Immortal badge

BeowulfinIA

Yeah, the Ramiel mission is pretty much only useful for Cataclysmic.  For Immortal I'm working on it with CoT guides, since I don't have a 2nd account.  The specific level and numbers depends on your HP and regen, so I couldn't say how you can optimize it.  What I can say is farming it with a 1892 hp scrapper with 9.08% regen while resting what's working for me is having 2 +1 guides (they would be +2 if it weren't for the level shift) hitting for about 900 hp each.  If you're going to have multiple guides make sure to stagger their attacks.  If they attack at the same time your regen may have trouble keeping up.  Regardless, Immortal takes a loooooong time to get.

Farming this makes me envy every melee AT/sentinel that's regen.

On 3/6/2020 at 5:46 PM, Nericus said:

Lava soaking can work but you really need to be careful that your rest/regen is constantly outpacing the lava, or have a secondary account character with fully slotted up since target heal set to auto fire on you

Someone told me that the last mission in the Maria Jenkins arc (the one where you *finally* get to rescue Positron) offered a good place to "lava soak."  They showed me when I was tipsy and they had me get in a Rest position and then slide into the pool.  I did and took 92 dam/t.  I'm not sure about the time (t) but it looked like "twice per second."  Anyway, today I tried to do the same thing sober and every time I got in the lava it broke my Rest position.  Somehow this meant that I only took 14 dam/t.

Can someone help me get this to work right?

Edit: is there a more convenient lava pool located somewhere?

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

On 9/5/2019 at 8:23 PM, Sister Corruption said:

Empath - Craft a Rebirth Core Epiphany for your Destiny slot (the one with +temp HP). Go to the ledge in Mercy with all the training Arachnos in formation and set it to autofire. Should get the badge in a dozen or so hours of idle farming.

In Mercy Island, there is often a large, STATIONARY group of Arachnos soldiers in the area next to the P2W agent.

1) Enter any level 50 mission in Ouro's Flashback (this will allow you to afk without getting kicked off.)

2) Go to Mercy Island (change to Vigilante if you want to stay blue.)

3) Go to the P2W agent.

4) Find the large group of Arachnos soldiers marching in place nearby and position yourself accordingly.

5) Put Destiny on auto-fire and go to bed!

I just got the Empath badge for  my *BLASTER* today?!?!

@Super Whatsit

1 hour ago, Display Name said:

Someone told me that the last mission in the Maria Jenkins arc (the one where you *finally* get to rescue Positron) offered a good place to "lava soak."  They showed me when I was tipsy and they had me get in a Rest position and then slide into the pool.  I did and took 92 dam/t.  I'm not sure about the time (t) but it looked like "twice per second."  Anyway, today I tried to do the same thing sober and every time I got in the lava it broke my Rest position.  Somehow this meant that I only took 14 dam/t.

Can someone help me get this to work right?

Edit: is there a more convenient lava pool located somewhere?

Use the lava on the trapdoor mission of the arc where unlock your incarnate powers or ouroborus Maria Jenkins arc again

Before entering lava,  enter rest mode, eat about 20 break free insps then walk into the lava

OIC.  So when I was being shown how to farm the damage, there must have been some sort of team buffs that allowed me to rest in the lava!

@Super Whatsit

16 hours ago, Display Name said:

OIC.  So when I was being shown how to farm the damage, there must have been some sort of team buffs that allowed me to rest in the lava!

Rest is a 100 magnitude immobilize on yourself.  If you can overcome that with break frees/team buffs etc, you can move while resting

Edited by wolfshadow31
Clarification
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later

Also, with sufficient defenses/int reduction, you can POP Rest while IN the fires of Mercy... But, you'll need the regen to back it up (59dmg tics). I'm currently just standing in the flames for tics of 10... Might have to find a better method for damage.

Death is the best debuff.

