What Is The First Thing You Are Going To Do In Issue 27 Page 7?

dtjunkie

On 2/19/2024 at 7:19 PM, dtjunkie said:

Here's what I'm immediately doing:

Play with the same Tuesday night team with already existing characters ... turns out ones that we hadn't played for over a year or so ... and spend way too much time in the forums trying to catch up from being behind since Thursday or Friday last week .... 

• Thanks 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

8 hours ago, Etched said:

Now that Iss 27 page 7 is out. I'm going to hunt through all the new base items they added.  😍

@Etched

Let me know if there's anything you feel you simply MUST talk me into paying you to upgrade my base with, if you want, ha ha!

Sybil dress acquired for my toon (as previously mentioned), it is the best costume choice on that last slot.  I like the recharging numbers options for powers and trays.  May make a new Dom for one of those two powers, but probably not both on one.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

5 hours ago, Jimpy2 said:

I made an arsenal/arsenal dominator. I’m not so sure it’s a great choice, but it’s starting off ok.

Take a good look at Tranq Dart. I skipped it in beta, but last night I saw that it is probably the highest damage low tier power the two sets get and has a duration of 48 seconds.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

8 hours ago, aliasisudonomo said:

couple powers got their damage bumped up, all powers now cause Storm Cell and Cat 5 to do their thing more frequently. Playing my Storm/Inv sentinel, I can feel the difference; Storm Cell is a real zone of death now.

Nice!

The first thing I did do when Issue 27 Page 7 went live was to try to run the new Piecemeal personal story on my main.  After a few minutes of wondering why the payphone contact wouldn't give me the darn mission, I realized that my main was the wrong alignment. 😄 I switched to one of my villains who had run the prerequisite arc & got the payphone to cough up the mission.  I was occasionally confused as to where I was supposed to go next because I would be trying to follow the mini-map pointer instead of actually reading the mission objective. 🙄 But eventually my villain got through it all & I earned the badge, only to discover that the badge tracking site I use hadn't been updated with the new badges yet.  It was like a whole hour after the issue dropped & the volunteers in the community who update the site hadn't done it yet?  Shocking! 🤯

Seriously, thanks to the fine folks in the community who support my badge-hunting addiction. :classic_cool: I know you will get this updated in time.  I can wait while you do your good work. 👍

And thanks to the dev team for all of their hard work in putting this new issue together.  I enjoyed Piecemeal's personal story & its hints about upcoming developments in the game - & I loved most of the dialogue.  Truly hilarious at points! 🤣  The future of the game seems to be in very good hands! 😎

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

I said first thing respec. My ice/dark/dark corr had soul drain pbaoe changes to spirit drain ranged aoe.  Plus, after a recent incarnate trial i wanted to move heavily into leadership toggles. 

I barely log in and there is a pug looking to try for the new LGTF badges.  I join!  I hit my base while leader recruits. I grab a mad handful of overwhelming force enhancers. Then log back to rwz2 and use enhancement unslotters to pull out the 5 pbaoe and slam in OF.  

The new LGTF setting is mad hard.  And confusing.  There were waves of team deaths. These were good players.  We kept together and made the most of each sacrifice. Every mission is radically changed.  New enemies new mechanics.  Some of these folks, the leader especially, must have been running this on beta.  The last fight was confusing, epic, grand.  I was so lost if not incan’d to the right spot.  We won, two badges.  What a way to start!

Then I did a major respec lol.  

Edited by Snarky

From the little bit I've done so far, a couple of things stick out:

1. Event-based noises, such as power effects and so forth, seem to have the volume diminished while the zone music has been jacked up

2. Villains have received your basic "Gift from Above" and are considerably tougher than previously

Anybody else notice this?  Sure, it's not the sort of thing that's going to require Reverend Lovejoy to sit with me, pat me on the back and recite, "There, there.  There, there," but it is a touch distracting.  Also, not sure if I'm in love with those timers on long-recharge powers - Dull Pain, Instant Heal and so forth.

Volunteers from the rest of the class?

Started a new Dom with the Paragon Protector costume stuff! Grav/Arsenal Assault Dom named "Paragon Prolapser". 🙈

He will NOT be slotting any Sudden Accs. FF +rech Procs and Hasten...2 great kb cones early on...rifle butt power hit like a truck. Solo'd to 22 tonight and it was great.

Edited by BazookaTwo

21 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

Take a good look at Tranq Dart. I skipped it in beta, but last night I saw that it is probably the highest damage low tier power the two sets get and has a duration of 48 seconds.

Use Liquid Nitrogen, the AOE nighty-night gas, I forgot its name, then pick them off. It saved my life in the snake hatchery. And tranq dart was a big part of it. 

4 hours ago, Jimpy2 said:

Use Liquid Nitrogen, the AOE nighty-night gas, I forgot its name, then pick them off. It saved my life in the snake hatchery. And tranq dart was a big part of it. 

I have noticed that if I use Tranq on a mob first and then use Sleep Grenade, the effect duration from SG will overwrite the duration of Tranq. I am not sure if it is supposed to work that way. I does do if if I SG first and then use Tranq.

Edited by Marshal_General

First thing I did (after updating maps and mids) was run the Piecemeal story. Interesting take on what's happening with Galaxy if a little too fast paced. 

• Like 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

I'm really enjoying the new Striga arcs so far (finished the first three arcs). I have a toon named Tavern Witch that's an alternate dimension version of Stephanie Peebles, so getting to finally see the inside of The Mermaid Tavern was cool. I really like tying the Striga Giant Mech to the Crimson Prototype.

Cute little bot is cute. ^_^

I want the Seedling, myself, but getting that one is likely to be... problematic. Going after the Mr. Big Goofy Jello-Whale has never been popular.

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice