City of Heroes 20th Anniversary: Time Capsule Event, Q&A With Original Team, Costume Contests

Arcanum

Let me be first to say I am very bad at taking pictures: that is to say, toggling stuff off like names but stuff I took from where I was like this just because of the angle being hilarious, for example!

image.png?ex=664bd224&is=664a80a4&hm=bdb2a330f81539d0c3237d0af4de84ddc969411332142acd63b9d0afab2a6d03&

image.png?ex=664bd70d&is=664a858d&hm=f2600bd7cd62e2de4360494d4520a1f095ee3bac32c6908b19c5cb9a81458812&

And naturally, a Mapserver!

image.thumb.png.67012ee0accd6f60200d96b50bcad3ec.png

• Like 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Here are a few pictures from Echo Plaza 2 zone.  Very Cool seeing War Witch, Black Scorpion and Dark Watcher along with other Dev's and GM's.

But of course the best thing is how many of the community came out for this event.  So many great costumes and concepts.  And lots of jokes and puns.  All celebrating 20 years of this amazing game.

And then the Monster Mash happened!  Giant Spiders, Robots, and even giant versions of everyone in the zone!  It was a blast!

image.jpeg

screenshot_240519-16-27-52.jpg

screenshot_240519-16-23-57.jpg

screenshot_240519-17-05-07.jpg

screenshot_240519-17-25-41.jpg

screenshot_240519-17-25-54.jpg

screenshot_240519-17-26-58.jpg

screenshot_240519-17-32-46.jpg

screenshot_240519-17-38-09.jpg

screenshot_240519-17-41-23.jpg

screenshot_240519-17-43-37.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

ahhhhh haha this was pretty cool to see! 

(click to expand)
warwitch.png.44fad6e9470f6664a463a94a1775eab4.pngdarkwatcher.png.d45a368dbae4813c4742fd718a1f48ea.pngimage.thumb.png.86d06eea8d74adaf50f6a1717332787a.png

This is so cool. I missed all of the events but it's so nice to see the Devs from back when come back into the game. It really hits you right in the feels. Hopefully they can become part of the HC Team? 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks Tacheyon for the pics! I really love this costume:

Screenshot 2024-05-20 134116.png

I didn't see this character at the time, I was down the line somewhere. It was very fun, I can't imagine the work behind the scenes juggling what, 350 or so (I heard) contestants in at least 2 (or more?) instances of Echo Park!

So many monsters mashing, I think Tyrant was the worst, multiple Tyrants were wiping the leagues over and over! I was particularly happy to see my fav GM, the Mapserver (and I got actual mapserved once! thought it was over but reconnected!). Also love the GMs based on us, the contestants - so fun to see (and fight) yourself as a giant!

Great party. Awesome gawking with excitement and sentimentality by turns at our HC devs mingling with the original devs!

Thanks HC and guests!

Edited by momentarygrace
  • Like 2

Darn it, I completely missed this event, even though I hoped to participate, due to time zone confusion and my being in an airport at the time (though I was able to connect with my laptop from there with my cellular hotspot!).  At least there’s the Reunion iteration of the contest for next week.  Anyway, glad you all had fun!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Dear Devs-

I believe this concerns an anniversary prize the, interruptive, bat. 

Once hit by this bat can a person become immune to it's effects or repel the bat wielder or can the power go on a cool down?

Last night I saw someone bully another by constantly hitting them with the bat. There was a group of us (3+) dancing waiting for a MSR to begin when a person walked around and hit each of us interrupting our dancing. I started again as did another toon I could see (it was getting crowded in Vanguard). The person with the bat hit a second toon again. They started dancing again and they were hit again by the same person with the bat. The dancer stopped and the batter continued to hit the them. The dancer started typing that the person was a jerk and that they were being singled out. The batter continued to hit them. After a minute of some the better walked over to the stage with Lady Grey and waited. When that same person started dancing the batter came down off the stage and hit the dancer. Soon the batter would just come down hit the person now not doing anything at all, run back onto the raised stage and then run back down and hit the person when the effects wore off. Eventually the MSR league and the dancer, myself included, were moved to an instance to play the MSR. The batter was not part of the league and was gone when the MSR ended. It was pretty maddening to watch this and not be able to do anything.

Edited by Dogooder

2 hours ago, Dogooder said:

Dear Devs-

Once hit by this bat can a person become immune to it's effects or repel the bat wielder or can the power go on a cool down?