Hi,

For Cataclysmic, gather all of the AVs in Mender Ramiel's first mission, and toss an AoE on them about every 23 seconds You have 3 extra Incarnate powers, one of which adds a massive DoT to all of your damaging attacks.  They should heal fully up between each shot.  You'llprobably need some sort of automation program to attack on schedule.  If you don't have that, you could put a 90+ second recharge power that does damage on auto (nuke or damaging AoE hold). 

old brain here so could you explain and help me understand how I gather three AV’s and not get instantly purverised into dust on my squishy blaster.

Thanks 👍

On 5/23/2020 at 6:24 AM, Jacktar said:

Hi,

For Cataclysmic, gather all of the AVs in Mender Ramiel's first mission, and toss an AoE on them about every 23 seconds You have 3 extra Incarnate powers, one of which adds a massive DoT to all of your damaging attacks.  They should heal fully up between each shot.  You'llprobably need some sort of automation program to attack on schedule.  If you don't have that, you could put a 90+ second recharge power that does damage on auto (nuke or damaging AoE hold). 

old brain here so could you explain and help me understand how I gather three AV’s and not get instantly purverised into dust on my squishy blaster.

Thanks 👍

Mender Ramiel's first mission is the one in your far future where you have godmode activated.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FrauleinMental said:

Mender Ramiel's first mission is the one in your far future where you have godmode activated.

Duh...bangs forehead slowly on screen.....you made an old man very happy 🤕🤕👍👍

On 5/22/2020 at 11:03 PM, Errants said:

Also, with sufficient defenses/int reduction, you can POP Rest while IN the fires of Mercy... But, you'll need the regen to back it up (59dmg tics). I'm currently just standing in the flames for tics of 10... Might have to find a better method for damage.

There's a spot I found on one of the bottom sides of that building where the fire patches overlap and you take twice as much damage. When I do the damage taken badge farm, I put two of my healers on auto cast single target heal to assist me. They have both far surpassed the requirements for Empath doing so. The damage just about comes close to the maximum amount that I can take without dying, I believe my math told me it was about ~2 million an hour. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 9/7/2019 at 7:35 AM, TopDoc said:

For Cataclysmic, gather all of the AVs in Mender Ramiel's first mission, and toss an AoE on them about every 23 seconds.  You have 3 extra Incarnate powers, one of which adds a massive DoT to all of your damaging attacks.  They should heal fully up between each shot.  You'll probably need some sort of automation program to attack on schedule.  If you don't have that, you could put a 90+ second recharge power that does damage on auto (nuke or damaging AoE hold).  The Incarnate powers also give you +400% recharge or something like that, so any short recharge AoE will fire much too often.

An external, automation program sounds sketchy to me. You may want to verify that doesn't violate ToS before recommending/using that. I mean AFK farming these things feels sketchy to me, but at least the mechanics of the game itself lets you do this.

Edited by Dragotect

I would not recommend using external automation programs/macros. Scripts/programs that automate gameplay are listed as one of the things that is not allowed under the Conduct Guidelines in the code of conduct.

On 5/24/2020 at 5:47 AM, FrauleinMental said:

Is there a way to get this again if you have already completed it?

I'm currently lava soaking my brute. Been in for about 3 hours and it's actually working with my health holding pretty steady at about 1/3 with no auto heals.  I'm sure it will take a while to get all the badges but it would never happen by just playing. Currently taking 12000 damage per minute.

Edited by Parko

On 9/5/2019 at 5:23 PM, Sister Corruption said:

Empath - Craft a Rebirth Core Epiphany for your Destiny slot (the one with +temp HP). Go to the ledge in Mercy with all the training Arachnos in formation and set it to autofire. Should get the badge in a dozen or so hours of idle farming.

Does this still work?  And is it alignment-dependent (can Vigilantes get the badge this way, or do you have to be a Rogue or Villain)?

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

So here is what I've found works best overall even though it does stink, it takes awhile, but the badge is obtainable via this method and I started with less than 3,000,000 damage taken total before beginning this.

So, I began my badge for the "Confined" 12 hours of Mez, but I realized that the Sapper does a decent amount of damage by itself. After learning this, I decided to make a "Pocket Empath" that had a fully loaded up heal and decent recharge. 

