Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

I showed Aubergenerator (Electrical Blast/Atomic Manipulation blaster) a while back, but I designed him some new costumes. I like this one best:

aubergenerator.thumb.jpg.d994d62cb22e613f7446682c3cbccb5c.jpg

I've mentioned before that I like playing with interesting words for names, so here are a couple new ones:

Callipygia (Dual Blades/Energy Aura scrapper):

callipygia1.jpg.68ea9bf749de3fd4cc02d8adcbbc6c76.jpgcallipygia2.jpg.7e70fa8ed0d888f59a441af912061656.jpg

And Crepuscular-Man (Martial Arts/Invuln stalker):

crepuscular-man.thumb.jpg.baa72b0ba4377fc44c87a85d7a40b29e.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Up 3

One of my recurring character themes is making new members for the gangs of city of heroes! So here's some groupshots:

Outcasts:

Chronic Burn-Out
Bone-Chiller
Amped-Up
Zippzapp (big)
Quakeslam (small)
Quickfrost
Blazed
Shockclash
Rock-On (deliberately obscured, sorry about that)
Icestreak

outcastsGroup1.jpg

outcastsGroup2.jpg

Warriors:

Artemis the Archer
Myrine
Alce
Odyssia

warriors1.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thumbs Up 2

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

Moscato Rose (Force Field/Water Defender)

A college science lab.  A drunken party.  Several bottles of Moscoto Rosé.  An accident.  Rose Parker was at the epicenter causing her genes to mutate with the Moscato Rosé in her blood stream.  It altered her body's appearance.  And she can now create the bubbly-beverage at will to use the bubbles as shields or weapons.

241188612_MoscatoRose1.thumb.jpg.328f767b5a1ad0bd846a5b8dea835818.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Introducing the latest model in the Dynamo Series of mecha suits. The MSP-95 GP-01 Dynamo Ingram.

02m9Epq.png

This mecha has been designed with close and medium range weapons and a variety of non-lethal subdual options. A streamlined and slightly smaller compact build makes this unit better suited for urban environments. Proven, durable technologies and easy maintenance make this mecha suitable for inclusion as back up and fire support for Longbow, Vanguard and even local police. Fire and rescue missions can be supported with add-on modules.

6npcgWR.png4ZK6k56.pnghyjthJq.pngRuBbLMc.pngFmTNqHa.pngPCERLwQ.png

The pilot is a Longbow reservist acting as a test pilot to see how the Ingram works out in Paragon. Assuming all goes well with the test unit, later there will be official variations such as the Police unit below.

ThNpoIx.png2T7kMup.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 12/14/2021 at 5:30 AM, Chrono-Bot said:

One of my recurring character themes is making new members for the gangs of city of heroes!

Man those were right in my wheelhouse!  Two of my favorite Rogues were made by the simple concept of "Women from factions where there are no female mobs."  🙂

From the Warriors, Olympias (WM/EA Brute):

94141611_StrongandPretty.jpg.caacc3e2e8f4b3157bd62490267cb802.jpg

And from the Outcasts, Ann Ionic (Elec^2 Sentinel, shown here telling Meg Mason what she thinks of the PPD's work in the Hollows):

AnnIonic-MegMason.jpg.410d1110fbbf97433ff6cfa136230f80.jpg

Edited by Generator
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Generator said:

Man those were right in my wheelhouse!  Two of my favorite Rogues were made by the simple concept of "Women from factions where there are no female mobs."  🙂

From the Warriors, Olympias (WM/EA Brute):

94141611_StrongandPretty.jpg.caacc3e2e8f4b3157bd62490267cb802.jpg

And from the Outcasts, Ann Ionic (Elec^2 Sentinel, shown here telling Meg Mason what she thinks of the PPD's work in the Hollows):

AnnIonic-MegMason.jpg.410d1110fbbf97433ff6cfa136230f80.jpg

Wonderful Bios/Stories on these two!  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dynamo-Joe said:

Introducing the latest model in the Dynamo Series of mecha suits. The MSP-95 GP-01 Dynamo Ingram.

02m9Epq.png

This mecha has been designed with close and medium range weapons and a variety of non-lethal subdual options. A streamlined and slightly smaller compact build makes this unit better suited for urban environments. Proven, durable technologies and easy maintenance make this mecha suitable for inclusion as back up and fire support for Longbow, Vanguard and even local police. Fire and rescue missions can be supported with add-on modules.

