Grav/Time Chronicles

Mercurias

After reading This thread by Redlynn on Gravity/Time Controllers, I decided to go give it a try.

I stayed up until 5am without realizing, because I was having that much fun with it.

Since coming back to the game, I’ve leveled both en Elec/Kin and a Fire/Dark controller into the late 30s, early 40s. Both of those are a lot of fun, to be sure, but for some reason Gravity/Time feels like something different from a controller altogether (probably the attacks). Q-Shift May end up being the elusive main character I’ve been trying to decide on since I got back into the game.

Levels 1-8 played a lot like a Dominator. You have Lift, you have Gravity Distortion, and you have Time Crawl. I picked up Temporal Mending around level 4 to help with my survival, and then Propel happened. Propel has a long animation, low damage/accuracy for it, and I end up using it constantly anyway because it’s also an AoE knockdown/back now. After getting Crushing Field at level 8, I was officially into this weird, mutant Blast/Control/Support playstyle.

Levels 9-18 saw a big jump in general use and control. I picked up Times Juncture for more PBAoE soft control (when I had the endurance for it. Gravity is a thirsty set, and Times Juncture uses a lot of End for a toggle) at level 10. Level 12 was Flight, which I wanted for flying, because flying is cool. My level 14 pick was Hover, because I wanted to float in the air while blasting people with garbage. Level 16 was Distortion Field, a lovely soft control patch. Level 18 was the obligatory AoE Hold, Gravity Distortion Field. I was now all about setting groups up for a big fall with my control powers before slinging them against walls and ceilings with Lift and Propel.

Levels 19-26 have so far been about shoring up weaknesses. I got Time Stop at 20 to let me open combat by holding bosses. I picked up Hasten at 24 because I love Hasten. Wormhole was insta-grabbed at 26 for both more AoE control as well as teleporting enemies back to where you can hurt them when they get knocked partially inside of walls.

This is seriously a lot of fun, y’all. 

2 hours ago, Mercurias said:

After reading This thread by Redlynne on Gravity/Time Controllers, I decided to go give it a try.

Yet more proof (as if needed any more) that I'M A BAD INFLUENCE™ ON YOU PEOPLE ... seriously.

I try to warn people before they go gallivanting off to try out my builds ... and this is what happens to them.

2 hours ago, Mercurias said:

I stayed up until 5am without realizing, because I was having that much fun with it.

Reminds me of something that happened to me back at A-Kon 5 (yes ... FIVE ... my first A-Kon was 2).

So there was a LAN party set up in one of the rooms with 3 computers all networked together so as to multiplayer DOOM ... which had only come out that year(!).  Well, I'd played DOOM a goodly bit, so I knew all the maps and where all the weapons and ammo spawned ... which meant I knew all the camping spots and knew that when I heard a sound "there" it meant "that" was being done by another player, so I had way more situational awareness of what was going on than I had any right to be.  The deathmatches quickly devolved into my kill score always being higher than BOTH of the other players combined ... but we were having fun and just playing (and playing and playing).

My internal body clock was trying to tell me it might be like 100a or 200a in the morning, and I really ought to go to sleep sometime, but there was simply too much fun being had to stop.  And then from behind me, someone (I don't know who) uttered aloud the words that became symbolic of my entire con experience that year.

"My God ... is that the Sun?"

Sure enough, we'd lost all track of time while enjoying playing DOOM all night long and it was now sunrise.  We'd started playing at like 1000p or something.

That was the A-Kon where I wound up staying awake for 58 hours straight without intending to do that ... it's just the way the weekend wound up working out.

3 hours ago, Mercurias said:

This is seriously a lot of fun, y’all.

That seems to be a common refrain among the people who have tried the combination.  Management is not responsible for excessive overdosing on endorphins and/or loss of time sense while playing any of the builds that I have posted.  Use at own risk, because Your Mileage May Vary.

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln ... how was the play?

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

2 hours ago, Avilister said:

I set the build up on Justin to try it out. Ran a few missions - fun as hell. Made it on one of the active servers, eager to get it leveled up.

I blame ... uh ... ME ... entirely ...?

