Mid's Reborn: A Hero Designer (formerly Mids/Pines) and whatnot

On 7/27/2019 at 7:00 AM, Dark Ignitros said:

The only thing I can see so far that needs to be fixed is the ability to slot Unrelenting Fury and Superior Unrelenting Fury in seperate powers on the same build. I cannot do this in game. In the builder I can 6 slot Unrelenting Fury in Ripper and still 6 slot Superior Unrelenting Fury in Blazing Aura but of course in game I have to choose between one set only.

Created an issue for this on your behalf

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

57 minutes ago, Psypunk said:

Click to install, says error reading target directory, no matter where I try to install it to.

Did that to me also after I created a new directory to locate the program in, I just went back and re-selected the newly created directory and it worked.  was annoying having to pick the install location twice but meh worked after the second attempt.

The smart-screen thing is windows trying to protect you from 'unknown' programs that have not been cryptographically 'signed' to indicate the author.  That's something which could be done, but it's a bit of a hassle and expense to get certificates and then use them to 'sign' the program.  Generally installing unsigned stuff is a bad idea (you've no idea who 'really' made the thing) as it could be malware pretending to be an update to a utility you use, etc.  In this case we're pretty sure of the programs origin, there's multiple folks here that have likely looked over the code (c# ugh, well at least it's not java 😉) and 'know' as best as anyone can that it's safe.    So if you get that screen, click on the more info link and there's a choice to go ahead and install anyway.   (IMHO answering the single exception when it happens like this for something you trust is much safer than turning that feature OFF entirely..   Disabling security features is the kind of thing that leads to people and cities getting their data held ransom.

The COH markets are a device for turning patience into influence.

1 minute ago, crytilis said:

Created an issue for this on your behalf

Hint:  (mostly for others creating issues)  If you provide a LINK to the issue you created the person can check on it to monitor progress, or (with a github account, free) can make additions to the issue to clarify what's going on, etc.  I went looking but see only one issue there newer than the one I created, and it's not about this.  

I do see one new issue, re the mastermind bot shield thing  https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer/issues/57  which was created a few minutes ago by SmalltaklJava

Oh wait,  found it!  it's already closed!  (impressive!)  https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer/issues/58   So you not only submitted the issue, you committed a fix and made a pull request for it, excellent!   wish my C# was not like around 20 years rusty at this point. 

Is not being able to edit the DB a known issue, or is there some trick to doing that?   Seemed like an easy way to self-fix #56 but I couldn't get edits to stick or make a difference

The COH markets are a device for turning patience into influence.

2 minutes ago, Chuck_vdL said:

Hint:  (mostly for others creating issues)  If you provide a LINK to the issue you created the person can check on it to monitor progress, or (with a github account, free) can make additions to the issue to clarify what's going on, etc.  I went looking but see only one issue there newer than the one I created, and it's not about this.  

I do see one new issue, re the mastermind bot shield thing  https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer/issues/57  which was created a few minutes ago by SmalltaklJava

Oh wait,  found it!  it's already closed!  (impressive!)  https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer/issues/58   So you not only submitted the issue, you committed a fix and made a pull request for it, excellent!   wish my C# was not like around 20 years rusty at this point. 

Is not being able to edit the DB a known issue, or is there some trick to doing that?   Seemed like an easy way to self-fix #56 but I couldn't get edits to stick or make a difference

Not really no, sometimes though there are multiple references to it so you must track those down and update them as well. Not by our choice obviously, just the way things were originally made.

Just wanted to make this official as it is becoming increasingly difficult to manage multiple facets of media. 

If you come across an issue or wish to suggest something please submit it at Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer Bug Reports and Requests

You can also join our discord by clicking the invite link below for discussion, etc.

Official Mids Reborn Discord Server

Anyone else using 2.6, It wont save your stuff?  Won't keep my option from Dynamic to Level selected.  Every time, I open it, I always get those 3 white pop-ups. Even when I say Ok, they still come back when I shut it down, re-open it.

14 minutes ago, Sechill71511 said:

How do i post a build from pines or mids. Trying to post a build please help

The header tab import / export highlight that should get options import from Forum post, short forum export, long forum export, export data link, and Export to Discord.

10 minutes ago, Voldine said:

The header tab import / export highlight that should get options import from Forum post, short forum export, long forum export, export data link, and Export to Discord.

