How would you create a "stinky character"?

biostem

I had this idea knocking about in my head for a character whose powers stemmed from, or were otherwise augmented by, them being really really stinky; like a skunk or stink bug.  What AT and powersets would you choose for such a character?  Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

For my part, I had a few ideas for what could work;

1. An earth control & poison or radiation controller.

2. At the other extreme end, something like a savage/radiation or bio armor brute, or maybe a stone armor tanker.

• Thumbs Up 1

My SS/DA Brute Hamhock is also known as the Stench That Walks, with Oppressive Gloom in particular representing the overpowering reek of death and rotten bacon that follows in his wake and the rest of Dark colored brown-orange-green to provide all the cloudy "stink lines" I could want. Really Opp Gloom is the cornerstone of any overpowering stink gimmick IMO and some other ATs besides meleers get access to it via epics. I'd probably go Corruptor, where Radiation and Dark Miasma and to a lesser extent Poison are the frontrunners in my mind. Rad & Dark give you actual cloudy effects to treat as stinky haze and foul gasses or what-have-you, with Rad pulling ahead for its cloudy sickening Hold aura and multiple gassy looking anchors, though Fearsome Stare could also be treated as a stink cone. Dark & Rad blast as the blast set frontrunners as well, though now I'm idly wondering if Storm Blast's wind & cloud FX might have something to them for this purpose.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My spine/stone brute is literally a send-off of Phwibbledorf Pwent, Battlerager of the Forgotten Realms, who is notoriously stinky, and the double dot auras contribute to being so awful that folks perish of proximity.

If I wanted full stink, I might do rad/stone, with darkest night? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Anything that has chocking/vomiting  power reactions or holds that you can color that also have a potential stink look.

Poison, Earth control(stinks n poo man), radiation, Some darkness if changed,etc.

Water blast (I've a pee'd in the pool concept toon in the past) but you could go green/brown sewer water I suppose.

Necro mm (stink of the grave if you will).

and really the list goes on.

It just depends on how committed you are to the stank theme.

• Thumbs Up 1

Poison on a non-Mastermind so you can emit a cloud of toxic gasses that debuff everything in range.  Your debuffs could also conceptually be smell based, imagine the poison trap just being a massive stink bomb.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 5/10/2024 at 9:48 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

Dark Armor.

Agree... dark armor, change colors to yellowish greens.  Also you can use the cloud aura while traveling, and possibly that insect aura.

• Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

I have a brute named Stench Wench who uses rad melee and dark armor both colored yellowish-green.

• Like 2

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

See how much of a bee you can make your character look like and call yourself Honey Wagon or some variant of that and go a little nuts with water/dark corr

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2024 at 10:48 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

Dark Armor.

I have a theme tanker who only deals damage passively who is dark armor//radiation melee.  The rationale for his powers are “harsh words and foul odors.”

• Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

I once created a character called "Musk" whose power was to emit pheromones for various effects including mind control, stunning and weakening enemies.  My thinking is Radiation Emission and some sort of power set allowing mind control... perhaps Dark Blast... so a Defender/Corruptor.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later

For a stinky character?  I'd probably try to make something using Cheese Control/Armor/Melee/whatever (probably Stone or Seismic sets, assuming that the rock is tintable somehow), and add in the Volcanic Gasses aura with that "smelly" green/brown color.  (and as many chance to stun or toxic damage procs as I could!)

And, of course, a few possible names (there's so many cheese puns out there for this):

Dr. Limburger, Wight Cheddar, The Muenster Monster, The Great Gouda

• Haha 1

I have a stone/bio brute named Dung Beetle (whose powers are dung colored) and an earth/poison controller named Horse Apples who also has poo colored powers. I think Horse Apples also has the flies aura to complete the effect.

• Haha 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster