Patch Notes for September 27th, 2019 - Issue 26, Page 3

The Curator

So is Mighty Leap just strictly better than Super Jump? Its numbers are identical but you get Takeoff as well. With Mystic Flight there's at least the drawback of not working with Afterburner. On the other hand, Takeoff seems kind of useless, being an attack power that requires your endurance-guzzling travel power to be active. Given the long recharge I guess the idea is that you open with it and then toggle Mighty Leap off, but that seems kind of clumsy.

I'd expected that Mighty Leap would be less powerful but lower-endurance than Super Jump.

5 hours ago, The Curator said:

New Story Arc: Bobby Curtin

I forget which mission in the chain it is (third, I think?), but one mission sends you to a Circle of Thorns cave on Thorn Isle, but the mission door is not on Thorn Isle. Given that other door missions with specific locations do spawn at that location, you might want to move the mission or change the dialogue to not mention Thorn Isle. 

• Thanks 1

• Developer
2 hours ago, Tatterhood said:

So is Mighty Leap just strictly better than Super Jump?

The introduction of the origin pools really messed with traditional travel power balance. Right now, Acrobatics is very useful to many non-Melee builds, and getting Super Jump is a way to get there. 

That being said, traditional travel pools are being looked at to make them somehow be competitive with the origin pool ones.

• Thanks 3

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

• Developer
20 minutes ago, Sylar said:

so Unleash Potential, did you remove the option to mitigate the crash using Unrelenting from Presence Pool?

That functionality was never actually implemented, for some reason, even if many powers still reference it. Maybe it was being getting pulled out at the last minute before shutdown.  Those descriptions are being fixed as we see catch them.

26 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

That functionality was never actually implemented, for some reason, even if many powers still reference it. Maybe it was being getting pulled out at the last minute before shutdown.  Those descriptions are being fixed as we see catch them.

see, i thought that idea originally was good and should actually be implemented for all T9 powers on armors for tankers.

I'm on test now respecing and about to test Force of Will but I HAVE to ask...are there any plans to extend the amount of slots you can have in a power?  Or somehow make it possible for us to pick even more powers for a toon in the veteran levels?  Pardon my derp if this already exists in game. 

<complainy wah rant> I love having more options but like many have stated before builds are FAR too tight and trying to take powers like Tough, Weave, Acrobatics, Vengeance, Victory Rush you name it are normally out of reach and shouldn't even be a possible power pick in the game because you have to sacrifice in some cases 4 power picks from your Primary and Secondary just to get them.  Sorry that was a long run on sentence but it's frustrating!  I know pretty much what you posted above loosely addressed this concern but I wanted you and the other Devs to know that a decent amount of us feel this way.  Especially Tankers and Supoort classes. </complainy wah rant>

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tater Todd said:

I'm on test now respecing and about to test Force of Will but I HAVE to ask...are there any plans to extend the amount of slots you can have in a power?  Or somehow make it possible for us to pick even more powers for a toon in the veteran levels?  Pardon my derp if this already exists in game. 

<complainy wah rant> I love having more options but like many have stated before builds are FAR too tight and trying to take powers like Tough, Weave, Acrobatics, Vengeance, Victory Rush you name it are normally out of reach and shouldn't even be a possible power pick in the game because you have to sacrifice in some cases 4 power picks from your Primary and Secondary just to get them.  Sorry that was a long run on sentence but it's frustrating!  I know pretty much what you posted above loosely addressed this concern but I wanted you and the other Devs to know that a decent amount of us feel this way.  Especially Tankers and Supoort classes. </complainy wah rant>

I hope not. If you want all the fun little toys, you have to make sacrifices somewhere. You shouldn't be able to just have everything. 

Granting more powers, or more slots for vet levels would punish players who don't exclusively focus on one character. More options are just that, more options. Vet levels are a nice little bonus for continuing to play one character. What you're suggesting would change the actual "leveling process" from 1-50 to 1-XXX, since people would almost be forced to level up to whatever arbitrary vet level stopped giving slots and powers.