IifneyR.gif

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Gravity Control
Secondary Power Set: Traps
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Crush

• (A) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (3) Decimation - Damage/Endurance
  • (3) Decimation - Damage/Recharge
  • (9) Decimation - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (9) Decimation - Chance of Build Up

Level 1: Web Grenade

• (A) Accuracy IO

Level 2: Gravity Distortion

• (A) HamiO:Peroxisome Exposure
  • (11) HamiO:Peroxisome Exposure
  • (11) Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold
  • (13) Lockdown - Accuracy/Hold
  • (13) Devastation - Chance of Hold
  • (15) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage

Level 4: Hover

• (A) Freebird - +Stealth
  • (15) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed

Level 6: Propel

• (A) Apocalypse - Damage
  • (17) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
  • (17) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (19) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (19) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (40) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 8: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (21) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 10: Acid Mortar

• (A) Shield Breaker - Defense Debuff
  • (21) Shield Breaker - Accuracy/Defense Debuff
  • (23) Shield Breaker - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (23) Shield Breaker - Defense Debuff/Endurance/Recharge

Level 12: Crushing Field

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage
  • (43) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (45) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (46) Ragnarok - Chance for Knockdown
  • (48) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 14: Fly

• (A) Flight Speed IO

Level 16: Force Field Generator

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed
  • (25) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (25) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field

• (A) Unbreakable Constraint - Hold
  • (27) Unbreakable Constraint - Hold/Recharge
  • (27) Unbreakable Constraint - Accuracy/Hold/Recharge
  • (29) Unbreakable Constraint - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (39) Unbreakable Constraint - Endurance/Hold

Level 20: Poison Trap

• (A) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Hold
  • (29) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (31) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (31) Basilisk's Gaze - Recharge/Hold
  • (37) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (39) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 22: Boxing

• (A) Accuracy IO

Level 24: Tough

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (37) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (40) Steadfast Protection - Knockback Protection

Level 26: Wormhole

• (A) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized
  • (31) Superior Will of the Controller - Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized/Recharge
  • (33) Superior Will of the Controller - Endurance/Recharge
  • (33) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized/Endurance
  • (33) Superior Will of the Controller - Recharge/Chance for Psionic Damage

Level 28: Seeker Drones

• (A) Absolute Amazement - Stun
  • (34) Absolute Amazement - Stun/Recharge
  • (34) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge
  • (34) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (37) Absolute Amazement - Chance for ToHit Debuff

Level 30: Weave

• (48) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (48) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 32: Singularity

• (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage
  • (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Expedient Reinforcement - Resist Bonus Aura for Pets
  • (40) HamiO:Endoplasm Exposure

Level 35: Scorpion Shield

• (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 38: Trip Mine

• (A) Armageddon - Damage
  • (45) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge
  • (45) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (46) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (46) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage

Level 41: Lift

• (A) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (42) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (42) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime

Level 44: Super Speed

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 47: Maneuvers

• (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 49: Dimension Shift

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Containment 

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

So I read the tread from redlynn. Couple questions for someone new to controller.

Can you explain solo vs group playstyle. With grav you have AOE immobilize, AOE hold, AOE intangible. Time you get AOE soft hold. 

How do you play this toon. Lock everything down first? do you use all 3 each group or mix match as needed? 

And once groups are locked down, you have lift and propel. What other attacks do you have to do dammage? Is this build good and viable solo? Or mainly for group support? 

Thanks

The single-target hold also does damage (though less than lift and about half of what propel does, at base values). Of note, the intangible power is a hard skip for most people. It may have a place in soloing builds if you just need to thin a crowd out to deal with it piecemeal, but if you're teaming up, it'll only piss people off.

My grav/time is now in the mid-20s. I recently ran him through the Synapse TF and here's about how most encounters went. Aside from keeping your pbaoe debuff up, I typically dropped Time Crawl on bosses or others that might last long enough for it to matter, Distortion Field if it is off cooldown and once everything is grouped up, Crushing Field to lock them in place. Gravity Distortion Field is, at low levels, on a pretty long cooldown and needs Accuracy IOs to reliably hit anything. I saved it for very large packs that were threatening to drop our tank (in this case, a scrapper, our only melee). Otherwise I'd whittle away at the pack with everyone else using lift/propel/grav distortion. Of note, Propel's knockback actually has a small aoe (though the damage doesn't seem to), so its also useful for soft control in keeping small groups on their backs. Of note, changes in... i24 or i25? (I dunno one of them...) made it so that immobilizes will convert knockbacks to knockdowns for you, so once you've got them trapped with Crushing Field, you can propel at will to keep them tumbling without worrying about scattering them everywhere (unless Crushing Field wears off right before the power activates, which happened to me once or twice, because I wasn't renewing it frequently enough).

As for team v solo - its probably better solo at low levels than a lot of other controller builds (except maybe Mind), because it actually has several direct attacks. That said, I am not in the habit of soloing with controllers if I can avoid it in general (its an MM O after all) and particularly not before they get their pet.

