What Other Hobbies Interest You Besides Gaming?

Abraxus

Not sure if this subject has been explored before, but I was curious what other free time pursuits folks around here have?

For myself, Star Wars has always been one of my passions.  To that end, I have an extensive collection of prints/wall hangings, ship models, and combat ready light sabers.  Here is an example of a few of those sabers.

Brass Flagship 8.jpg

Jay V2 4.jpg

Weapon of a Jedi 2.jpg

My Flagship3.jpg

Completed Display Box.jpg

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 5

What was no more, is REBORN!

Those are some nice pieces. The best lightsaber I have is Luke's green one in the Force FX Signature version. My hobbies are shooting, archery, martial arts, gardening, college football and hiking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

9 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

Those are some nice pieces. The best lightsaber I have is Luke's green one in the Force FX Signature version. My hobbies are shooting, archery, martial arts, gardening, college football and hiking.

The single one, in the small box, is Luke's green one from ROTJ.  It is just what is referred to as the "V2" version of it.  The one used mainly in the throne room scenes with the Emperor, and shown in close-up on his throne a couple of times.  I preferred this version, because to me, it looked like something that Luke would have made from spare parts he found in Obi-Wan's hut on Tattoine, which would have not been all shiny and new looking.  But, beaten-up, blasted by exposure to the harsh elements, old, but still functional.  Anyway, that was the vision I had in my head when I had it customized to look like that. 😎

That one did catch my eye. 🙂 It looks really great. The one I have just looks battered from people picking it up and swinging it around. The feedback noises seem to make people want to bang it off something.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

47 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

That one did catch my eye. 🙂 It looks really great. The one I have just looks battered from people picking it up and swinging it around. The feedback noises seem to make people want to bang it off something.

Yeah, they want to hear the "clash" sounds when the blade impacts something.  Only problem is that, the Master Replica versions weren't really designed for much impact.  The glue holding the string LEDs in the blade in place, would start to crystallize over time, and they would break free, then go dark in the cases of repeated hits. 

Medieval stuff (14th cen weapons, armor <-occasionally gets worn and I'm beaten with rattan) Living room:

11427388813_cc68144a58_c.jpg

16179694220_c2867f6961_z.jpg

8622534881_6ba910be45_z.jpg

Comic books (Hellboy, Iron Man, The Rocketeer et.al.

14853954504_33c364c825_b.jpg

17003559612_86e90db767.jpg

18175412422_361ae35ccd_z.jpg

Gaming and miniature painting (have well over 1000 minis not counting ones in board games)

9721432378_50613f424f_z.jpg

And I occasionally do sketch stuff:

15226147997_a0b5403dd2.jpg

15175802410_650a01ce17.jpg

And I make stuff...like this tea bag agitator and sword scabbards and other wood and leather stuff:

27806219527_212f5c4ddf.jpg

42140351775_8966bd5ed4.jpg[/url]

16437819184_c25f1efbda.jpg

33964043242_e427252b61.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

Some individuals are blessed with good looks, others are blessed with a melodic singing voice or the gift of conversation, I on the other hand was blessed with.... no social life. 

• Haha 5

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

.... more gaming.

Except, I don't mean video games.  I mean, tabletop "pencil paper and dice" role-playing games.  Shadowrun, Dungeons & Dragons, and more.

Don't have a group to actually PLAY the games with right now, sadly.  When I was a kid - 12, 14, all the way through about 22 really - it was easy to have a regular day or night each week, on which to game ... easy for the whole group, I mean.  But, now that I'm an adult?  And so are the people I'd be playing with?  Jobs, kids, the house, the car, the in-laws ... so many other things (rightfully) taking precedence over game night, that it's insanely hard to find a group whose schedules consistently match up, anymore.  😢 

• Like 2

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

I do landscape and botanical photography.

I play and GM old-school paper-and-funky-dice tabletop RPGs.

... And I collect Asian ball-joined dolls (Who often end up being my photography models-) and antique books.

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 3

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Other interests include (in no particular order).....

D&D, Deadlands, Paranoia, plus a few other role play games (GM and player).

Judge Dredd and 2000AD comics.

Star Trek.

Star Wars.

MCU.

B5.

Blood Bowl (run many tournaments).

My car (modified JDM Impreza).

Gaslands (Mad Max style car combat, using modified Hotwheels).

Classic, Universal and Hammer, monster movies.

My library.

My other library (two rooms filled with books, games and movies).

My son (8 months old and trying to bite my leg at time of writing).

The wifelet.

My cat.

Netrunner.

Oh my, there's so much more 🙂

Edited by Lunchmoney
  • Like 3

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

So tempted to reply, "Your Mom."

But that we be crude.

Like your mom.

😁😝

• Haha 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Many and varied,

Writing (one book and several short stories published)

Wargaming - AOS - Nighthaunt, Slaanesh, and Stormcast. Just started playing Warcry, painting an unmade Warband atm. Also historical Samurai, French Napoleonic, German WW2

Larp and tabletop

And finally Leathercrafting

42705690_2075329055865045_4781194470496403456_o.jpg

38963656_2007100949354523_3288075057414275072_o.jpg

• Like 4

Hi all,

1. all genres of photography from high speed water droplet shots to wildlife and macro and street portraiture, so anything really.

2. competition ballroom and latin dancing and a bit of Soroccco for fun.

3. using both above whilst travelling for leisure.

Yes, am retired 🕺🏼🕺🏼😀  

• Like 3