how tall is Miss Liberty?

Just take a picture of her with you standing next to her for reference, if you can even see her amongst her groupies that crowd her, then run to Icon and talk to the person at the back to adjust your height. As long as you are below level 10, it will be free.

Then you can run back and see where you stand next to her.

The trainer in Atlas is Ms Liberty, not Miss Liberty. Two different characters ;)

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Miss_Liberty

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Ms._Liberty

If you mean Ms Liberty, she is 174cm tall

https://cityunlimited.obsidianportal.com/characters/ms-liberty

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

Way, way back in the Stone Armor Age when the game launched people were complaining that they wanted to make taller characters.  In typical Cryptic fashion, they responded by changing the scale on the costume UI to max out at 8 feet instead of 7 and changed nothing else.  In other words Ms. Liberty isn't that tall, you've been lied to.

Ms. Liberty is Miss Liberty's daughter. Miss Liberty is the daughter of Marcus Cole AKA Statesman.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

I know the lore (Miss Liberty is also Lord Recluses's sister)

THAT I did not know... I must have missed that part of the lore somehow...

Miss Liberty is Lord Recluse's niece; Maiden Justice was Lord Recluse's sister.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

Way, way back in the Stone Armor Age when the game launched people were complaining that they wanted to make taller characters.  In typical Cryptic fashion, they responded by changing the scale on the costume UI to max out at 8 feet instead of 7 and changed nothing else.  In other words Ms. Liberty isn't that tall, you've been lied to.

Thank you.  That explains why all my 6’ tall characters feel a bit short.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Haha mixed my Ms and Miss again.

My brain can't seem to get the hand of which is which. Again a language thing that is probably obvious to you native speakers.

Not... particularly. Even my English nerd self doesn't really get it. AFAIK Ms. is just the abbreviation for Miss.  If you didn't write them out & instead just said it outloud, there'd be no difference.

This might fly as just some copyright shenanigans, and obviously it works for CoX because there's no voice overs for dialogue, but in everyday conversations it'd be incredibly confusing.

My brain can't seem to get the hand of which is which. Again a language thing that is probably obvious to you native speakers.

Not... particularly. Even my English nerd self doesn't really get it. AFAIK Ms. is just the abbreviation for Miss.  If you didn't write them out & instead just said it outloud, there'd be no difference.

This might fly as just some copyright shenanigans, and obviously it works for CoX because there's no voice overs for dialogue, but in everyday conversations it'd be incredibly confusing.

You can't copyright a name, but you can trademark it.  And there is no similar trademark for Miss Liberty (I just checked...).  I think it was just the creative juices of Cryptic.  Maiden Justice was a hero in the 30's? and later became Statesman's wife.  Their daughter became a hero, Miss Liberty.  She married and their  daughter took both parent's last names (Cole-Duncan).  She later became Ms. Liberty.

As for Ms., IIRC, everyone back in the long day ago (17th/18th century??) was either a Mister or Mistress.  This only constituted gender not marital status...At some point (after 17th/18th century??) women were going by Miss or Mrs. to denote marital status.  In the last century, due to the rise of divorce and changes in cultural mores about the "evils" of divorce...many women chose to take up Ms. to say - "It doesn't matter whether I am married or not"

Probably not a wikipedia level definition...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Who knew my original post would lead to such an erudite discussion ;)

Better than devolving into what many of them do...What can I say, you start a good post...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I know the lore (Miss Liberty is also Lord Recluses's sister)

THAT I did not know... I must have missed that part of the lore somehow...

Miss Liberty is Lord Recluse's niece; Maiden Justice was Lord Recluse's sister.

Wait... so all of CoX is just a setting for another episode of Family Feud?

You can't copyright a name, but you can trademark it.  And there is no similar trademark for Miss Liberty (I just checked...).  I think it was just the creative juices of Cryptic.  Maiden Justice was a hero in the 30's? and later became Statesman's wife.  Their daughter became a hero, Miss Liberty.  She married and their  daughter took both parent's last names (Cole-Duncan).  She later became Ms. Liberty.

As for Ms., IIRC, everyone back in the long day ago (17th/18th century??) was either a Mister or Mistress.  This only constituted gender not marital status...At some point (after 17th/18th century??) women were going by Miss or Mrs. to denote marital status.  In the last century, due to the rise of divorce and changes in cultural mores about the "evils" of divorce...many women chose to take up Ms. to say - "It doesn't matter whether I am married or not"

Probably not a wikipedia level definition...

My point was more that in every day spoken conversations there would be 0 difference between Ms. Liberty & Miss Liberty. As such there's very little reason to "spell" them differently instead of just having  "Miss Liberty" be an inherited name, except that it works as a useful differentiation in a text-only game like CoH.

My point was more that in every day spoken conversations there would be 0 difference between Ms. Liberty & Miss Liberty. As such there's very little reason to "spell" them differently instead of just having  "Miss Liberty" be an inherited name, except that it works as a useful differentiation in a text-only game like CoH.

I guess I see a difference in the sense that some women are very particular about how the are addressed.  Would there be a difference for you if one was Miss Liberty and Mrs. Liberty?

I’m not arguing just curious about your viewpoint

I guess I see a difference in the sense that some women are very particular about how the are addressed.  Would there be a difference for you if one was Miss Liberty and Mrs. Liberty?

I’m not arguing just curious about your viewpoint

I may be kinda old, so not in touch with current trands and modes of correct speech, but when I was growing up ( 70s/80s) Mrs is pronounced Missus, Miss is pronounced as it is spelled, and Ms is pronounced Mizz to differentiate it from Miss.

Yes, it originated with the late 60 and 70s "Women's Lib" movement and intended as the feminine equivalent of Mr, which doesn't denote mariage status. Many women found it sexist that women were judged base on marital status while men weren't.

Echosam, That’s how I recollect as well.  My wife’s a teacher and women’s titles are rather important there.