On 8/12/2019 at 2:57 PM, graeberguinn said:

So I read the tread from redlynn. Couple questions for someone new to controller.

Can you explain solo vs group playstyle. With grav you have AOE immobilize, AOE hold, AOE intangible. Time you get AOE soft hold. 

How do you play this toon. Lock everything down first? do you use all 3 each group or mix match as needed? 

And once groups are locked down, you have lift and propel. What other attacks do you have to do dammage? Is this build good and viable solo? Or mainly for group support? 

Thanks

I can't, won't and cannot speak for Redlynn but my own anecdotal experience with Grav/Traps has been to open with Wormhole(tm)  first. The reason being, it doesn't cause any aggro! Which is great because Wormhole(tm) has a rather long and unsettling animation time that used to get you Alpha'd by mobs before it would affect mobs. So, typically, I'll open with that and either aim to hold down mobs that were missed with Wormhole(tm) by using Gravity Distortion or hit a Boss-Level mob with either Crush or Lift (assuming no KU protection) to keep them from getting within melee range. 

If I'm feeling cheeky, I'll first set up a Trip Mine and Caltrops patch to Wormhole(tm) my enemies into but it appears as if this won't be an option for you given that your secondary is /Time? 

On the Grav front, I like to use Crushing Field after Wormhole'ing the mobs to keep them tightly grouped. YMMV. 

The AoE Intangible, Dimension Shift by name, is visually stunning and situationally useful. I picked it up at 49 and just slotted it with a single recharge IO. It's nearly perma right out of the box so I think that's all you really need for it. It's a great tool for handling accidental aggro or as a stopgap control measure when your other tools are on cooldown and/or unavailable. It's also useful on the BAF if you're into Incarnate Stuff. 

It's been my experience that Grav is a wonderful Solo-Controller both in the early, mid and end game. With some decent recharge from IO Sets you can easily make it's single target ranged attack chain seamless. Crush (set up that containment & IMPACT! damage) > Lift > Propel + GD. The soft control of KB, KU and immobilize make juggling mobs a fun and effective set. 

On larger teams, I think my set pairing of Grav/Traps is a little too slow. Mobs are usually melted away before I can get through the animations of Wormhole > PGT > AM. On the plus side, people seem to enjoy the +Def FFG provides. 

I’m now rocking around at level 43 on my Gravestone/Time.

Levels 27-31: After having tried to level a Gravity controller on Live and giving up, I was a bit wary of making regular use of Wormhole as a. Ore than situational stun. Ditto teaming. A lot of my time had been solo before I decided in my character’s late 20s to try a mission team.

Turns out I was just fine.

Distortion Field from Time Manipulation pairs extremely well with a group of immobilized enemies and Wormhole. It became a go-to method for locking down opponents and then blasting them apart. My level 28 power, Farsighted, is basically a purple/yellow inspiration for the party, boosting both Defense and Accuracy/ToHit. Finally I could get angry at the team for rushing ahead when I was trying to buff them. I hadn’t felt that since asking people to gather for RA on myself old Empathy Defender on Live.

Team play is always a little different. Sometimes I actually had to use my Heal, for one. For another, I mostly used my attacks to juggle bosses rather than try to push damage. I killed plenty of things, and by locking enemies down I was making the team happy overall, but when I have two attacks and the team’s Blaster has ONLY attacks, it’s kinda rude to try and steal the blaster’s job when there are other things I could be doing to help everybody.

Level 30 was a free level. I ended up grabbing Afterburner and making whooshing noises while flying faster. No complaints, but nothing gamechanging. Overall, I felt like my character was fleshed out, complete. Kinda like I was already 50.

Levels 32-40: Oh man my entire game before 32 was an empty shell. Ignore what I said before. Singularity is amazing and hands down one of the best pets in the game. I named mine Wubba, and it basically acts like a second me. It holds, attacks, and enemies can’t touch it in melee. For me, it’s because of Times Juncture. For Wubba it’s because she’ll scream like a security alarm and hurl them across the room. Momma Singularity raised a girl who takes care of her own self.

Wubba can largely be left alone to do her thing, and a lot of the time that’s what I did. There are all sorts of tactics I wish I could maneuver her around Mastermind style to perform, and it makes me sad I don’t haven that level of fine control. Wubba isn’t prone to using her repel offensively. She’d rather float behind my shoulder and help me try to master the art of minion-juggling via Lift. She adds a pretty nice bit of damage, and I love her. MercuriasxWubba. Save the date.

