Mid's Reborn: A Hero Designer (formerly Mids/Pines) and whatnot

Hi there

Sorry to land like this in this thread, like a bomb on top of a minefield at page 12 but i just noticed it.

Just a word to say i keep working on keeping Mids' up-to-date - it works but it's not perfect. Enhancements sets is (rather) easy to add, Powersets as well (hum, forgot sentinel's beam rifle, hum), but i've hit severe limitations - like i had to put sentinel's ATO within the universal damage category, and i can't replicate the blockbuster set KB to KD effect for Sudden Acceleration.

Plus all the things in page 1 i'll have to propagate, oh dear.

At this point i'd rather start working on a new tool if you ask me...

Feel free to message me if you need extra info :P

We've got sentinel ATOs working already, sounds like you have an old version.

On 7/20/2019 at 11:21 PM, Maslow said:

The designer seems to be working fine, except that it is slow as molasses and constantly locks up.  Any suggestions?

were you using a previous version that wasn't slow?

No.  This is a new computer, only a few months old.  I downloaded from the link, ran the setup, and like I said, it seems to work.  I also checked to make sure I have .Net Framework installed.  It runs really slow, and locks up so often it is unusable.  I suspect a NF problem, because when I close the designer it gives me an NF dialogue box.  But the box doesn't have any text, and disappears before giving me any.

ETA- I realized I had forgotten to include one bit of information.  I run a two monitor setup.  I would have HD on one monitor, and my notes on slotting, etc. on the other.  HD would run fairly normally, if a bit slow, until I accessed the second monitor.  Then it would turn to stone.

After originally posting this, I saw that you put an update up.  I downloaded it, and decided to install it on a thumb drive as a test.  It is running fine, and I am not having the two monitor issue, at least so far.  I will let you know if it comes back after I install it on my hard drive.

ETA 2- I installed it on my hard drive, and it is running great.  I have no idea what changed from what I was using before, but whatever it was worked.  I am getting the first time popups sometimes, but that's minor compared to before.  Thanks!

Edited by Remidi

Confirming the bug mentioned before and adding that when opening files I'd get something about it not liking the "Pool.Fitness at 6" (when I choose hasten). I've also noticed a difference in the files in the folder are different. See attached

Ok...no way to resize attachments?

Yes the new alert is there when a powerset fails to load. This is expected with the old style Fitness pool that was being, (and may still be) added on save. This is the non-inherit fitness pool that doesn't exist any more. Rather than let the build fail to load, or fail silently to do something, I thought it best to alert the name of something that failed in case it ever is important.

And resaving the build after getting this error clears it for next time

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Released 2.6.0.1 (with a drop for possible mac compatibility). Hopefully all settings are saving now.

https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer/releases/tag/2.6.0.1

When I go to the URL you've listed and click on HeroDesigner_Installer_2.6.0.1_2019.07.21.00.zip

I get an Oops 500 error "Looks like something went wrong"

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Something I'd clarification on, does it auto-update every time it's started up?  Or do I need to keep downloading updates off of the first post?

Edit: is there a list of what's been updated? My primary concern is that Offensive Adaptation in Bio Armor doesn't seem to do anything in mids except apply the -7.5 resistance, at least as far as I can tell.  Another one that springs to mind is the Sentinel Beam Rifle's unique targeted AOE ability (Refractor something-or-other) will only take ranged ST sets.  It may or may not also have incorrect description text, cause I think it has the description text for the Snipe ability it replaces from the other ATs sets.

So I need to go resave Every build?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

So I need to go resave Every build?

It's not like you are going to lose data if you don't.  Just as you open existing builds hit save when you exit it.  You don't need to do them all at once...

Just installed version 2.6.0.1 and found the following issues:

Under configuration settings, the "Updates and Paths" section ALWAYS reverts to defaults, no matter how many times I tick the "check for updates on startup", set the new folder path and untick the "Load last file at startup", next time I open it, it's reverted to default.

I also noticed something about "Spiritual" and "Agility" Alpha powers. WHatever their rchg buff is, it never appears on totals although the recharge is applied directly to powers, except Phantom Army. Got a troller with 63.94 secs recharge on Phantom Army before Spiritual but said recharge is exactly same with Spiritual and Agility, all other powers recharge is reduced except this one. If I put "Ageless", the recharge of PA is reduced to 53.87 seconds and the Total Rchg Bonus goes from 172.5% to 242.5% but that does not change either with either Spiritual or Agility.

There is a bug with the Tanker ATO +res. when you activate the power to see how much res it gets it lowers your defense roughly 2.5%.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

So I'm using version 2.6, and it won't save my options. Like if I toggle off the "use alternate colors for villains", for instance, and then close the app, it *seems* to stick, where if I open the application again by double clicking a villain build file, it shows up displaying blue, but then if I clear the build with the File->New / Clear option, and pick a villain AT, it goes back to red again, and if I open the options, that setting will be toggled back on again instead of still being off.

It also keeps showing me all the tutorial dialogues that it's already shown me, whenever I open it again.

On 7/22/2019 at 6:19 PM, Marshal_General said:

Certain Interface Incarnate abilities that add a debuff, debuff your stats in the program if turned on. I know the -def and -res ones lower your stats.

Which version are you using? Also if you can give specific names so I can replicate that would be great as I do not see this effect happening. 

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

On 7/23/2019 at 6:47 PM, Profit said:

There is a bug with the Tanker ATO +res. when you activate the power to see how much res it gets it lowers your defense roughly 2.5%.

