Patch Notes for September 27th, 2019 - Issue 26, Page 3

The Curator

21 hours ago, Squid Vicious said:

I fixed that for you.

You are aware of the popup that literally says "You are now entering a PvP area and can be attacked by other players" whenever you enter a PvP zone, right? No one going into PvP zone is ignorant of that unless they can't read.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

21 hours ago, Squid Vicious said:

I fixed that for you.

No...you intentionally flamed PvP'ers and thought this was a funny way to do it.  That's not fixing things, that's tearing them apart.

@macskullthanks for always being a refreshing voice for the PvP community (seriously).  And I agree, I've never been in a PvP zone and been "ganked" unknowingly, and typically not ever ganked, given the low populations we have.

• Sad 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

On 9/27/2019 at 10:56 PM, General Idiot said:

About Force of Will - Scrappers and Stalkers really need the same fix that Tankers and Brutes got to ranged damage modifiers, because currently Force of Will's two damaging attacks do more damage on a tank than on a scrapper and that's just wrong. I suspect such a fix is likely already planned, but maybe fix the numbers for Force of Will at least before it goes live or you're going to have a lot of disappointed scrappers out there.

Also, Weaken Resolve is an amazing debuff on a tank. -15% resist for one power slot, plus the ability to slot Achilles' Heel for more debuff as well might make the people grumbling over the loss of bruising over in the tank thread fall silent for a bit.

Get used to it.  First brutes, next scrappers!  This is a tankers world now.  Be thankful they don’t charge rent... yet.  

Guardian survivor

Maybe it could be considered that needing to take prerequisites in power pools has become outdated? We will always be limited to choosing between 4 power pools, but maybe opening up the choice for players to actually take the powers they want to take instead of clogging up their build with powers that don't mean anything to them? I don't think there would be anything inherently broken about this and the tradeoff in increased build flexibility would be great. Certain powers would need to be looked more closely like Unrelenting and Rune of Protection, but I don't think being able to take tough and weave without boxing would break the power pool, nor would being able to take spring attack, resuscitate, vengeance, or victory rush would be broken as singular power picks. Pre-reqs are still valuable power choices such as leadership toggles, travel powers, and may still be taken to house important set bonuses. 

• Like 1

Currently on fire.

Not sure if this has been asked anywhere else in the thread, but this. What is the difference between Origin power pools and regular ones? Do people gain a benefit for taking a power pool that matches their origin? A penalty? Or, is the only difference between it and anything else the limitation to one?

2 hours ago, quixoteprog said:

Not sure if this has been asked anywhere else in the thread, but this. What is the difference between Origin power pools and regular ones? Do people gain a benefit for taking a power pool that matches their origin? A penalty? Or, is the only difference between it and anything else the limitation to one?

The original intention with the origin power pools was that each pool would only be available to a specific origin (only Magic origin characters could take Sorcery, for example) but since the game shut down and development stopped before any of them other than Sorcery were finished, they're being released as origin-agnostic pools that are exclusive to each other (so you can't take both Force of Will and Sorcery, for example). The other three pools are Utility Belt, Experimentation, and Gadgetry, and I wouldn't be surprised if they make an appearance at some point in the future.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

9 hours ago, DreadShinobi said:

Maybe it could be considered that needing to take prerequisites in power pools has become outdated? We will always be limited to choosing between 4 power pools, but maybe opening up the choice for players to actually take the powers they want to take instead of clogging up their build with powers that don't mean anything to them? I don't think there would be anything inherently broken about this and the tradeoff in increased build flexibility would be great. Certain powers would need to be looked more closely like Unrelenting and Rune of Protection, but I don't think being able to take tough and weave without boxing would break the power pool, nor would being able to take spring attack, resuscitate, vengeance, or victory rush would be broken as singular power picks. Pre-reqs are still valuable power choices such as leadership toggles, travel powers, and may still be taken to house important set bonuses. 

None of those powers are overpowred on their own, no. But, having effectively extra power slots could be very overpowered in some builds. Instead of taking boxing, you could take that primary or secondary power you'd otherwise have to skip to fit the three fighting powers in. Multiply by however many prereq powers you can now skip taking and that could make a very significant difference.

• Like 1

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

10 hours ago, macskull said:

The original intention with the origin power pools was that each pool would only be available to a specific origin (only Magic origin characters could take Sorcery, for example) but since the game shut down and development stopped before any of them other than Sorcery were finished, they're being released as origin-agnostic pools that are exclusive to each other (so you can't take both Force of Will and Sorcery, for example). The other three pools are Utility Belt, Experimentation, and Gadgetry, and I wouldn't be surprised if they make an appearance at some point in the future.

As far as I'm aware, even paragon studios intended for any origin to be able to take any pool. Sorcery was available to anyone regardless of origin in I24 beta, and I can not recall nor find any evidence they intended otherwise.

6 hours ago, General Idiot said:

None of those powers are overpowred on their own, no. But, having effectively extra power slots could be very overpowered in some builds. Instead of taking boxing, you could take that primary or secondary power you'd otherwise have to skip to fit the three fighting powers in. Multiply by however many prereq powers you can now skip taking and that could make a very significant difference.

Pretty much. Also I’m not sure how easily this could be done to keep some pre-refs for balance reasons and drop others. Seems like a coding nightmare waiting to happen.

On 9/29/2019 at 7:01 PM, Mr.Sinister said:

Get used to it.  First brutes, next scrappers!  This is a tankers world now.  Be thankful they don’t charge rent... yet.  

Helpful and informative.

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

• Widower unfeatured and unpinned this topic
5 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

Pretty much. Also I’m not sure how easily this could be done to keep some pre-refs for balance reasons and drop others. Seems like a coding nightmare waiting to happen.

I think it's pretty easy, because I don't think it's handled via code. I think it's in the powers database, saying that this power must have 2 of (A, B, C, or D) as a pre-requisite. So it should be possible to do it just by database editing rather than by changing code.

This isn't to say that I support the idea... just that I think it wouldn't be that hard to change.

4 minutes ago, Coyote said:

I think it's pretty easy, because I don't think it's handled via code. I think it's in the powers database, saying that this power must have 2 of (A, B, C, or D) as a pre-requisite. So it should be possible to do it just by database editing rather than by changing code.

This isn't to say that I support the idea... just that I think it wouldn't be that hard to change.

They also have to make sure it does introduce some unforeseen bugs.

1 hour ago, golstat2003 said:

They also have to make sure it does introduce some unforeseen bugs.

Adding new bugs is almost as important as adding new features.  It's how programmers insure job security, after all.  🤣

• Haha 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

29 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

In all fairness Tanks have been pretty irrelevant for a really, really long time. So I'm good with them having their moment and a gloating about it. I know I've done my fair share of loltank when a teammate says we need one.

I'm pretty excited for the changes myself. I was inserting some snark into the hyperbole. 

• Like 1

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

On 9/30/2019 at 5:15 PM, quixoteprog said:

There is one limitation, and that's the limitation that you can only take one origin pool.  So right now, you can't combine Sorcery and Force of Will...  unless that's changed from when I tried it on the test server.

• Jimmy locked this topic