Last night I saw someone bully another by constantly hitting them with the bat. There was a group of us (3+) dancing waiting for a MSR to begin when a person walked around and hit each of us interrupting our dancing. I started again as did another toon I could see (it was getting crowded in Vanguard). The person with the bat hit a second toon again. They started dancing again and they were hit again by the same person with the bat. The dancer stopped and the batter continued to hit the them. The dancer started typing that the person was a jerk and that they were being singled out. The batter continued to hit them. After a minute of some the better walked over to the stage with Lady Grey and waited. When that same person started dancing the batter came down off the stage and hit the dancer. Soon the batter would just come down hit the person now not doing anything at all, run back onto the raised stage and then run back down and hit the person when the effects wore off. Eventually the MSR league and the dancer, myself included, were moved to an instance to play the MSR. The batter was not part of the league and was gone when the MSR ended. It was pretty maddening to watch this and not be able to do anything.

Easy fix if you have Super Speed, turn on Speed Phase and you'll be unaffected by anything. Can't be pushed off a ledge, shouldn't be hittable by a bat.

What, me worry?

As far as I can tell there are a total of five new insp drops tied to the Anniversary event.  As far as I can remember, they are obtained *only* by defeating enemies spawning from opening Time Capsules.

The people in the Help channel explained to me how to find out what a particular insp does.  Right-click it and select "Info."  Then click the "Detailed Info" tab and what it does will be shown at the bottom.

Special note: if there is no explanation for what it does, then the insp provides Debt Protection.

Special note 2: if you put them in an insp storage container in your base, it will "sort" them.

They work as follows...  The order of this list is how they're sorted in my storage container.

1) +Def (all)

2) Debt Protection

3) Heal on self

4) +End on self

5) +?% Dam (all) on self

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

1 hour ago, Display Name said:

As far as I can tell there are a total of five new insp drops tied to the Anniversary event.  As far as I can remember, they are obtained *only* by defeating enemies spawning from opening Time Capsules.

The people in the Help channel explained to me how to find out what a particular insp does.  Right-click it and select "Info."  Then click the "Detailed Info" tab and what it does will be shown at the bottom.

Special note: if there is no explanation for what it does, then the insp provides Debt Protection.

Special note 2: if you put them in an insp storage container in your base, it will "sort" them.

They work as follows...  The order of this list is how they're sorted in my storage container.

1) +Def (all)

2) Debt Protection

3) Heal on self

4) +End on self

5) +?% Dam (all) on self

You can buy them from Luna during the event or from the auction house all year long. 

• Like 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

44 minutes ago, BlackMatador said:

Have any of the prizes gone out for the CC on the 19th? I was one of the 4 finalists and I haven't gotten an update on either my title or the prismatic aethers

Give it a few days, possibly next week since they've still got to do the Reunion event.  If it's like previous contests you'll have the prize in your Character Items box when it's given, and the badge should be granted if you don't already have it.  I think the title is being handled differently this time since they didn't host on multiple shards for this one.

• Like 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 5/23/2024 at 3:01 PM, BlackMatador said:

Have any of the prizes gone out for the CC on the 19th? I was one of the 4 finalists and I haven't gotten an update on either my title or the prismatic aethers

I was another one, I asked on Discord, they said they were waiting on folks to respond to the forums messages they sent, I think?

• City Council
2 hours ago, syntaxerror37 said:

Is there any update on the lore Q&A? I'm really curious to see the answers to everybody's questions.

Soon™️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

I enjoyed this 20th Anniversary event. Tyvm! 🙂

I also enjoyed the player-run 20th Anniversary events. A special thank you to those folks too!

• Like 2

Freedom Sparks

Torchbearer Server

image.png.a20afca0432b6540ac7278b2485be0e3.png

On 5/21/2024 at 3:18 PM, Dogooder said:

I wonder if they can make so if you block or ignore the person, them hitting you with the bat would simply have no effect whatsoever...

• Like 1

• City Council

Hi everybody!

Apologies, there's been a slight delay in getting the Q&A Responses posted. Barring any complications, I'm hoping to get them posted on Tuesday!

My apologies, but wanted to let everyone know!

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• City Council

Hi everyone!

One final post in this thread, the Q&A responses have been posted here.

Thanks everyone for your patience, as well as joining us in our events all month! We hope you enjoyed celebrating as much as we did! 😄

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!