At level 35 I acquired Slow Response, a mighty AoE debuff that makes Propel propel enemies that much more painfully towards their doom. Popping a boss with Time Crawl and Slow Response makes them melt much faster than normal. It takes a lot of the danger away. Did I say I felt complete at 30? Because that was dumb. 

Chrono Shift came in at 38 and reminded me, again, that I was a fool for thinking I’d gotten all the gems in Gravity/Time. One of the strongest buffs in CoH, it increases your Recharge and Recovery while also providing additional healing over time. Use Temporal Mending first to make the power heal for even more. Ditto for the person you picked for Temporal Selection because they’re in your SG. 

39 and 40 were slots, and I was glad for it due to three awesome powers in a row I needed to fill out. In ten levels I went from feeling like my damage role had tapered off and my support role was becoming secondary to control to raising my damage by around 40% via my pet and having fantastic buffs to give out. At this point, there was never a time where I felt like I was underperforming in teams. Even when on a steamroller party where my damage and control don’t get well-utilized, I’m giving people Chrono Shift, Farsighted, and Temporal Selection. That’s a major contribution on its own. Solo at 40+ is when I felt comfy cranking up the difficulty.

Levels 41-43: Mistakes were made. I chose Primal Forces as my Epic pool, and I chose Power Blast. 

Primal Forces wasn’t a bad pick in and of itself, but frankly it wasn’t the best one. Power Boost will be a fun toy to play with alongside Farsight and Chrono Shift, and especially if I want to use Lift to Yeet a minion to the top of a skyscraper. Power Blast, though? I could have done better. Conserve Energy would have been a better choice for the lingering endurance management issues I feel when going full hog while Chrono Shift and Hasten have my powers recharging crazy fast. Lift and Propel by themselves are basically a chain. It doesn’t fit well, and I regret both choices. I’m going to tinker with a Primal Forces Build a little later, but I feel it would be wiser to first try and get Mace Mastery for added defense. 

That being said, since I have Power Blast, I’m using it to gleefully hurt enemies. It isn’t necessarily a bad attack, but it doesn’t hit as hard as Lift or Propel. I’m primarily using it to zap things during the scant moments when my main attacks are both recharging.

So...Yeah. Still super fun. I’m having a good time here.

So when I remade Maldroth from live he was Gravity/Force Field Controller but after a number of adjustments Force Fields just wasn't as good as a Controller secondary anymore so I gave Time Manipulation a whirl. What an amazing set. Here are my experiences with the combo.

For Gravity:

I might be the odd man out but I don't use Crush or Crushing Field. They are fine powers but I find I just don't need them when I'm at full speed. My attack chain is Gravity Distortion > Lift > Propel. Then Lift > Gravity Distortion > Propel since Lift recharges faster. Lift and Propel have full damage sets in them to make sure they are boosted 100% and get their recharge and end costs down. Gravity Distortion I have 3 Dam/Mez HOs in it to get max duration and damage. I needed the remaining slots elsewhere.

I don't use Dimension Shift. Too situational to be worth a power slot. I could see why people would use it but I have so many other better control powers up I'd rather use and not negatively impact my team. I would not be sad to see this power and all the Intangibles replaced.

Singularity I could sing the praises of for days. Slotted with 3 Dam/Mez HOs as well so help it stack up holds on AVs and boost it's damage. I don't need to give it accuracy thanks to Forsight and Temporal Selection boosts its damage and recharge faster. I've heard that doesn't happen for Mastermind minions but I can see Singularity cycle its powers faster. I might have to do some science on this to confirm.

Wormhole is great and I have Absolute Amazement in it now. I use it for many reasons but that stun is often used.

For Time Manipulation:

I grabbed every power. They are all amazing. Distortion Field has the PVP hold set in it to do a little bit of damage and extend the holds when they either do hit or if I throw the slow on the mob to force a hold. Again good for stacking Hold Mag. Time Stop I use with Gravity Distortion to get bosses on lockdown right away or two annoying targets ASAP. Superior Will of the Controller in there and that adds some damage for that. Slowed Response right now only has two slots one with an Acc/-Def set enhancement and the proc that adds -20% Resist in there. When that is fired I watch bosses and AVs melt.

For other power picks:

Primal Forces Mastery - I got Temporary Invulnerability, Conserve Energy, and Power Boost. Power Boost is a must have as it doubles Forsight. Conserve Energy doesn't get as much use now that my Enhancement Sets are fully slotted out but there are times if I'm attacking every second I can actually drain my End bar even still so that can help top me off between Chrono Shift Recovery buffs.