You already have people complaining things aren't difficult enough. And this is just asking for characters to have even MORE power, and trivialize the content even further.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, WumpusRat said:

I hope not. If you want all the fun little toys, you have to make sacrifices somewhere. You shouldn't be able to just have everything. 

Granting more powers, or more slots for vet levels would punish players who don't exclusively focus on one character. More options are just that, more options. Vet levels are a nice little bonus for continuing to play one character. What you're suggesting would change the actual "leveling process" from 1-50 to 1-XXX, since people would almost be forced to level up to whatever arbitrary vet level stopped giving slots and powers.

You already have people complaining things aren't difficult enough. And this is just asking for characters to have even MORE power, and trivialize the content even further.

What if those level 50+XX characters with extra slots could only be played in Incarnate Content? (Aka if you pick the extra slots and use them you can no longer participate in anything other than incarnate content like DA and Trials?)

6 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

I don't think we would see more power slots without a level cap increase.

For the record I don’t think a level cap increase is a good idea. For one it would make Homecoming diverge even more from the other servers. Secondly MANY players would expect content to match that level increase pretty much immediately. Not sure how much of a burden that would be for you ladies and gents; a volunteer team.

On the other hand if you open up creating content even more to player volunteers . . . 😁

• Like 1

• Developer

To clarify: there is no plan for increasing the level cap, just stating that more power slots are the kind of thing that would only come in such a way.

I myself would expect plenty of content to come along with any hypothetical level cap increase, there is no point on increasing the cap in any game if there are no foes to fight at those levels.

Edited by Captain Powerhouse
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

About Force of Will - Scrappers and Stalkers really need the same fix that Tankers and Brutes got to ranged damage modifiers, because currently Force of Will's two damaging attacks do more damage on a tank than on a scrapper and that's just wrong. I suspect such a fix is likely already planned, but maybe fix the numbers for Force of Will at least before it goes live or you're going to have a lot of disappointed scrappers out there.

Also, Weaken Resolve is an amazing debuff on a tank. -15% resist for one power slot, plus the ability to slot Achilles' Heel for more debuff as well might make the people grumbling over the loss of bruising over in the tank thread fall silent for a bit.

Also would it be possible to get an option to hide the extra power tray that pops up with Mystic Flight and now Mighty Leap? Even if it only hides when it's just those extra powers and not mission specific stuff.

On an unrelated note, one as far as I know unnoticed change to Psionic Melee. Greater Psi Blade no longer does AoE insight strikes on a tank. I suspect that is a bug on live with the current implementation of Gauntlet since it hits the same five targets as Gauntlet does in the same radius, but I always liked it because it gave the tank version of the set something unique. Is there any chance that functionality might be restored and made a proper feature of the set, given tanks' new focus on AoE?

• Like 2

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

2 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

What if those level 50+XX characters with extra slots could only be played in Incarnate Content? (Aka if you pick the extra slots and use them you can no longer participate in anything other than incarnate content like DA and Trials?)

I'd hate to have my character locked to such a small part of the game's content like that. It makes taking those slots seem more like a demerit than an advantage. Rather, they could use a system similar to the Incarnate Shifts, level shifts that only work in Incarnate content. Potential extra slots could work in a similar fashion, where they're only active on appropriate content (ie Incarnate stuff or similar).

...Well, not saying that's what I'd want to see happen, but it's a better alternative than locking people out of content.

10 hours ago, WumpusRat said:

First of all my apologies if I offended you WumpusRat or anyone else when I voiced my complaints.  I've been a fan of your posts for a while and I enjoy your wit and in-depth knowledge of the game.  It was not my intent to suggest a free granting of slots or powers without any penalties or sacrifices.  I sincerely apologize for not wording my post better.  I was thinking that maybe having three options for non Travel Power pools might be in the cards but I'm just guessing all over the place at this point.  I'm just excited about everything and I'm letting my emotions take hold when I post.  I've enjoyed what the Homecoming team has provided so far so whatever happens I'm looking forward to it!