I do that but it never come out right. What do i do after that when i go to forums do i just paste? Cause when i do it comes out wrong

1 minute ago, Sechill71511 said:

I do that but it never come out right. What do i do after that when i go to forums do i just paste? Cause when i do it comes out wrong

That may just be due to the recent forum changes. Make sure you use the 'official forums' option for exporting.

The new version 2.6.0.2 came out today, but there's a couple of issues with it.  I'd open up bug reports in Github, but Github won't allow me to create an account.  Its account creation captcha never shows, even after I disable all web browser extensions and even on different web browsers.  Anyhoo...

It still shows version 2.6.0.1 is the first issue.

Much more importantly, I changed a couple of options.  Under Options > Configuration > Effects & Maths, I selected "Use ArcanaTime for Animation," and Supress Attacks.  Under Discord Export Settings, I added a Discord Nickname, Discord Channel, and Discord Server.  Under Updates & Paths, I changed the default save folder.  I clicked on "OK," and then restarted Mids' Reborn.  Then I went back to Options > Configuration just to make sure everything changed.  Except now I'm getting an error every time I go to Options > Configuration.

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application.  If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.  If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Value cannot be null."

If I click "Continue," it still works, but most of the options are now blank and I can't change anything.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.ObjectCollection.IndexOf(Object value)
   at Hero_Designer.frmCalcOpt.<>c__DisplayClass213_0.<SetControls>b__0(String item) in D:\Projects\imaginary-hero-designer\src\Hero Designer\Forms\OptionsMenuItems\frmCalcOpt.cs:line 564
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<DistinctIterator>d__64`1.MoveNext()
   at Hero_Designer.frmCalcOpt.SetControls() in D:\Projects\imaginary-hero-designer\src\Hero Designer\Forms\OptionsMenuItems\frmCalcOpt.cs:line 564
   at Hero_Designer.frmCalcOpt.frmCalcOpt_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Projects\imaginary-hero-designer\src\Hero Designer\Forms\OptionsMenuItems\frmCalcOpt.cs:line 482
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Hero Designer
    Assembly Version: 2.6.0.1
    Win32 Version: 2.6.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Mid's%20Reborn/Hero%20Designer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3062.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Base
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Mid's%20Reborn/Base.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3429.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.2.23222
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Mid's%20Reborn/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3440.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
midsControls
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Mid's%20Reborn/midsControls.DLL
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.7.3062.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
AutoUpdater.NET
    Assembly Version: 1.5.4.0
    Win32 Version: 1.5.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Mid's%20Reborn/AutoUpdater.NET.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

For what it's worth, I used the regular non-installer .zip archive file, and am using Windows 8.1 Pro.

Edited by Apparition

50 minutes ago, Apparition said:

The new version 2.6.0.2 came out today, but there's a couple of issues with it.  I'd open up bug reports in Github, but Github won't allow me to create an account.  Its account creation captcha never shows, even after I disable all web browser extensions and even on different web browsers.  Anyhoo...

It still shows version 2.6.0.1 is the first issue.

Much more importantly, I changed a couple of options.  Under Options > Configuration > Effects & Maths, I selected "Use ArcanaTime for Animation," and Supress Attacks.  Under Discord Export Settings, I added a Discord Nickname, Discord Channel, and Discord Server.  Under Updates & Paths, I changed the default save folder.  I clicked on "OK," and then restarted Mids' Reborn.  Then I went back to Options > Configuration just to make sure everything changed.  Except now I'm getting an error every time I go to Options > Configuration.

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application.  If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.  If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Value cannot be null."

If I click "Continue," it still works, but most of the options are now blank and I can't change anything.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.ObjectCollection.IndexOf(Object value)
   at Hero_Designer.frmCalcOpt.<>c__DisplayClass213_0.<SetControls>b__0(String item) in D:\Projects\imaginary-hero-designer\src\Hero Designer\Forms\OptionsMenuItems\frmCalcOpt.cs:line 564
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<DistinctIterator>d__64`1.MoveNext()
   at Hero_Designer.frmCalcOpt.SetControls() in D:\Projects\imaginary-hero-designer\src\Hero Designer\Forms\OptionsMenuItems\frmCalcOpt.cs:line 564
   at Hero_Designer.frmCalcOpt.frmCalcOpt_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Projects\imaginary-hero-designer\src\Hero Designer\Forms\OptionsMenuItems\frmCalcOpt.cs:line 482
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
Hero Designer
    Assembly Version: 2.6.0.1
    Win32 Version: 2.6.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Mid's%20Reborn/Hero%20Designer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Base
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Mid's%20Reborn/Base.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3429.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.2.23222
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Mid's%20Reborn/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3440.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
midsControls
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Mid's%20Reborn/midsControls.DLL
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.7.3062.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
AutoUpdater.NET
    Assembly Version: 1.5.4.0
    Win32 Version: 1.5.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Mid's%20Reborn/AutoUpdater.NET.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

For what it's worth, I used the regular non-installer .zip archive file, and am using Windows 8.1 Pro.