Sorcery - I'm experimenting with some of the powers here and leveling up I had Arcane Bolt but eventually dropped it once I got all my enhancements as my attack chain is too fast to use it now. Mystic Flight is great and is always on. Never feel like I need Hover. Rune of Protection is my get out of Mez power. You can fire this when you are put under an effect. Plus you get all the high resistances from it too. Suddenly get too much aggro or know you are going to take and alpha strike? Pop the rune and it will be back up in 150ish seconds. Sadly can't make it permanent but I don't need it. I'm using Enflame now but I don't know it kinda doesn't feel like it does either enough damage or the AoE is too small. Right now it is housing another set and I might swap that out. I think I might have to have it to keep Rune of Protection. Spiritual Ward. This I use to give a small boost heal or absorb for team mates that suddenly need it but this is really there to get access to Rune of Protection.

So question I have for other Grav/Timers, how do you slot your Chrono Shift? I'm thinking of adjusting my build around again to see if I can make room for a few more procs or something else.

37 minutes ago, Maldroth said:

So question I have for other Grav/Timers, how do you slot your Chrono Shift? I'm thinking of adjusting my build around again to see if I can make room for a few more procs or something else

Semi frankenslot. I try to blend in endmod, heal, and recharge.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I'm going to share something here that no one's seen yet. I haven't tested it yet, it's third on my list behind Earth/Dark/Stone.

Grav/Time/Primal "Proc Monster"

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Level 50 Natural Controller
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Ancillary Pool: Primal Forces Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dmg(31), Apc-Dam%(34), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(37), GldJvl-Dam%(37)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(3), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(3), Prv-Heal/Rchg(5), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(5), Prv-Absorb%(7)
Level 4: Gravity Distortion -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), GldJvl-Dam%(7), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(13), GldNet-Dam%(15), UnbCns-Dam%(15), ImpSwf-Dam%(21)
Level 6: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(37), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(40), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40)
Level 8: Propel -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(9), GldJvl-Dam%(11), ExpStr-Dam%(11), FrcFdb-Rechg%(13)
Level 10: Temporal Selection -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A)
Level 12: Crushing Field -- SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Knock%(46), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(46), PstBls-Dam%(48), TraoftheH-Dam%(48), ImpSwf-Dam%(48)
Level 14: Dimension Shift -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(40), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(42), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(42)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- SprEnt-End/Rchg(A), NrnSht-Dam%(17), GldNet-Dam%(17), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(19), ImpSwf-Dam%(19), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(21)
Level 18: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43), LucoftheG-Def(43)
Level 20: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-End/Res(23), GldArm-3defTpProc(23)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 26: Wormhole -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 28: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(33), SlbAll-Build%(34), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(34)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(36), ShlBrk-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(39), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(39), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Temp Invulnerability -- HO:Ribo(A), HO:Ribo(45), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45)
Level 47: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(27), Mrc-Rcvry+(46)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(50)
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1491;713;1426;HEX;|
		|78DA65944B4C13511486EF6DA7605B1E2D2D160A05296FDA4E5B3571A7890804A48|
		|404E2964C60804986B6990E46962E5CFA221A17261A8C12C4C4B55B4DDCA90BD76E|
		|0C1B5F08D195AB7A3AFF29907492E6EB3DAFFF9C73A7CDDDB8D2F07AE2E6252103A|
		|3A6562A2D8C16F2B655304DDDAA9FD1EC754B3345E5A9A74FFCD8570D53272CEDBA|
		|616F54CF3D27422EAF2F2FABF3C69ABE90D3F24671DDD46CA3900F4EE657754BCFD|
		|B6AF58B7FB64085C64D6365D56E76BE4FEBDA926E95568D62237C1597915FF139A7|
		|B9A2AE2F45C78AC6A23A6B196B9AB9305EB016F512C9946CDDDA68A35607E873470|
		|A7ECA1E9171099155445712ECC982BD2AD8976226DD0E9F848F7285880AC7F6946C|
		|92EBC96F88737D67FE00959FCC5F60DD3E789712DD9CEBDE42BD3AD66A58930E9BC|
		|6706E9A442FE16DB2C714E1A5DD7B1CE1B2DBD38AD8BE29C40E8E33AF82F724AEAA|
		|A253BFA338B653BBCC3DD0C7BABE0DD20991FE2DE86DD17C5E9ED99B83CE7D829FE|
		|BF93B909FBA80F8540CE7F41BCC937E8C9C34F7BD496844AED2B80BCDAE1DEEF725|
		|38BCCD7C053EA31E9A31ABA7F91DEA0734D40BF07E5A785F2DAC137E8FB8200D1EE|
		|43D05794FC3017024C40C839262433C6B88EFD74DB656E4BB5AD3D03A9D659EE57B|
		|A598086B4458A38D6BB6B15694B51E10DAA1E16AE71D67F90EB2399C9FD3BC1D5CA|
		|F83EB7506995CAF8BEBC5493B8658194B547AF68A11E643B277F33D751FA0F6993F|
		|CC43E65F7EF747995F31D30BEA21CE7DC6DFE29DE8FDEC72EAF67A2826E615DB14D|
		|3CF7DF6DF866F60468273E86F601EFC402943BCDBA10476FB916C09CE4F5C24286E|
		|91AC32827B4CFE433F9F082AE7AB9CEFA7D9336CCB7C41FF9DCA89DF68999E4A91A|
		|AA53C52E3CDD458B23596733596F33596E91ACBAC72F4CF20A463F1068E7EEFE57D|
		|1F79E549EFC1B1C5257B3075F41AB6979A220E2AE2774DD6E1B145CA4D7E9F1E814|
		|A84005FF93FC74EF4E4|

