Assault dominator who freestyle rap battles when she isn't literally beating on heroes and villains alike for fun.

ui98f7L.png

Blue Collar Criminal, War Mace/Shield scrapper who wields a pipe wrench and hides behind a manhole cover for defense.

4I9nxgI.png

The City Druid, a Thugs/Nature mastermind who commands the loyalty of some of what others would call the lowlifes of the city in her fight against those who would harm the environment.  Although she frequently fights on the side of good, she's still something of an eco-terrorist.

sNsQQ7o.png

Cloudbreak is an Electric/Dark brute in a pretty ordinary dress (aside from her bracelets which may or may not be the source of her power).  Once she enters battle, she becomes an animated stormcloud lashing out with lightning strikes and the occasional hail storm.

3yHxoXX.png

The Expert is an Assault Rifle/Martial Combat blaster and retired Longbow agent that occasionally comes out to help with tough missions.  (I made him in the likeness of Stan Lee.  Excelsior!!)

EissYC9.png

The Hillbilly Hero, a Staff/Bio Armor scrapper who gets his power from alcohol.

88vTnlf.png

The Junkyard Scrapper is not a scrapper at all, but a Gravity/Martial Assault dominator.  He does some melee, but really he just loves throwing junk at everyone.

qzAUJJv.png

The Long Cool Woman (in a black dress) is a Mind/Cold controller.  Just one look and you'll be a bad mess, because that long cool woman has it all.

Ue8UTgR.png

The Man-God, a Street Justice/Invulnerability brute.  He's a streetwise super man who upholds truth, justice, and the American way... very violently... and without a shirt.

XpBYiAl.png

Nadia Nightsong, a Symphony/Dark controller who patrols the streets to seek out criminal intent after hours and when she isn't performing on stage.

z0XGvlD.png

Perfectly Ordinary, a Dual Pistols/Martial Combat blaster with no special backstory.  She owns guns, knows how to fight, and takes it to the criminals.

0ttyihK.png

The Pizza Delivery Man, another Gravity/Martial dominator... because it's fun and funny.  This one delivers!

P74G7sb.png

Pretty Strong Guy, my Rage-less Willpower/Super Strength tanker.  He can carry like 6 folding chairs all by himself.

xG0LRzV.png

Wilde Kingdom, a Savage/Willpower brute that transforms into different animal-human hybrid forms for combat... but she's been known to mix it up in her street clothes from time to time.

Edited by Player2
typos
  • Like 3
  • Microphone 1

Some more...

frCKUgO.png

Big Girl, a science-based Willpower/Super Strength tanker who stands at maximum height (with maximum legs).  She's another Rage-less super strength build like Pretty Strong Guy, but I play her a lot more often.  Her clothes fit a lot better when she shrinks down to her 4' 10" size.

4Vnp6Rc.png

Counterpunch, a Street Justice/Bio Armor scrapper.  I think the gloves with chains kind of takes away from the everyday normal clothes stuff, but... whatever.

6MJa0mO.png

The Dude-Man, a Staff/Ninjitsu Stalker who fights with a broom to clean up the streets when he's not "cleaning up the streets."

XptdszJ.png

The Man-Dude, cousin of the Dude-Man...  just another Willpower/Super Strength build.  This one has Rage and I never really liked it, but it suits him.

W1hPaj6.png

Googly Moogly, a Dark/Psionic dominator... not @GM_GooglyMoogly.

OiS2PNz.png

Halloween Girl, like Big Girl, she's one of my elite... a Dark/Storm corruptor.  She's a bit gothy, but still sorta normal-ish.

6yb37Fz.png

Heritage, a Katana/Ninjitsu scrapper with a mix of traditional and contemporary fashions.  She has costumes that are more Asian-thematic, but I usually use this one.

F0oIVuF.png

Playmate, a Claws/Willpower stalker of a child that is both empowered and motivated by the wicked little critter perched on her shoulder, which may or may not be some kind of demon or imp.

ABojkOx.png

Professor Studly, a Beam Rifle/Martial Combat blaster who is the perfect action hero... sexy, brainy scientist in a swimsuit that's also ready to throw down with some martial arts action if need be.

212v54M.png

Rock Singer, a Symphony/Earth dominator.  Like Nadia Nightsong in my previous post, she's a stage performer in her "day job," but is ready to crank up the volume to 11 when she goes out to fight crime.

aJKXisx.png

Sonix, long before we had Symphony, I made this Sonic/Sonic blaster as a pop singer super hero with pipes to make the banshees cringe.

