Why was the sentinel set guide unpinned?

Underfyre

It was pretty damn useful for getting ideas flowing to figure out which alts to theorycraft/make next. Even though some of the posts were outdated thanks to years of patching, it was still a great reference point overall. 

Press F to pay respects. 

F | Press F to Pay Respects - Plantillas de Memes

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

4 minutes ago, Underfyre said:

I spent a ton of time on those write ups.

I think your best bet would be to ask @GM Crumpet He may not be able to help, but he'll at least get you an answer.

• Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

• City Council
1 hour ago, Underfyre said:

It was outdated and no longer maintained. The OP told me to go ahead and unpin it.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Game Master
5 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I think your best bet would be to ask @GM Crumpet He may not be able to help, but he'll at least get you an answer.

Ah, but will you get the answer you want? 😛 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Underfyre said:

Copy them, make a new post since you do keep them updated, ask for it to be pinned?

• Like 1
  • Microphone 2

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

Unmaintained or not it was still the best resource of ANY archetype.  I just used it for my Dark3 Sentinel

Since when has The Council of Fourteen cared about what we use for resources?

Have we all just forgotten what they did when working on updating Force Fields? They deleted PKs posts in their feedback threads and then, once it went live, unceremoniously unpinned his thread and then they quietly pretended that nothing had happened.

On 5/2/2024 at 11:26 PM, GM Crumpet said:

Ah, but will you get the answer you want? 😛 

The reason why I suggested to the OP that he ask you specifically is because in the past you've always shown enough respect for the players to at least get us an answer. And we all understand that you're not in charge so even if the answer is "never gonna happen and go F yourself" I'm ok with that because at least you took the time and effort to get us the answer.

Unlike others on The Council of Fourteen who spent years ignoring our requests for updated information but then one day went out of their way to give the info that we'd been asking for to MOP.

• Microphone 4

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

• Game Master
8 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Since when has The Council of Fourteen cared about what we use for resources?

Have we all just forgotten what they did when working on updating Force Fields? They deleted PKs posts in their feedback threads and then, once it went live, unceremoniously unpinned his thread and then they quietly pretended that nothing had happened.

The reason why I suggested to the OP that he ask you specifically is because in the past you've always shown enough respect for the players to at least get us an answer. And we all understand that you're not in charge so even if the answer is "never gonna happen and go F yourself" I'm ok with that because at least you took the time and effort to get us the answer.

Unlike others on The Council of Fourteen who spent years ignoring our requests for updated information but then one day went out of their way to give the info that we'd been asking for to MOP.

I appreciate the confidence in me (though I'd never tell someone to F off 😛 ). I try my best but don't always have the information at hand or it's above my pay grade. 

The city council is new, the people on it aren't. Chances are you've interacted with them over the years. It's not a shadowy cabal sitting round a table in hoods with their faces in shadow. It's a group of volunteers who try to make the game consistent across the board and build new content they hope people will enjoy.

As for unpinning the post, I've done the same myself on occasion when contacted by the original poster. An out of date resource is no use to anyone. If someone wants to make an up to date one then all they have to do is post it and contact any GM and we'll happily pin it as as a replacement. There is no malice involved, and the original poster always has the option to delete instead of unpin if they so wish.

I'm always happy to have a  conversation with a player, even if we don't agree. As long as it stays respectful and doesn't degenerate into "you suck, man!!" levels 🙂. Some things I know and can talk about, others I can't, and some things I have no idea as they are technical and I'm just an end user and my abilities are limited to hitting the on switch!!

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, GM Crumpet said:

It's not a shadowy cabal sitting round a table in hoods with their faces in shadow.

Some things I know and can talk about, others I can't

Read between the lines.... it's a Nemesis plot. FREEEEEM!!!!

And the "things I know  and can talk about, others I can't " comment? That means they're looking at more ways to nerf regen.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/2/2024 at 9:34 PM, Underfyre said:

Make a new post with the builds - then you will be the Original Poster ? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

I appreciate the confidence in me (though I'd never tell someone to F off 😛 ). I try my best but don't always have the information at hand or it's above my pay grade. 

The city council is new, the people on it aren't. Chances are you've interacted with them over the years. It's not a shadowy cabal sitting round a table in hoods with their faces in shadow. It's a group of volunteers who try to make the game consistent across the board and build new content they hope people will enjoy.

As for unpinning the post, I've done the same myself on occasion when contacted by the original poster. An out of date resource is no use to anyone. If someone wants to make an up to date one then all they have to do is post it and contact any GM and we'll happily pin it as as a replacement. There is no malice involved, and the original poster always has the option to delete instead of unpin if they so wish.