6npcgWR.png4ZK6k56.pnghyjthJq.pngRuBbLMc.pngFmTNqHa.pngPCERLwQ.png

The pilot is a Longbow reservist acting as a test pilot to see how the Ingram works out in Paragon. Assuming all goes well with the test unit, later there will be official variations such as the Police unit below.

ThNpoIx.png2T7kMup.png

Great concept and costume design!  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Player2 said:

Pizza Cutter

Broad Sword / Bio Armor Scrapper

She's edgy.

RTYlxAX.pngDPhwSh2.png

Bio armor colored yellow... as extra cheese.

When the moon hits your eye

Like a big pizza pie

That’s a Scrapper

12 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

Moscato Rose (Force Field/Water Defender)

A college science lab.  A drunken party.  Several bottles of Moscoto Rosé.  An accident.  Rose Parker was at the epicenter causing her genes to mutate with the Moscato Rosé in her blood stream.  It altered her body's appearance.  And she can now create the bubbly-beverage at will to use the bubbles as shields or weapons.

241188612_MoscatoRose1.thumb.jpg.328f767b5a1ad0bd846a5b8dea835818.jpg

When the world seems to shine

Like you’ve had too much wine

It’s a Defender

Swords will swing, ting-a-ling-a-ling 

Ting-a-ling-a-ling and you’ll sing, “Finisce la festa”

Bubbles slay, tippy-tippy-tay

Tippy-tippy-tay and you’ll say, “Mal di testa”

• Haha 4

My current main is The Tranarchist, a Magic origin Darkness Controller.

I don't think the costume is anything special overall, but I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to do the anarchy chest symbol in the colors of the trans pride flag. ^_^ I hope that the black and white base isn't too monotonous, just enough that the occasional splashes of color really pop.

She may or may not be inspired by a Lasombra I played in a recent Vampire: The Masquerade game.

That character had hormone therapy before her Embrace but no surgeries, so to make her more visibly transfeminine, I used the "Strong" face shape as a base, moved some of the individual sliders to increase the overall size of her head in proportion to her body, increased her height and shoulder width, and decreased her hip width. I also gave her the same adjustments I always give to female CoH characters, dropping the leg length down to minimum and boosting the physique and waist sliders to maximum, so that she looks less like a Barbie doll and more like she actually has internal organs.

The "Fashion" heels are amazing. I fell in love with them at first sight.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 4

23 minutes ago, AmeliaHealYa said:

That character had hormone therapy before her Embrace but no surgeries, so to make her more visibly transfeminine, I used the "Strong" face shape as a base, moved some of the individual sliders to increase the overall size of her head in proportion to her body, increased her height and shoulder width, and decreased her hip width.

I definitely think you achieved your goal, and it’s one of the more subtle designs to get that effect.

The first thing I do on 99% of my female characters is to decrease the chest to its lowest and shrink the legs. For most of them I also increase the waist for the same reason you’ve given. Otherwise they look like they’ve had ribs removed.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Trike said:

I definitely think you achieved your goal, and it’s one of the more subtle designs to get that effect.

The first thing I do on 99% of my female characters is to decrease the chest to its lowest and shrink the legs. For most of them I also increase the waist for the same reason you’ve given. Otherwise they look like they’ve had ribs removed.

Thank you!

I admit I cranked her bust size all the way out of pure self-indulgence because this character and the TTRPG character she's loosely based on are both brazen wish-fulfillment. 😅

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, AmeliaHealYa said:

....I also gave her the same adjustments I always give to female CoH characters, dropping the leg length down to minimum and boosting the physique and waist sliders to maximum, so that she looks less like a Barbie doll and more like she actually has internal organs....

43 minutes ago, Trike said:

....The first thing I do on 99% of my female characters is to decrease the chest to its lowest and shrink the legs. For most of them I also increase the waist for the same reason you’ve given. Otherwise they look like they’ve had ribs removed.

I do the exact same thing with my female toons... drop the legs to minimum.  Otherwise, they look completely out of proportion.  The other sliders will vary from min to max, depending on the character.  But the legs HAVE to be at minimum.  😄 

• Like 2