And it does hit 46.8% Defense to All under Power Boost.

Did you guys know Dimension Shift can take two damage procs? Things gun-get spicy.

21 minutes ago, Sir Myshkin said:

I'm going to share something here that no one's seen yet. I haven't tested it yet, it's third on my list behind Earth/Dark/Stone.

Grav/Time/Primal "Proc Monster"

Reveal hidden contents

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Level 50 Natural Controller
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Ancillary Pool: Primal Forces Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dmg(31), Apc-Dam%(34), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(37), GldJvl-Dam%(37)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(3), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(3), Prv-Heal/Rchg(5), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(5), Prv-Absorb%(7)
Level 4: Gravity Distortion -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), GldJvl-Dam%(7), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(13), GldNet-Dam%(15), UnbCns-Dam%(15), ImpSwf-Dam%(21)
Level 6: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(37), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(40), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40)
Level 8: Propel -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(9), GldJvl-Dam%(11), ExpStr-Dam%(11), FrcFdb-Rechg%(13)
Level 10: Temporal Selection -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A)
Level 12: Crushing Field -- SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Knock%(46), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(46), PstBls-Dam%(48), TraoftheH-Dam%(48), ImpSwf-Dam%(48)
Level 14: Dimension Shift -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(40), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(42), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(42)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- SprEnt-End/Rchg(A), NrnSht-Dam%(17), GldNet-Dam%(17), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(19), ImpSwf-Dam%(19), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(21)
Level 18: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43), LucoftheG-Def(43)
Level 20: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-End/Res(23), GldArm-3defTpProc(23)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 26: Wormhole -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 28: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(33), SlbAll-Build%(34), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(34)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(36), ShlBrk-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(39), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(39), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Temp Invulnerability -- HO:Ribo(A), HO:Ribo(45), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45)
Level 47: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(27), Mrc-Rcvry+(46)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(50)
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
		|MxDz;1491;713;1426;HEX;|
		|78DA65944B4C13511486EF6DA7605B1E2D2D160A05296FDA4E5B3571A7890804A48|
		|404E2964C60804986B6990E46962E5CFA221A17261A8C12C4C4B55B4DDCA90BD76E|
		|0C1B5F08D195AB7A3AFF29907492E6EB3DAFFF9C73A7CDDDB8D2F07AE2E6252103A|
		|3A6562A2D8C16F2B655304DDDAA9FD1EC754B3345E5A9A74FFCD8570D53272CEDBA|
		|616F54CF3D27422EAF2F2FABF3C69ABE90D3F24671DDD46CA3900F4EE657754BCFD|
		|B6AF58B7FB64085C64D6365D56E76BE4FEBDA926E95568D62237C1597915FF139A7|
		|B9A2AE2F45C78AC6A23A6B196B9AB9305EB016F512C9946CDDDA68A35607E873470|
		|A7ECA1E9171099155445712ECC982BD2AD8976226DD0E9F848F7285880AC7F6946C|
		|92EBC96F88737D67FE00959FCC5F60DD3E789712DD9CEBDE42BD3AD66A58930E9BC|
		|6706E9A442FE16DB2C714E1A5DD7B1CE1B2DBD38AD8BE29C40E8E33AF82F724AEAA|
		|A253BFA338B653BBCC3DD0C7BABE0DD20991FE2DE86DD17C5E9ED99B83CE7D829FE|
		|BF93B909FBA80F8540CE7F41BCC937E8C9C34F7BD496844AED2B80BCDAE1DEEF725|
		|38BCCD7C053EA31E9A31ABA7F91DEA0734D40BF07E5A785F2DAC137E8FB8200D1EE|
		|43D05794FC3017024C40C839262433C6B88EFD74DB656E4BB5AD3D03A9D659EE57B|
		|A598086B4458A38D6BB6B15694B51E10DAA1E16AE71D67F90EB2399C9FD3BC1D5CA|
		|F83EB7506995CAF8BEBC5493B8658194B547AF68A11E643B277F33D751FA0F6993F|
		|CC43E65F7EF747995F31D30BEA21CE7DC6DFE29DE8FDEC72EAF67A2826E615DB14D|
		|3CF7DF6DF866F60468273E86F601EFC402943BCDBA10476FB916C09CE4F5C24286E|
		|91AC32827B4CFE433F9F082AE7AB9CEFA7D9336CCB7C41FF9DCA89DF68999E4A91A|
		|AA53C52E3CDD458B23596733596F33596E91ACBAC72F4CF20A463F1068E7EEFE57D|
		|1F79E549EFC1B1C5257B3075F41AB6979A220E2AE2774DD6E1B145CA4D7E9F1E814|
		|A84005FF93FC74EF4E4|

