Super Strength Power Set - Update Please

Hi,

I've been playing the classic Invulnerability/Super Strength Tanker. Its got me thinking whether the power set could be a little more suitable for big mobs instead of single targets. Some may argue that its easier to just play with the Street Justice power set instead of asking for changes, which is understandable. Foot Stomp, Knockout Blow and Rage are great abilities from Super Strength power set and I'd like to expand beyond that.

'Haymaker' might I recommend be a melee cone attack that does heavy damage. And 'Handclap' I would like to see do damage and change knockback to knockdown. No sense knocking back a large mob out of melee range when many faces need punching in or foot stomped. This doesn't necessarily have to be the solution but I hope this brings me a chance to share a thought.

Thanks,

Lightning Drone.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also the animations for super strength are very outdated. It should be on par with titans weapons. SS is a great set that can barely be seen while fighting. CoH has fantastic animations for other power sets, I think this one just needs to be update a a bit. 

Super Strength got a couple of new animations added before the shutdown, but I feel like LightningDrone has a good point... except for calling Rage a good ability.  Personally, Rage feels out of place in the set... unless you want to call the set Hulk Strength, because the various Hulks are really the only super strength characters of note that are known for powering up with their rage.  I'm not going to say it's exclusive to them because I'm sure someone will hit me with a couple of obscure references, but the Hulk characters are the only big name ones in a sea of super strength heroes and villains that rage and get more powerful.

I dislike Rage and would rather see the whole set's damage re-balanced around having Rage replaced with a standard Build Up.  You want rage power, just play a brute.

Aside from that, I do like the idea of making Super Strength a little more AoE friendly or anything to highlight the character actually being super strong.  Because yeah, we have martial artists and street justice fighters that punch and kick just as effectively, making Super Strength seem very lackluster overall.

• Like 1