What I noticed was that you can have exactly 3 blue-level Sappers with rest on hitting you while the Empath spams you with "Heal Other" and just never die, and this amounts to about 500 damage/sec overall. It takes days, but this is the method I've found that works to get you both the mez badge and the damage taken badge in a decent timeframe. Of course you detoggle all toggles and have the Empath SS + Stealth IO to be undetectable. Use Brawl to get the Sappers to chase you into a mob of 3 of them, and "enjoy the ride" with your Empath spamming Heal Other on auto. I can say this method is probably the safest for even squishier ATs to get the badge without dying, although of course it will require you to dualbox an Empath.

I started on Saturday and I received the badge a few hours ago.

Edited by Zeraphia

8 hours ago, Zeraphia said:

So here is what I've found works best overall even though it does stink, it takes awhile, but the badge is obtainable via this method and I started with less than 3,000,000 damage taken total before beginning this.

So, I began my badge for the "Confined" 12 hours of Mez, but I realized that the Sapper does a decent amount of damage by itself. After learning this, I decided to make a "Pocket Empath" that had a fully loaded up heal and decent recharge. 

What I noticed was that you can have exactly 3 blue-level Sappers with rest on hitting you while the Empath spams you with "Heal Other" and just never die, and this amounts to about 500 damage/sec overall. It takes days, but this is the method I've found that works to get you both the mez badge and the damage taken badge in a decent timeframe. Of course you detoggle all toggles and have the Empath SS + Stealth IO to be undetectable. Use Brawl to get the Sappers to chase you into a mob of 3 of them, and "enjoy the ride" with your Empath spamming Heal Other on auto. I can say this method is probably the safest for even squishier ATs to get the badge without dying, although of course it will require you to dualbox an Empath.

I started on Saturday and I received the badge a few hours ago.

@Zeraphia Great two birds one stone method! If my math checks out, you averaged around 800k an hour. 

The best damage taken I have managed, using the method of resting in a double fire spawn at the building on fire in Mercy Island and getting healed by two fully IO'd/Incarnated Lvl. 50 healers with single target heal on auto, was 2.1 million an hour. 

Edit: ...and in the process both received Empath!

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• 3 weeks later

Hi, am probably missing the obvious but here goes...

I am working for Imortal badge and started using the Burning House in Mercy method.

Trouble is I do have to log out during work hours and often when I log back in there are no fires at the house location.

Are the fires on some sort of timer or started when a specific arc/mission is run by another alt and then they just stay burning till a server reset or something?

Have had no fires the last four times I logged in. Any other locations that stay burning please?

Will investigate the Trapdoor lava stuff as well but don’t want to run a lot of arc just to keep getting back to that mission.

And using that means I am locked into a flashback during my playtime instead of afk time.

Cheers

28 minutes ago, Jacktar said:

Hi, am probably missing the obvious but here goes...

I am working for Imortal badge and started using the Burning House in Mercy method.

Trouble is I do have to log out during work hours and often when I log back in there are no fires at the house location.

Are the fires on some sort of timer or started when a specific arc/mission is run by another alt and then they just stay burning till a server reset or something?

Have had no fires the last four times I logged in. Any other locations that stay burning please?

Will investigate the Trapdoor lava stuff as well but don’t want to run a lot of arc just to keep getting back to that mission.

And using that means I am locked into a flashback during my playtime instead of afk time.

Cheers

I have found in my experience logging out works on occasion, as well asmoving away from the building and coming back, usually half a mile.

Pocket D Zone Tour

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

I have found in my experience logging out works on occasion, as well asmoving away from the building and coming back, usually half a mile.

Thank you muchly GP, will have a go at both those suggestions and see what occurs, will report back with hopefully good news and proper progress on the badge. 😀👍

Will still be a long slog whatever happens, I really hate to say this but I do think that this particular one could do with another nerf. 50 million damage taken is a fair target in a game so slewed for us to resist damage so easily.

Cannot even begin to imagine how much regular game play is needed on an incarnate to amass 100 million damage taken these days.

lol rant off 😇