And it does hit 46.8% Defense to All under Power Boost.

Did you guys know Dimension Shift can take two damage procs? Things gun-get spicy.

lol,   /Time is just freakin' nasty on every AT.     /FF called and wishes it had its purpose in life back.    Well at least it can proc out Repulsion Bomb.

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2019 at 2:58 PM, Maldroth said:

I'm using Enflame now but I don't know it kinda doesn't feel like it does either enough damage or the AoE is too small. Right now it is housing another set and I might swap that out.

This is what I plan on going with, if I've got 6 slots available for Enflame

Enflame    
Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27
Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 20
Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27
Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 20
Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27
Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize: Level 10

Positron's Blast
(Enflame)
  2.5% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery

Annihilation
(Enflame)
  1.35% Max End

Frozen Blast
(Enflame)
  10% ResEffect(SpeedRunning), 10% ResEffect(RechargeTime), 10% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)

Accuracy: 50.55%

Damage: 50.55%

Endurance Reduction: 50.55%

Recharge Reduction: 5.12%

Use global recharge from set bonuses and Hasten to improve the uptime on Enflame, if needed.

I figure that having procs for Energy damage, Resist debuffing and Immobilize will help Enflame deliver the pain you'll be wanting to inflict with it.  I figure this winds up being more of a Force Multiplier™ than a "set and forget" style of Die In A Fire™ type of power, since you'd use it to "maim" your opposition and then finish them off with your primary/secondary powersets.

On 8/15/2019 at 2:58 PM, Maldroth said:

So question I have for other Grav/Timers, how do you slot your Chrono Shift? I'm thinking of adjusting my build around again to see if I can make room for a few more procs or something else.

Level 38:    Chrono Shift    
 (A) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Recharge: Level 50+5
 (39) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Recharge: Level 50+5
 (39) Doctored Wounds - Heal/Recharge: Level 50+5

Endurance Mod: 66.25%

Heal: 33.13%

Recharge Reduction: 94.56% (Pre-ED: 99.38%)

Absorb: 53.00%

I figure that's the absolute best you can get out of a mere 3 slots that push your recharge to the ED cap.  You can go as few as 2 slots (for recharge reduction) if you're willing to go 1 common IO 50+5 and 1 set IO 50+50 if you don't mind limiting yourself to 84.51% (Pre-ED: 86.12%) recharge reduction ... otherwise you have to stick with just 2 common IO 50 with up to +7 Levels added on between them to reach 94.75% (Pre-ED: 99.64%) recharge reduction.

However my triple frankenslot solution yields a mere 0.19% less recharge reduction while adding enough Recovery over 30 seconds to offset the cost of using the power (making it endurance neutral to use on that score, which helps Time Manipulation powersets a fair amount) while also increasing the amount of Healing and Regeneration it provides.  All in all, a rather high return on investment of a single extra slot above the minimum 2 slots needed to push Chrono Shift towards perma status while under Hasten effect ... wouldn't you say?

