Sets you would play but...

DR_Mechano

On 9/11/2019 at 3:42 AM, DSorrow said:

A lot of the time I play with the game muted or the sound way down so sound effects don't really bother me enough to stop me playing a powerset. There are only a handful of things that really stop me from playing a powerset:

• It's ugly or covers my whole costume. Most notably Stalkers and stuff like Granite Armor because not seeing my costume/looking like anyone else of the same AT/powerset takes away a big part of my character's identity. I do enjoy a Warshade, though, but I guess that's down to the pretty unique gameplay that comes from constantly switching between the different forms.

Same issue I have with some.  Worst to me is controller /darkness affinity, which you should add to your list.  In its case, the power "Fade" not only covers/transforms your character into some kind of almost invisible shadow wraith looking thing that entirely replaces your character (and ironically the power doesn't even grant stealth), it does it to your whole team as well, so you can annoy everyone on your team that doesn't want to run around looking like that.

Add to that it also has some sort of weird migraine inducing flickering to its graphics.  Worst/most annoying graphical power in the game right now imho.  It also happens to be very powerful, so hard to justify skipping.

I have severe misophonia so...yes. Whenever I play my thugs MM, I have to have the sound off. I cannot deal with the high-pitched whistle used to call in the henchmen. The dark wolf pet...the continuous "Bark, bark bark!" every ten seconds; excuse me while I violently shiver. Beam rifle and sonic both bother me a little bit. The sounds just bug me for some reason.

Played around with my TW/bio brute and I know it is still early in the life cycle of the build, level 28, but it just feels more fiddly than what I want out of a build. I see the potential, but I feel like I'm fighting the build and that's not fun. I would roll a TW/wp brute in a heartbeat if I didn't already have a /wp brute.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

15 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

Played around with my TW/bio brute and I know it is still early in the life cycle of the build, level 28, but it just feels more fiddly than what I want out of a build. I see the potential, but I feel like I'm fighting the build and that's not fun. I would roll a TW/wp brute in a heartbeat if I didn't already have a /wp brute.

TW/Bio is one of those set combos that is a massively late bloomer, apparently it really doesn't get going until in the 40s and even then it requires heavy IO investment to really shine. I tried TW/WP but I found the set so sluggish and didn't find the survival as good as say my SS/Invuln brute who had an easier time getting multiple types softcapped defense wise (S/L, F/C and melee) and much higher resists (50% across the board apart from Psi and toxic, capped S/L)

10 hours ago, DR_Mechano said:

TW/Bio is one of those set combos that is a massively late bloomer, apparently it really doesn't get going until in the 40s and even then it requires heavy IO investment to really shine. I tried TW/WP but I found the set so sluggish and didn't find the survival as good as say my SS/Invuln brute who had an easier time getting multiple types softcapped defense wise (S/L, F/C and melee) and much higher resists (50% across the board apart from Psi and toxic, capped S/L)

I just wonder if I can tolerate it long enough to see it bloom and if it does in a way which works for me. It feel like more than ever I need to wait until a build is 50 to decide if it is worth keeping versus 20-30. I'll do some more teams if I can get a current graphic issue fixed. My Claws/wp doing the same content was far smoother at that level. I have yet to roll a Invul through 60+ characters on live and HC. I literally forget it is there. I have thought of various heroes to make and have a look down, but don't roll them since I forget Invul is an option. Outside of the hype for /bio, I have just been wanting to try a brute with a damage aura that isn't /fire. A couple /elec ones keep being deleted.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 9/12/2019 at 9:33 PM, Ael said:

I have severe misophonia so...yes. Whenever I play my thugs MM, I have to have the sound off. I cannot deal with the high-pitched whistle used to call in the henchmen. The dark wolf pet...the continuous "Bark, bark bark!" every ten seconds; excuse me while I violently shiver. Beam rifle and sonic both bother me a little bit. The sounds just bug me for some reason.

On 9/12/2019 at 11:12 PM, EyeLuvBooks said:

I have one Sonic toon because I hate the sound fx to the point that I have to turn them off.

I enjoy listening to the sounds of the game. but like you folks, there are some sounds in the game I just cannot stand. I either silence them or modifying them to something more exceptable.

MM Bots squeak like rubber duckies now instead of tromp-tromp-tromping around.

MM Demon Lts giggle like 6mo infants instead of roaring.

Dogs no longer bark.

Spines are quiet.

And glowies cackle like hyenas.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

It seems odd, but probably the #1 factor that puts me off trying certain sets is powers named in Japanese rather than English.  You wonder whether embarrassing mistakes in grammar or usage are there.  It makes it hard to know from the list what the powers do. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Spines is one I want to play on a Dominator, but the redraw every time ruins me. I just can’t handle it. 

Sonic, bubbles or blast, due to the sounds. I tried when they came out, and noped right out of both sets and never looked back. Animation never bugged me, but the way they sound? Ruined. Give me the sounds for the Sirens, and I’d be better off. 

I cant think of anymore off the top of my head, but I know they exist. Those two are just the biggest offenders. Maybe I should look into replacing Sonic’s sounds with something more pleasing. 

For me it's animation times when playing in big groups so not a fan of Kinetic Melee(this set is the worst offender imo) or Spines or Arrows. As I'm winding up the fire blaster, dual blades, savage melee, street justice, etc has already destroyed the mobs.

Edited by Kinestron

On 9/4/2019 at 4:12 PM, Lazarillo said:

There are a lot of powersets, mostly with regards to Melee set options (though not entirely limited to them), where I feel like there's just one power that's really very important to the set as a whole, but has an animation I really hate

Staff Fighting, Eye of the Storm. Go from cool looking staff attacks to BREAK DANCING!

Don't get me wrong, doesn't stop me from playing the set or using the attack. Just....ugh.

Edited by THEDarkTyger

Fire's armor's visuals are terrible. I don't know why, but I just really really hate them. I think it might have something to do with how monochrome they are, or how everyone likes to recolor them with TERRIBLE color schemes.

Bruh, we know you're a superhero, maybe just rely on the costume and take the glowy bullshit down from a 12 to like a 7. People on this street are trying to read newspapers and buy bagels and shit.

Also

You guys are really going to hate my bots/sonic MM and I'm not sorry.

Edited by PopeUrban
  • Haha 1