Force of Will:

• The subdued and organic look of the set really resonated with me and when I changed the color to the lowest possible shade of gray it gave off an even more natural look.  Like others have said, I would love to see a No FX version of this if possible.
  • I need to do more testing but I'm liking Force of Will so far.  The versatility and uniqueness of this set reminds of the Sorcery pool.
  • I thought I noticed some slight sound delays when I fired off my Will abilities but I'm not so sure.  It might be just that I am not used to the new powers haha.  More testing will be underway.

Halloween Event:

• You guyssss...the environment changes.  ack.  Wow!  It looks especially perfect in Croatoa.  I would suggest mixing up the tree options near Ms. Liberty though especially since it's night time.
  • Some costumes didn't play well with my Toon's Demon tail.  The Troll costume covered up my tail just fine but costumes like "Crey Agent" allowed me to put on the costume but my demon tail was still there.  Here's the error I received.  "PWTFailOwned"  I know what that means but I just wanted to report the error to give you guys and gals a heads up.

Excellent work all in all though :D.

Edited by Tater Todd

11 hours ago, Zenex said:

We have min FX for leap would Min FX for unleash potential be a possibility too ?

I would suggest an FX in PvP only for Unleash, in analogy to some T9s such as Unstoppable from Invulnerability.

I think also that a Minimal FX would be very fitting also for Takeoff, since there is little point in having Min FX for Mighty Leap if you cannot turn the psionic aura off also in the special attack. Mystic Flight has the Min FX option for both the fly stance itself and for the translocation subpower. In other words not all mutants are psions. 😛

Edited by Itikar

19 hours ago, The Curator said:

Mighty Leap: While this power is active you're able to leap great distances and jump incredibly high. In addition, while this power is active you're able to use Takeoff, which will knockdown nearby foes and increases jump speed. Recharge: Moderate

• Takeoff: You stomp your foot on the ground with tremendous force empowering your jump speed for a short time and shattering the earth beneath, knocking nearby foes off of their feet. Recharge: Long

First impression. If Takeoff is going to have such a long recharge, it really needs an inherent accuracy boost.

Edited by Myrmidon
  • Like 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

14 hours ago, Tater Todd said:

You don't need all of that on a single build.  Or if you're aiming to get all those pool powers, hopefully you're looking to blend them all with some key primary/secondary pools.

From my perspective, having lots of cool pool options means you have a reason to centralize a concept or build goal around the combination of 1 or 2 pools (throw in a specific travel power like Teleport or Super Speed as flavor requires).  But people tend to get caught up in their "standard build" philosophy despite the pools actually having concepts and sacrifices to take (i.e. you have to take 3 powers from this pool to have access to X power).

7 minutes ago, Leogunner said:

You don't need all of that on a single build.  Or if you're aiming to get all those pool powers, hopefully you're looking to blend them all with some key primary/secondary pools.

From my perspective, having lots of cool pool options means you have a reason to centralize a concept or build goal around the combination of 1 or 2 pools (throw in a specific travel power like Teleport or Super Speed as flavor requires).  But people tend to get caught up in their "standard build" philosophy despite the pools actually having concepts and sacrifices to take (i.e. you have to take 3 powers from this pool to have access to X power).

Thankfully, It's not a common issue for me.  I mostly encounter this problem when I make Resurrect/Vengeance focused Support toons or when I'm building some Dominators.  I always build my toons with laser focused goals and concepts but there are times when I'm just shy of being able to take Vengeance or Weave for example.  In most situations I compensate for this by using Procs, IOs, different pool power choices or I just change my Primary or Archetype.  At times avoiding sets that have too many "must have" or "signature" powers is key if it gets in the way of your main vision. 

Can we count on getting more costume piece added and available for players?

There are many hairstyles and pieces, specially for iconic NPC that we could use. I was always frustrated because I wanted some costume pieces so bad but were never added. The Talons hood with hair and also the loincloth.

File:TalonsOfVengeance OracleFire.png

Tsoo dual katanas as back piece.

tsoo3.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 2:48 PM, Glacier Peak said:

Can't wait to test out the new content!

I'm excited to see there will be additional reasons for players to venture in to player versus player zones. This is a great opportunity to bring together two communities! gank ignorant badge seekers!

I fixed that for you.

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1