IifneyR.gif

38 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Recharge Reduction: 5.12%

Use global recharge from set bonuses and Hasten to improve the uptime on Enflame, if needed.

I don't think you need to be too conservative with the recharge. The 90 second base will keep you at Proc max for anything other than 1 PPM procs even with 100% recharge slotted. Also, although the attack takes Target AoE sets, the initial cast is single target and will have an AF of 1, or at worst it has a 7 foot radius for an AreaMod of 1.7875. So even in the worst case scenario, you need almost 200% slotted recharge to not hit 90% of the time. You won't hit that. As for the summoned pets, they will use the Toggle formula, thus slotted recharge won't matter. Ultimately, would you rather have the power up every 30 seconds with 200% recharge (all from global) or every 22.5 seconds (with an additional 100% slotted recharge).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

8 hours ago, Bopper said:

I don't think you need to be too conservative with the recharge. The 90 second base will keep you at Proc max for anything other than 1 PPM procs even with 100% recharge slotted. Also, although the attack takes Target AoE sets, the initial cast is single target and will have an AF of 1, or at worst it has a 7 foot radius for an AreaMod of 1.7875. So even in the worst case scenario, you need almost 200% slotted recharge to not hit 90% of the time. You won't hit that. As for the summoned pets, they will use the Toggle formula, thus slotted recharge won't matter. Ultimately, would you rather have the power up every 30 seconds with 200% recharge (all from global) or every 22.5 seconds (with an additional 100% slotted recharge).

Works for me!

/em dives back into the build planner to modify saved build(s) accordingly

IifneyR.gif

On 8/19/2019 at 12:10 AM, Bopper said:

New plan(s) for Enflame, with the non-purple and purple versions of the Frozen Blast set, edited to maximize Recharge Reduction for improved uptime.

=====

Enflame  (non-purple)
Positron's Blast - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 20 (3.5 PPM)
Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime: Level 27
Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 20 (3.0 PPM)
Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 27
Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize: Level 27 (3.5 PPM??)

Positron's Blast
(Enflame)

Annihilation
(Enflame)
  1.35% Max End

Frozen Blast
(Enflame)
  10% ResEffect(SpeedRunning), 10% ResEffect(RechargeTime), 10% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)

Accuracy: 33.70%

Damage: 54.76%

Recharge Reduction: 69.51%

=====

Enflame (purple-ish)
Positron's Blast - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 20 (3.5 PPM)
Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime: Level 27
Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 20 (3.0 PPM)
Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize: Level 50 (4.5 PPM??)

Positron's Blast
(Enflame)

Annihilation
(Enflame)
  1.35% Max End

Superior Frozen Blast
(Enflame)
  15% ResEffect(SpeedRunning), 15% ResEffect(RechargeTime), 15% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)

Accuracy: 43.35%

Damage: 64.41%

Recharge Reduction: 85.84% (Pre-ED: 87.60%)

=====

Side note: I am unable to find any reference to the PPM values for either Frozen Blast or Superior Frozen Blast in the unverified reference tables found HERE, so I extrapolated from other examples found in the table.  Verification of these presumed PPM values through testing is desired.

Edited by Redlynne

IifneyR.gif

I too started up a grav/time a bit ago, I haven't played it that much, but it's one that's often on my mind.  I had a hell of an experience at low level (early teens?) running missions as leader starting with just a blaster and I think a scrapper and me.  There was a lot of dying by the blaster of course, I was probably about tied with the scrapper, maybe slightly ahead.  I was kind of ghetto controlling single target cycling controls lift, propel, and gravity distortion trying to keep the incoming damage down, I hadn't picked up my heal because I wanted all the attack powers first.  After I remembered between missions I picked up my heal and tried to heal the blaster, but she just liked to zip around and get killed, still I managed to help a little with that.  I finally filled out the group and somehow found myself last one standing against either an EB or an AV Skull and I couldn't hold him so it was time crawl, and that really messed him up, and I was able to slowly whittle him down, run away and rest, get up and repeat when time crawl wore off.  That felt impossibly great for such a low level! 

The trick to being a low level Controller is rotating your controls to keep incoming damage down. Line of sight and other tricks are helpful and as you saw debuffs can really be impactful. It is certainly a different play style.

As for the Grav/Time analysis this does help me rethink how I used Distortion Field and going to change it up. I'm also going to be giving Crushing Field a try. Moving some slots around can get more damage in Gravity Distortion as well which is in my attach chain. I'm still going to take a hard pass on Dimension Shift but you do make some interesting uses of it with procs. I just have better powers I'd rather want to spend slots on. 😄