The reason you failed that last trial was because:

The reason you failed that last trial was because:  

45 members have voted

1. 1. The reason you failed that last trial was because:

• That one guy did that thing.
    • The team/league didn’t have enough _______________. (Please specify below)
    • Someone wasn’t reading chat.
    • Someone was trolling.
    • The leader didn’t say a thing after it started.
    • League mapserve.
    • One or more participants were high.
    • One or more people didn’t understand the English language.
    • Frickin’ Jeff.
    • Snarky was on the team/league.
    • The leader was a total jackwagon using local idioms and no one understood what he was saying.
    • The leader posted all instructions to LFG.
    • The game cheats.

"One or more participants were high."

It was me! Just kidding. I don't do teams.

• Like 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

lol Snarky.  Guys more famous than that dude who did that thing back in the day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

If we always failed because some guy was high, well... I'm not sure we'd ever succeed.   I bet it was that Frikkin Jeff who wasn't reading chat and doing that one thing.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

If we always failed because some guy was high, well... I'm not sure we'd ever succeed.   I bet it was that Frikkin Jeff who wasn't reading chat and doing that one thing.

Well of course, this last Saturday was 420 day so I know many people indulged, simply because.

What some of you may not realise is that today 22nd April is Surprise Drug Test Day at Work, so that's something else for people to get excited about too 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

9 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

"One or more participants were high."

It was me! Just kidding. I don't do teams.

I was gonna hit Fulcrum Shift, but then I got high. 

No one could take out the big bad fast, he ran around the whole warehouse, and I know why ..

Apologies.  Look it was Snarky's fault!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

I was gonna hit Fulcrum Shift, but then I got high. 

No one could take out the big bad fast, he ran around the whole warehouse, and I know why ..

Apologies.  Look it was Snarky's fault!

The common denominator on all bad pugs.  Sigh.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snarky said:

The double extra irony being my cellmate here in the Hospital was in Withdrawls ...

Luckily he got moved to the ICU about 6 hours ago, so I have a new Pug.

• Staff of Aesculapius 1

22 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

The double extra irony being my cellmate here in the Hospital was in Withdrawls ...

Luckily he got moved to the ICU about 6 hours ago, so I have a new Pug.

Keep smiling and casually steal as much random stuff as you can.  Might come in handy.  

• Thumbs Up 1

i spilled my wet burrito into my keyboard\

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

to be serious for a moment, in my experience, the usual reason for failure is lack of communication/coordination.

Even small, underpowered groups can mash almost all the content in this game, provided they actually <talk> to each other and know their roles.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

2 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Hate when that happens 

imagine his surprise when he realised it wasn't a burrito either!

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

Now, now.  I was teamed on two absolutely atrocious PUGs this weekend and you were nowhere nearby.  That is, unless you were in disguise?

I saw no Jeff either, not even a Geoff.

• Banjo 1

35 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

to be serious for a moment, in my experience, the usual reason for failure is lack of communication/coordination.

Even small, underpowered groups can mash almost all the content in this game, provided they actually <talk> to each other and know their roles.

Concur.  I actually selected the not watching chat because I was answering based on Okie asking the question and knowing how they and others from the Oklahoman School of Trial/Raid Leadership roll (i.e. lots of guidance in League Chat reasonable tolerance for dumb and consistent application thereof).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

8 hours ago, mechahamham said:

I dunno who Jeff is, but eff that guy.

He's literally the worst.

• Haha 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

3 hours ago, Techwright said:

Now, now.  I was teamed on two absolutely atrocious PUGs this weekend and you were nowhere nearby.  That is, unless you were in disguise?

I saw no Jeff either, not even a Geoff.

Geoff was a lot nicer before those damned Giants invaded.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The team/league didn’t have enough _______________. (Please specify below)

Damage? Debuffs? Competence? The last one I remember failing was a PUG Lambda (I think with 8). Despite pacifying Marauder, everyone kept dying and we weren't putting a dent in  his health. I dropped before the failure was official.

• Confused 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Was the legacy Lord Recluse Strike Force, I believe. The one where Statesman drops 3000 pt zone wide aoes. 

The guy putting it together wanted to avoid all the known strategies for success, but didn’t want to try anything else other than just zerging it. Surprisingly, this was not effective. 

After 4 or 5 tpks without dropping any of the 8 AVs — or even coming close — we bailed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2