This is a bug due to not selecting a server from the list. I'll be pushing out an update for it.

Note for later: ABSOLUTELY DO NOT use the installer to perform an update overwriting the existing one.

In addition to fail accessing to Elmish.dll (error: access denied to path Elmish.dll), it did delete the whole existing binaries directory. its own directory (mostly) - Including the subdirectory containing all my builds.

Thank you so much Recuva, where would I be without you...

Tried the autoupdater as well out of curiosity, after downloading the package it finds invalid data and fails.

And thanks a lot for fixing the huge slowdowns previous release had sometimes 😃

56 minutes ago, Zed said:

Note for later: ABSOLUTELY DO NOT use the installer to perform an update overwriting the existing one.

In addition to fail accessing to Elmish.dll (error: access denied to path Elmish.dll), it did delete the whole existing binaries directory. its own directory (mostly) - Including the subdirectory containing all my builds.

Tried the autoupdater as well out of curiosity, after downloading the package it finds invalid data and fails.

Which installer is this? Your builds were stored inside the binaries directory?

36 minutes ago, Zed said:

HeroDesigner_Installer_Rel_2.6.0.2_F2019.07.31.00.zip

Also... yes, it's been years like this and honestly i forgot why.
I guess i'll make a fresh backup just in case >.>

Just inspected the code, your builds should be getting moved to a temp folder not deleted. Which isn't incredibly helpful, except to say they are still on your system until windows cleans up the temp folder.

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2019 at 12:33 PM, Marshal_General said:

I found another bug. Create a SR tank and load the first 4 powers and put some slots into them. Save the build.

Clear the build out of the planner and then open it back up. The first 4 powers will be replaced with Radiation Emission powers.

It doesn't seem to happen with scrappers and brutes.

Bug confirmed, creating an issue for this so I can get it on my radar while I'm in the database tomorrow.

I can't get the new version (2.6.0.2) to work. It keeps telling me I need .NET v4.7.2 but that version doesn't work for me, I'm on Windows 7 64bit. Auto updating my current version (2.6.0.1) does nothing, so what do I have to do to get updated to the newer version?

Hello, my name is Ynaught and I am an altaholic.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 4:20 PM, Zed said:

Curious as to why your builds weren't being stored in your documents folder as that's the default method this app has always had?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

9 hours ago, Ynaught said:

I can't get the new version (2.6.0.2) to work. It keeps telling me I need .NET v4.7.2 but that version doesn't work for me, I'm on Windows 7 64bit. Auto updating my current version (2.6.0.1) does nothing, so what do I have to do to get updated to the newer version?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4054530/microsoft-net-framework-4-7-2-offline-installer-for-windows

14 hours ago, crytilis said:

I appreciate the help, but it that version of .NET is incompatible with my version of Windows, or so it keeps telling me any time I attempt to install it. I've gone thru the troubleshooting steps on the Microsoft site, making sure I have Service Pack 1 and all that, which I do, but no go. I guess I'll just need to upgrade to 10 sooner than I wanted to. But not today. Thanks again.

Hello, my name is Ynaught and I am an altaholic.

2 hours ago, Ynaught said:

I appreciate the help, but it that version of .NET is incompatible with my version of Windows, or so it keeps telling me any time I attempt to install it. I've gone thru the troubleshooting steps on the Microsoft site, making sure I have Service Pack 1 and all that, which I do, but no go. I guess I'll just need to upgrade to 10 sooner than I wanted to. But not today. Thanks again.

You can try this, I'm sure lots of other people will want this as well. It does appear to still work btw and completely legit. Enjoy!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.zdnet.com/google-amp/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

Slotting Superior Might of the Tanker proc into Tanker's Fiery Melee power Incinerate causes some very funky Resistance results in the View Totals when combined with turning on Reactive Radial Flawless Interface.  The problem it causes (incorrect resistances) varies by the defensive powerset, so I'm not even sure exactly what problem it's causing.  If I can narrow it down I'll add it to the issue tracker.  If anyone else can find a pattern that explains what it is doing, feel free to note it.