Can GMs assume control over random citizen NPCs?

kelika2

Normally in one mission in Synapes its a broken down office, might be Berthas mission in boomtown I never recall any random running scared citizens but today I seen one and it was actively following us.  it was still kinda running away and shivering but running back to us.

Are we being watched?

7 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Normally in one mission in Synapes its a broken down office, might be Berthas mission in boomtown I never recall any random running scared citizens but today I seen one and it was actively following us.  it was still kinda running away and shivering but running back to us.

Are we being watched?

Just your regular invulnerable, immortal, insane citizen of Paragon City.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Yes the GMs can enter your mission and watch you. This I know for a fact.

Now I don't know if they can take control of an NPC that's there, but I seem to remember a GM saying that they have a number of options for how their avatar looks. So I'm guessing that ordinary person would be one of those options.

• Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

The time on Live that I personally saw a GM enter a mission was after we filed a ticket because we couldn't complete a defeat all in a TF mission (mob stuck in terrain).  They appeared as a Police Drone.  We all buffed up and they moved the mob out ... and it got obliterated.

Edited by Doomguide2005
flled to filed

I think they do, but I can't imagine they would. I recall the OG devs talking about controlling Rikti in the original invasion at the end of beta

Edited by Riot Siren

Kaika DB/INVUN Stalker                                                 Unluck AR/Nin Blaster

Riot Siren Bio/Dark Tank                                                      Ria Greenheart Axe/Sheild scrapper

Blue Meteor Em/Rad Scrapper                                             Fio Rune  FIre/Rad Stalker 

1 hour ago, Doomguide2005 said:

The time on Live that I personally saw a GM enter a mission was after we filed a ticket because we couldn't complete a defeat all in a TF mission (mob stuck in terrain).  They appeared as a Police Drone.  We all buffed up and they moved the mob out ... and it got obliterated.

Yes, I'd seen the police drone devs a handful of times over the years.  As to human form, I can only vaguely recall one time where devs appeared in a group activity as NPC character, like the Vahz.  However, some were also there with their choice of avatar.  Ghost Widow, for example, was present.

I too had a police drone GM roll in to help us with a Council creep who had been blown through the geometry.  Not sure about just street walking NPC's But I tell myself that the GM's are secretly the ones saying nice things about my costume or how hot I look or how they should make an action figure of me.

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

7 hours ago, Riot Siren said:

I think they do, but I can't imagine they would. I recall the OG devs talking about controlling Rikti in the original invasion at the end of beta

Just before Sunset, Zwillinger came to Defiant and he was followed by one of the support GMs and there ensured about 30 minutes of mayhem including Clockwork King superleaping through Atlas Park and Hamidon's big orb appearing, and plenty of other stuff. It was one of those rare game occurrences that we treasure.

I'm pretty sure a lot of passing pedestrians began to dance, waving their arms in the air and moonwalk so...

yes they can if they so desire.

But your example sounds like normal NPC behaviour I suspect

• Like 2

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

8 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I have seen them use police drones.  Not sure, now that I think, that I have seen them use anything besides police drones. I guess those things have good attacks.  They can obliterate a GM. 

11 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Are we being watched?

Every step you take...

Every move you make...

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Now I don't know if they can take control of an NPC that's there, but I seem to remember a GM saying that they have a number of options for how their avatar looks. So I'm guessing that ordinary person would be one of those options.

Allll I can thhhink is of an NNNNNNPC grinnnding out commmments like AAAAgent SSSSSmith...

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

22 hours ago, Techwright said:

Yes, I'd seen the police drone devs a handful of times over the years.  As to human form, I can only vaguely recall one time where devs appeared in a group activity as NPC character, like the Vahz.  However, some were also there with their choice of avatar.  Ghost Widow, for example, was present.

I hadn't even mentally correlated in my old brain this sort of appearance.  I'd heard of GMs showing on several occasions in this manner.  Notably at the end of CoV beta in Mercy where our characters got to dogpiled several members of the Freedom Phalanx.  And as I understand it after a certain moment when Howling Twilight and a Hami Bloom brought an invisibly watching Admin out to exclaim "you did what?!!"

On 2/24/2024 at 4:28 AM, ZorkNemesis said:

I know i've seen one of the Homecoming GMs appear as a Spirit Shark projectile, they can be a lot of things if they so choose.

One showed up as Lady Grey once to help us try to fix a problem in LGTF.  Even played it a bit in-character. 🙂