Remove Naruto Pose from Ninja Run

EyeLuvBooks

I will sometimes skip traditional movement powers on my Natural Origin heroes. Since I don't want to be the guy everyone is waiting on to reach the mission (and I really like the jump animations), I will take Ninja Running as an alternative. I don't care if it's an Homage or what but the Naruto-style running pose is beyond stupid.

We have several Fly poses so why not offer a choice when it comes to Ninja Running?

• Like 1

I was at the Area 51 briefing, so I know for a fact that Naruto running means having both arms trailing behind. What we do with Ninja Run has a bit more basis in historical fact; basically, the left arm held in front of the face, to keep things from hitting your head (I guess ninjas ran through a lot of woods), the right arm holding the weapon behind you, so if you trip and fall you don't impale yourself.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

So I've seen this as a /emote command but uh... how do you actually get Fly poses to just be a thing all the time whenever you use fly?

I just bind them to forward movement key. It's a lil wonky, sometimes you need to double tap forward to get it to activate but then your good to go.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 8:20 AM, Haijinx said:

Or offer the same power with the normal sprint animation

ninja run and beast run are the same power

Call it freerunning or something

PARKOUR!!!!!

sorry Harry Dresden moment there

edit Speeling!

Edited by boggo2300
  • Like 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

8 hours ago, Vanden said:

I was at the Area 51 briefing, so I know for a fact that Naruto running means having both arms trailing behind. What we do with Ninja Run has a bit more basis in historical fact; basically, the left arm held in front of the face, to keep things from hitting your head (I guess ninjas ran through a lot of woods), the right arm holding the weapon behind you, so if you trip and fall you don't impale yourself.

Try Ninja Running with a gun in each hand.

15 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Or offer the same power with the normal sprint animation

ninja run and beast run are the same power

Call it freerunning or something

Agreed. Actually, I'd like beast/ninja to not provide ANY enhancements at all, but instead, be restricted to just the animation changes. Then add the travel-boosting effects to a new prestige travel power instead. The people who want the visuals can still have the visual, and the people who want the travel enhancements can get those enhancements. Everyone goes home happy. Bonus points -- ninja/beast will then be usable with Super Jump and Combat Jumping.