Immortal badge

BeowulfinIA

Empath - Craft a Rebirth Core Epiphany for your Destiny slot (the one with +temp HP). Go to the ledge in Mercy with all the training Arachnos in formation and set it to autofire. Should get the badge in a dozen or so hours of idle farming.

Jailed - Start an Ouroboros mission with Malta on -1. Find a couple of spawns near each other with 2 or so -1 sappers in it (higher if you have better defenses), kill all but the sappers, let the sappers whale on you for a while. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think Cataclysmic and the other high-count AE badges are still in the game, unless the homecoming crew has added them back and I'm not aware.     As for Immortal, your best shot is probably to get a single minion alone in a door mission and use Rest.    So long as your regeneration  can keep pace with the damage (i.e. so long as you don't die) you can then afk farm for damage taken.   Even so, it takes a while.

• Like 1

There can be no defense like elaborate courtesy - E.V. Lucas

My AE arcs:

Ex Machina, the story of the Tin Mage Corps.  Arc ID #11781

19 hours ago, GotMedieval said:

Jailed - Start an Ouroboros mission with Malta on -1. Find a couple of spawns near each other with 2 or so -1 sappers in it (higher if you have better defenses), kill all but the sappers, let the sappers whale on you for a while. 

As an additional note on this, activate Rest before letting the Sappers start holding you. This will negate any defenses you may have, as well as reducing your resistances to stuns and sleep. This will pretty much guarantee that the Sappers will keep you perma-held, even if you have a bunch of passives and set bonuses.

Edited by Piyerus
  • Thanks 1

Depending on your build you may want to adjust the difficulty settings so that a single minion is a level or two below you if they're killing you through Rest on even con.    

Thanks for the earlier correction on Cataclysmic - I'm not aware of any effective way to farm damage dealt badges other than just playing a lot of high-end content to maximize the numbers you're putting out and using Judgment frequently.  

There can be no defense like elaborate courtesy - E.V. Lucas

My AE arcs:

Ex Machina, the story of the Tin Mage Corps.  Arc ID #11781

This applies to damage taken farms as well, but if you're having trouble surviving afk you can put a self-heal power on auto, to give you a bit of an extra edge. Even if you don't have a self heal naturally, the Rebirth incarnate power you'll be using for the healing farm works just as well, as long as you can survive long enough for it to recharge.

As for damage dealt farms... I couldn't figure out a good way to do this one either, other than going into an Arena match with a character I made on a second account that had a self-heal. It's not the fastest and the speed is limited by how quickly the second character can heal, but if you get it stable enough it's good for afk farming. Switch between doing that afk when you're not playing and dealing more active damage when you are playing normally, and you'll get it eventually.

Not done these on Homecoming yet, but I remember doing these on Live and it took some trial and error, finding the right level and the right villain group until I got one that worked. Adding in a self heal to the rest helped as well as it kept it going long.

For Cataclysmic, gather all of the AVs in Mender Ramiel's first mission, and toss an AoE on them about every 23 seconds.  You have 3 extra Incarnate powers, one of which adds a massive DoT to all of your damaging attacks.  They should heal fully up between each shot.  You'll probably need some sort of automation program to attack on schedule.  If you don't have that, you could put a 90+ second recharge power that does damage on auto (nuke or damaging AoE hold).  The Incarnate powers also give you +400% recharge or something like that, so any short recharge AoE will fire much too often.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TopDoc said:

For Cataclysmic, gather all of the AVs in Mender Ramiel's first mission, and toss an AoE on them about every 23 seconds.  You have 3 extra Incarnate powers, one of which adds a massive DoT to all of your damaging attacks.  They should heal fully up between each shot.  You'll probably need some sort of automation program to attack on schedule.  If you don't have that, you could put a 90+ second recharge power that does damage on auto (nuke or damaging AoE hold).  The Incarnate powers also give you +400% recharge or something like that, so any short recharge AoE will fire much too often.

Yeah, that's how I did it.

I just got the Immortal badge. Really depends on your build.

I went afk on an ITF +4/+8.  Got it down to roughly 400-500 dmg/sec.

Had a pocket emp with target heal on auto and radiation therapy on auto.

Used 5 Bosses, 4 lieuts, and a surgeon.

Still took approximately 50hrs for about 70mil of dmg.

I just did it every night when I went to bed for about a week.

For the Jailed badge, start an RWZ mission and get about 4-5 chief mentalists, the lieut versions. You will be held.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later
On 9/6/2019 at 3:50 PM, Piyerus said:

As an additional note on this, activate Rest before letting the Sappers start holding you. This will negate any defenses you may have, as well as reducing your resistances to stuns and sleep. This will pretty much guarantee that the Sappers will keep you perma-held, even if you have a bunch of passives and set bonuses.

Sometimes when using rest mode with the sappers you can be defeated.  The better way to negate your defenses is to use the command /selectbuild 2 or /selectbuild 3

• Thumbs Up 1

25 alts with all the badges!

On 9/7/2019 at 9:35 AM, TopDoc said:

I found that setting the mission to +4 and using contrl+click to set ion judgement to auto to be the best

2 hours ago, Gulver said:

I've been using a +4 CoT Guide in a flashback mission to hit me while in Rest for Immortal farming.  Wonder if there was a better mob to farm off on my /regen Brute badger.

If you dont have someone with a healer that wants to work healing badges at the same time, then no. I use a +4 CoT guide also

On 9/4/2019 at 10:08 PM, BeowulfinIA said:

Have there been any posts on good afk methods to farm badges like Immortal, Empath, Jailed, Cataclysmic?

For the hold badges, I just get a malta mission and stand in front of a sapper after clearing the rest of the room.

Do not go into rest mode as that can sometimes be lethal, but rather use /selectbuild 2 and switch to an unslotted build to remove your defenses and io buffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

I generally use a "buddy system" in the Arena for things like Hold/Stun Badges, and Gladiator matches for the Heal.  Available at any level, rather than only with Incarnate crap.

You don't need to be an incarnate to farm out the badges. Back in the day I had a tank that I kept at level one and farmed out the damage badges. He ran around at level one with the Immortal badge title.   Hold badges can be farmed out with any enemy that can hold you without defeating you, i just find sappers to be the best but mileage varies.  A rad corr of mine back in the day, at level one it could heal others so I turned off xp and had a level 1 empath titled character running around after awhile.

With XP turned off at level 1 you could in theory farm up the money badges.....though for that you may want to door sit in non ae farms

• 3 months later

I need to necro this thread as i'm having issues with getting my last 3 damage badges.  I have an 2000 hp Brute.  I've tried using Mender Ramiel's arc with  the AVs and even selecting selecting a 2nd build they can't hit me with the God-mode bonuses.  If i try to rest under my second build it lowers my defenses and resists enough that they kill me quickly.   With my main build active and on rest (auto heal engaged) i can usually get 3-4 AVs to beat on me for a little while before all of them hit me at once and kill me.  I'm looking for suggestions if someone has found a better to farm damage.  

Thanks,
HH

I do not recall anyone using the first mission for damage taken badges, only the damage dealt. A later mission in that arc seems to be popular, the one where you fight Trapdoor. You can use rest then pop a full tray of break frees to then move into the lava. Alternatively you can find a mission with a 2-3 weak minions like CoT guides and just rest infront of them.

Lava soaking can work but you really need to be careful that your rest/regen is constantly outpacing the lava, or have a secondary account character with fully slotted up since target heal set to auto fire on you

Same if you use mutliple enemies to attack you at once