Sign in to follow this  
Mansome

What happened to energy melee?

I have not noticed any energy melee stalkers since I started playing the game. Is this set so bad now since we got new powersets? I remember on live servers this the set to pvp with back in the day. Did it get nerfed out something?

Energy Melee was a PvP powerhouse back in the day. I remember my EM/Nin Stalker running around and killing everything but tanker in Recluses Victory. You could AS->Energy Transfer->Total Focus. That was 3 hard hitting abilities and ET had a amazingly short animation time. Also a lot of Archetypes were disoriented and did not have that much life anyway. Then i had Moonbeam for the ones that ran away with little to no life. Nostalgia....

But then the nerf came and ET got such a long animation time, that it was basically useless. Today it is even worse, because ET can not crit. Even out of hide. So basically you are looking at a primary without ANY area damage and two attacks that have a very long animation time which one of can not even crit. The only thing it has going is the glowing pompons and sound effects that stimulate my nostalgic memory....

Edited by Croax

ET animation change really gutted the set.

They really need to have ET/TF do full crit and revert ET animation to old animation. Funny thing is this set probably still won't be better than psi melee in pvp even if they did those changes, but atleast you'd have another viable stalker set for pvp.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, M3z said:

ET animation change really gutted the set.

They really need to have ET/TF do full crit and revert ET animation to old animation. Funny thing is this set probably still won't be better than psi melee in pvp even if they did those changes, but atleast you'd have another viable stalker set for pvp.

I'd say the set needs a complete and total overhaul for the full set. It just has so much wrong with it.

I love my EM stalker, but she's redside and I don't end up playing her much. I really is a great set for stalkers. It's just with her concept, she doesn't belong in Paragon City AT ALL.