Favorite Flavor of Defender Teamate

8 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

Totally not true regarding Blasters and Empaths.  Empaths are perfect for Blasters - everything Emps do make Blasters unkillable juggernauts.  An Emp would really have to slack for a Blaster die while on their watch.  

And my opinion - Tankers should not get Fortitude.  They already have high defenses.  Fort should go to squishies that need the extra defense so they can survive better, and also make less need for reactive heals.  Personally, I always put Fort on Blasters, Doms, and Controllers as they typically pull lots of aggro and need the extra defense, to Hit, and Damage.

How illuminating!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I'm old and I haven't outgrown this game. I reject that hypothesis! 🤣

Oh dear, I'm fairly certain I was the oldest person in my VG back on live too. This isn't a matter of age. 😉

5 hours ago, Eiko-chan said:

Oh dear, I'm fairly certain I was the oldest person in my VG back on live too. This isn't a matter of age. 😉

Back on Legacy, my in-game brother was 57 when we first started playing together back in 2007-08.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

21 hours ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

I'm curious, what kind of defender to *non*-defenders (which is why I put this here instead of the Defender sub-forum) most-like to have on the team.

Not a particular powerset or combination of sets, but rather a particular mindset, is who I prefer to team with.  Namely, a defender who  knows that their support/buffing/healing set is merely half of their character, (less if you also count pools/incarnates/etc), and that you neither need to chase around every teammate nor do you need to spam your powers to be effective.  Being cognizant about where you're standing, who you're attacking, and where the rest of your team is, (i.e. a high degree of situational awareness), makes for a far far better teammate than any particular primary or secondary, in my mind...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

How illuminating!

As a player of many Empaths this is pretty much how I do it.  Tankers get it when they go colorful with any frequency  which usually means I'm exemped low (Posi or Synapse) and mitigation isn't quite there yet.

For me, buffs don't matter...until they do. For the most part, any buff that makes a stat "blue" or caps an attribute that I don't have capped without buffs...I just love that. So, an emp with fort or AB, a kin with fulcrum shift, or a cold with the ice shield + frostwork...all that stuff is great. 

But the one buff I like more than any other is Adrenaline Boost. So, yeah, I get that a dark/dark is going to be more valuable for harder content in most cases. But, I still love me some AB. 

On 5/23/2024 at 9:29 PM, PhotriusPyrelus said:

I doubt blasters would most-like Empaths, as they would die before the Empath could even react =P

I play a lot of blasters. my dislike of empaths is not because I die a lot before they can react. but because most emps disappoint me. When player mastery/builds reach a certain maturity level, there are fewer benefits empaths bring to the table. The biggest skill for empaths is discerning who is most deserving of their buffs and most empath players fail at that.

Out of 100 empaths, maybe I get 5 that actually understands the value of clear mind and fortitude on well piloted squishies. More often than not I get the healer type that think CM/fort always needs to go on tanks/melee and their primary job is whack a mole on the HP bar. They don't have the skills nor the understanding of the game to either use buffs period, or use buffs on those most deserving. CM is the most important buff to squishies without mez protection and I challenge you to find any emps that understands that and proactively puts CM on other support ATs with debuff toggles/pbaoe auras or aggressive blasters that don't hang in the back.

For that matter I have a great deal of apathy for buff based support because so many people suck at it. It's too much to ask to even keep up a team wide shield you can re-apply every 4 minutes, let alone something like fort or CM.

Bring a debuff set, at least I know their selfish play will also benefit the team/myself in some capacity.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 2:29 AM, PhotriusPyrelus said:

I'm curious, what kind of defender to *non*-defenders (which is why I put this here instead of the Defender sub-forum) most-like to have on the team.

It would be nice to know what AT you play, too (e.g. Tankers may prefer Empaths for healing and Fortitude, but I doubt blasters would most-like Empaths, as they would die before the Empath could even react =P).

Not in any order:
Kin - everyone's having a good time, +rec +rech +dam

Elec Affin - everyones just that a little bit more efficient, +end +res +mez prot for those without, we're stopping less

Time - I know that even people who aren't up to the gills with sets are likely to be nearly at soft cap, there's some nice pseudo-controls, we can hit more (therefore higher difficulties possible)

Nature - we're not dying

Edited by Xiddo

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png