I will look into this, thanks for the report.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:18 AM, Seroster01 said:

Something I'd clarification on, does it auto-update every time it's started up?  Or do I need to keep downloading updates off of the first post?

Edit: is there a list of what's been updated? My primary concern is that Offensive Adaptation in Bio Armor doesn't seem to do anything in mids except apply the -7.5 resistance, at least as far as I can tell.  Another one that springs to mind is the Sentinel Beam Rifle's unique targeted AOE ability (Refractor something-or-other) will only take ranged ST sets.  It may or may not also have incorrect description text, cause I think it has the description text for the Snipe ability it replaces from the other ATs sets.

What version are you using? 

6 hours ago, crytilis said:

Which version are you using? Also if you can give specific names so I can replicate that would be great as I do not see this effect happening. 

I am using 2.6.01 and the ones that I have noticed doing it is the Paralytic and Reactive interface abilities.

Also Radiation Therapy under radiation armor for tankers tends to lower your regen if you turn it on.

6 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

I am using 2.6.01 and the ones that I have noticed doing it is the Paralytic and Reactive interface abilities.

Also Radiation Therapy under radiation armor for tankers tends to lower your regen if you turn it on.

Tanker Radiation Therapy should be fixed in 2.6.0.2
I looked into the Paralytic and Reactive interface abilities and was not able to replicate the issue. Do you have a build we can look at that is having this issue?

Edited by crytilis

15 hours ago, crytilis said:

What version are you using? 

Honestly that's part of my confusion.  People keep talking about 2.6 & I must be real out of the loop somehow.  The main window says it's 2.23.  I DL'd it off the front page a few days ago, and just DL'd it again to double check, still 2.23.  How do people get ahold of the 2.6?

7 minutes ago, Seroster01 said:

Honestly that's part of my confusion.  People keep talking about 2.6 & I must be real out of the loop somehow.  The main window says it's 2.23.  I DL'd it off the front page a few days ago, and just DL'd it again to double check, still 2.23.  How do people get ahold of the 2.6?

You will always find the latest release here.

36 minutes ago, Apparition said:

You will always find the latest release here.

OK, TYVM.  The current version seems to have fixed the Refractor Beam issue, but Bio Armor is still funky (or more specifically the Adaptations are) for both Scrappers & Sentinels.  Bear in mind that I haven't checked any of the #s for accuracy, I'm just toggling things on & off to see if they have any effect on the "View Totals" window.  

For Scrappers, toggling on Def. Adaptation doesn't seem to do anything except apply the self -damage.  Efficient Adaptation seems to affect the things it's supposed to, so it seems OK.  Offensive Adaptation seems to've been partially resolved, as it now shows +damage & +To-hit modifiers, but it doesn't add the bonus toxic damage into the damage calculations.  

Sentinel's version doesn't seem to have been changed, as it has the issue with Off. Adaptation that I originally posted about (has no shown effect except the self -res), Def. Adaptation seems to only apply the self -dam, and Eff. Adaptation doesn't seem to do ANYTHING.

This might all be low priority, but a large part of my original questions had to do with trying to find the right version, and if nothing else y'all have pointed me in the right direction for that.  Thanks!

Edited by Seroster01
Clarification

On 7/23/2019 at 4:23 AM, Nightmarer said:

Just installed version 2.6.0.1 and found the following issues:

Under configuration settings, the "Updates and Paths" section ALWAYS reverts to defaults, no matter how many times I tick the "check for updates on startup", set the new folder path and untick the "Load last file at startup", next time I open it, it's reverted to default.

I also noticed something about "Spiritual" and "Agility" Alpha powers. WHatever their rchg buff is, it never appears on totals although the recharge is applied directly to powers, except Phantom Army. Got a troller with 63.94 secs recharge on Phantom Army before Spiritual but said recharge is exactly same with Spiritual and Agility, all other powers recharge is reduced except this one. If I put "Ageless", the recharge of PA is reduced to 53.87 seconds and the Total Rchg Bonus goes from 172.5% to 242.5% but that does not change either with either Spiritual or Agility.

PA should be fixed in 2.6.0.2

8 hours ago, Seroster01 said:

OK, TYVM.  The current version seems to have fixed the Refractor Beam issue, but Bio Armor is still funky (or more specifically the Adaptations are) for both Scrappers & Sentinels.  Bear in mind that I haven't checked any of the #s for accuracy, I'm just toggling things on & off to see if they have any effect on the "View Totals" window.  

For Scrappers, toggling on Def. Adaptation doesn't seem to do anything except apply the self -damage.  Efficient Adaptation seems to affect the things it's supposed to, so it seems OK.  Offensive Adaptation seems to've been partially resolved, as it now shows +damage & +To-hit modifiers, but it doesn't add the bonus toxic damage into the damage calculations.  

Sentinel's version doesn't seem to have been changed, as it has the issue with Off. Adaptation that I originally posted about (has no shown effect except the self -res), Def. Adaptation seems to only apply the self -dam, and Eff. Adaptation doesn't seem to do ANYTHING.

This might all be low priority, but a large part of my original questions had to do with trying to find the right version, and if nothing else y'all have pointed me in the right direction for that.  Thanks!

Adaptation is something that we are aware of. We do plan on addressing it at some point, but please be aware that it will most likely take some major changes in the code which wiill require time..... as Adaptation's form abilities mostly revolve around changing effects of other abilities depending on what power and if it is active or used.

Edited by crytilis