Name Purge

52 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

From my point of view, that poster threw something I said back in my face after we had already discussed it. If I'm wrong about that, someone please explain why they brought it back up to me a second time. If they don't want to discuss something I did, they can let it lie.

Conversations are odd and beautiful things.  Many times looping and spinning like acrobats. Oftentimes revisiting a section for clarification, emphasis, or expounding upon. Conversations are organic, and as part of the very definition are the product of two or more who are striving to be understood.  They can also be just plain silly.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Conversations are odd and beautiful things.  Many times looping and spinning like acrobats. Oftentimes revisiting a section for clarification, emphasis, or expounding upon. Conversations are organic, and as part of the very definition are the product of two or more who are striving to be understood.  They can also be just plain silly.  

That's....a post alright. I'm just going to drop out of this thread now. Although I do have to ask; is there a form I can fill out before I can ask you to come in and defend me or is invoking you enough?

• Haha 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

11 hours ago, biostem said:

I mean, it's really not that difficult;  If I want a name, free it up, but don't you dare free up any of my names, (even if I haven't logged into them for years), because I need those!

If you haven’t logged in for years, why do you still need them?

Are you a hoarder?  Are you one of those people that just can’t throw anything away because you feel you may need it once again in the future?

Time to clean up your house.  You will never find a use for that old pizza box, empty toilet paper roll or 8-track player.  Throw them away!

12 hours ago, Apogee said:

I feel a great disturbance in the Forums, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.  I feel a thread lock will happen.

Aw cmon, we've barely rehashed the topic for the hundredth time. 

5 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

That's....a post alright. I'm just going to drop out of this thread now. Although I do have to ask; is there a form I can fill out before I can ask you to come in and defend me or is invoking you enough?

What you need to do is take a cave bat and release it into the sky.  Then have a mage cast a spell on it so that it glows blood red for three minutes.  Then explodes.  Sometimes, not always, but sometimes that gets my attention.  Or i could give you my cell number.  But you look suspicious, so no, try the bat thing.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Are you a hoarder?  Are you one of those people that just can’t throw anything away because you feel you may need it once again in the future?

Time to clean up your house.  You will never find a use for that old pizza box, empty toilet paper roll or 8-track player.  Throw them away!

------- The Joke ----->

------------------------

------------------------

------------------------

------------------------

--------- You --------->

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Banjo 1

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

are you positive?

Copyright Information | Environment & Society Portal

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Snarky said:

are you positive?

are you cleverly getting a blood mention in and distracting us with a big picture or is this sub-conscious?

it's my blood and you can't have it.

image.png.0e014bedc95b9064cdb2850c3c3c9fb6.png

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

7 minutes ago, Troo said:

are you cleverly getting a blood mention in and distracting us with a big picture or is this sub-conscious?

it's my blood and you can't have it.

bwah hah hah.  there is a story there actually.  in my dabbling in art i have studied about people that hoard "junk" and create art.  one of my instructors did this and was becoming quite successful with her work.  i grok it, yet find it beyond my skill.  taking beautiful pigments and destroying them by trying to make them into something on canvas is the height of my ability.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

Bro chill. Frostbiter is actually not that original. One of the ways you can get the name you want is to add extra characters or tense. So yeah would not be suprised to see variations of "Frostbite" easily taken. Especially in a game where you can easily make characters having to do with ice control.

• Moose 1

When I started on Homecoming I got my favorite/mains name from Live as my global. Yay! I could not however get it as her name when I recreated her, so I added an S at the end. Meh, not the same but what do you do. Well I figured out what to do and looked up who had the name and decided I'd try to email them and just explain why I wanted the name and ask if they would part with it. I heard nothing. For months. Then about a year later I got an email from them and they said they would absolutely give it to me! Yay!

I only share this as a positive example of asking the person and it working out. I had given up hope and continued on with my "subpar" name.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

I heard that vegans count as two of the four food groups.

There's more than meat, potatoes, and beer? Huh.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

On 4/20/2024 at 9:45 AM, macskull said:

Over the last 17 years someone has asked for one of my character names zero times.

Why would they ask for something, when they are already entitled to it...? ;)

Game over man, game over!

22 hours ago, Troo said:

I have 'Troo' on all servers.

I do not have dozens and dozens of character names copied on every server, just the main one.

And I visit each server periodically to give away startup capital to young villains.

This is not wrong is it?

For a villain to be charitable...? You should be ashamed! ;-p

• Banjo 1

Game over man, game over!