I'm always happy to have a  conversation with a player, even if we don't agree. As long as it stays respectful and doesn't degenerate into "you suck, man!!" levels 🙂. Some things I know and can talk about, others I can't, and some things I have no idea as they are technical and I'm just an end user and my abilities are limited to hitting the on switch!!

IMG_0732.webp

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

The city council is new, the people on it aren't. Chances are you've interacted with them over the years. It's not a shadowy cabal sitting round a table in hoods with their faces in shadow.

They actually are a shadowy cabal, I don't know who they are, most of us plebes don't know who they are, and they set it up that way on purpose. Initially I'm sure it was to shield themselves and their careers should NCSoft decide to play hardball, so I certainly don't blame them for that. They may not have hoods, or even a table, but they a cabal who operates from the shadows. That's not an insult, merely a statement of fact.

13 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

As for unpinning the post, I've done the same myself on occasion when contacted by the original poster.

Sure, but that's not what happened with PK, and you know it. You say there's no malice involved and maybe you're right. But from where I'm at, on the outside looking in, it sure looked like there was in that particular case.

Look, I didn't mean for my posts here to turn into criticism of The Council of Fourteen, I just contrary streak and an addiction to making sure that what's being said in conversation is factually accurate. Which, as I'm sure you can imagine, has insured that I'm pretty much always in trouble with someone.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

They actually are a shadowy cabal, I don't know who they are, most of us plebes don't know who they are, and they set it up that way on purpose. Initially I'm sure it was to shield themselves and their careers should NCSoft decide to play hardball, so I certainly don't blame them for that. They may not have hoods, or even a table, but they a cabal who operates from the shadows. That's not an insult, merely a statement of fact.

That's why it was called S.C.O.R.E. Secret Cabal of Reverse Engineers before it was rebranded as Homecoming when it was opened to the public after the leak.

I've been a GM for other MMO private servers (Lineage 2, SWG) and ran a private WoW server for awhile using Apache way back in the day. I'm not on the team here in any capacity whatsoever, but I fully understand why they are secretive as it's common among the dev team of any private server.

Homecoming is kinda an oddity in that it became a registered LLC (although it did use a shell company to hide the identity of the registered agent, so more shadowy cabal), and even more so getting a limited license to run the game from the IP holder (which is pretty unique). Although they are a shadowy cabal, they run a pretty resilient server structure that's demonstrated reliability in staying online, despite me not always agreeing with some of the changes we've seen over the years (hello stealth exclusivity).

• Like 5

• City Council
21 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Look, I didn't mean for my posts here to turn into criticism of The Council of Fourteen, I just contrary streak and an addiction to making sure that what's being said in conversation is factually accurate.

Funny story about that.

image.png

But it's 14 now? Who got promoted???

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

That's why it was called S.C.O.R.E. Secret Cabal of Reverse Engineers before it was rebranded as Homecoming when it was opened to the public after the leak.

I must have misread something, but I thought SCORE & HC were two separate entities.   (Gist of finally getting around to reading the pcgamer article last night)

31 minutes ago, Number Six said:

But it's 14 now? Who got promoted???

If you do a member search on the forums for City Council it literally shows 14 members. Hence The Council of Fourteen.

I think it was Widower who was promoted. He used to be listed as Head GM, now he's shown as a member of the council.

• City Council
56 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

If you do a member search on the forums for City Council it literally shows 14 members.

Oh, ok, the 14th is the the "Homecoming" account. That doesn't count. That's not a person, it's a staff use general account we all have access to for posting announcements (kind of like Curator is for patch notes except a different group can use that one). Like a PR mailbox so people don't get confused and ping one person because they happened to be the one to post the announcement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Number Six said:

Oh, ok, the 14th is the the "Homecoming" account. That doesn't count. That's not a person, it's a staff use general account we all have access to for posting announcements (kind of like Curator is for patch notes except a different group can use that one). Like a PR mailbox so people don't get confused and ping one person because they happened to be the one to post the announcement.

Ah, I stand corrected, sir.

So The Council of Thirteen it is and The Council of Thirteen it shall remain.

• Game Master
23 hours ago, lemming said:

I must have misread something, but I thought SCORE & HC were two separate entities.   (Gist of finally getting around to reading the pcgamer article last night)

They were/are. Homecoming is actually entirely separate and rose from the ashes after the big reveal. SCORE was a different entity.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2024 at 11:23 AM, PeregrineFalcon said:

Ah, I stand corrected, sir.

So The Council of Thirteen it is and The Council of Thirteen it shall remain.

the exact number of a High Coven.  not a coincidence....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2