1i04oLe.png

Suggestive, an Illusion/Storm controller that I made more as a joke than anything.  I tend to stick her with badge titles that fit well under her name.  Currently she has Author from the AE badges, making her a Suggestive Author.

DQZz5Oq.png

Veganstein, a Plant/Empathy controller.  He's awfully scrawny, but mostly from the lack of proper protein in his diet.

8uDrUlC.png

Windy Skye, my favorite holdover from the Live servers...  a hippie dippy Electric/Storm defender and one of my top five mains.

Edited by Player2
typos
  • Like 3

A couple of my favorites:

Backwoods Bastage, similar to Player2's Hillbilly Hero, he got his powers from drinking some moonshine he made with irradiated corn for the mash.  He'll be glad to introduce you to his trusty hatchet he calls 'Molly'.  This is also his heroing outfit.

image.png.39dfd441614903e73091eba82024f3d3.png

Eva de'Struction is a research scientist at Portal Corp.  She got her powers when she unintentionally contacted a darkforce dimension.

image.png.93e439d88ee189ab61257841945932f4.png

Gold Bricker Bobby was a member of the Gold Brickers until he decided he could make more cash by being a politician Blueside.  He still has his Gold Bricker suit and weapons and will occasionally help out heros....in return for a campaign contribution. 

image.png.ed90470101775da1ed3c6e5358bef4fb.png

Groh...just another rage mutant but he DOES look similar to Carnifax' Boyband before he activates his powers...

image.png.3c339a312b926b0537b347405886d4e8.png

Last up is Scion of Hell whose day job as a professor of demonology.

image.png.7612655af50ef25bce5210cfddd16eb8.png

YEEEEE HAWWWW NOTHING says  "Yeah I am a hero but might have fleas" Then the infamous " BACKWOODS BASTAGE" my favorite toon of yours btw.  I still remember the manticore tf we did. Your fierce dedication to " roleplaying backwoods" still makes me chuckle to this day..... cheers!

11 minutes ago, COH Radgen said:

A couple of my favorites:

Backwoods Bastage, similar to Player2's Hillbilly Hero, he got his powers from drinking some moonshine he made with irradiated corn for the mash.  He'll be glad to introduce you to his trusty hatchet he calls 'Molly'.  This is also his heroing outfit.

image.png.39dfd441614903e73091eba82024f3d3.png

Eva de'Struction is a research scientist at Portal Corp.  She got her powers when she unintentionally contacted a darkforce dimension.

image.png.93e439d88ee189ab61257841945932f4.png

Gold Bricker Bobby was a member of the Gold Brickers until he decided he could make more cash by being a politician Blueside.  He still has his Gold Bricker suit and weapons and will occasionally help out heros....in return for a campaign contribution. 

image.png.ed90470101775da1ed3c6e5358bef4fb.png

Groh...just another rage mutant but he DOES look similar to Carnifax' Boyband before he activates his powers...

image.png.3c339a312b926b0537b347405886d4e8.png

Last up is Scion of Hell whose day job as a professor of demonology.

image.png.7612655af50ef25bce5210cfddd16eb8.png

YEEEEE HAWWWW NOTHING says  "Yeah I am a hero but might have fleas" Then the infamous " BACKWOODS BASTAGE" my favorite toon of yours btw.  I still remember the manticore tf we did. Your fierce dedication to " roleplaying backwoods" still makes me chuckle to this day..... cheers!

Some of y'all have some very strange ideas of "secret identity" clothing.  Just sayin'. 

Here's Grill N. Chill, and here's his off-duty "I'm headed to the club to hear some hot jazz" look.  I utilized the old comic trope where the character's out-of-costume look still has his color scheme worked in.

image.png.d51893553971061d5f6d88c72c075379.png

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Souper Salads,  Water Blast Corruptor - she's a working girl, survived an explosion of some known tech when a Crey scientist spilled soup on a device he really wasn't supposed to have taken to lunch with him, on her shift. Her blasts are red (tomato) and her secondary is Nature - the salads.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 143135.png

• Like 2

Car Wash, real name Carter Washington, surfer dude who works part time at Mr Bubbles Car Wash, another victim of a mysterious explosion when some shady type drove his limo through the Mr Bubbles while Carter was working. 

Screenshot 2024-03-01 143221.png

• Like 2