31 Days of Night

Savantir

Okay, I can't be the only one that is actually getting upset IRL because it's always night time in-game, right?! I mean, hear me out, I love the Halloween event. Knocking on doors, kicking down banners, killing monsters, hell yeah! Let's take a moment though and remember what sunshine looks like, don't you miss that? I'm proposing a resistance, to fight against darkness and BRING BACK THE SUN!

Perhaps make it night *only* when there's supernatural activity! That's a win-win, eh? It'll get normal spooky red when there's zoobies coming out the ground and trying to eat our brains, but damn it I need some light in my life! GMs, don't make me go outside... please... We must stand our ground, stand together, and last but not least... BRING BACK THE SUN! 

• Like 7

Omg. 

I thought I was the only one. I mean, I absolutely love the Halloween event and all of the spoopiness, but I'm Irish and pale enough to begin with. Can you imagine how translucent I'll be after 31 days of the dark.  🥺 #BringBackTheSun #NoIrishVampireHere

• Like 4

I oppose this movement. I prefer nighttime year round!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

I agree as well, it would be nice for the day and night cycle to return. I could see the perhaps Friday through the weekend being perpetually night during the Halloween event, but each and every day throughout October is already getting old.

• Like 1

Having been killed for the umpteenth time by someone way higher in level than me (50+ to my just 40) opening doors in PI and then ignoring the spawns, I'm not only a proponent of bringing back the sun but limiting Halloween to a shorter period. And creating a circle in hell for people who open doors but ignore the spawns. (Seems to happen a lot in Talos too, but at least there I see it most while trading around the station/SG porter, with two AVs and police drones.)

• Like 1

As a photophobe, I must say that the night only makes the game much easier for me to play and I can play it longer without experiencing headaches... Just something to consider in this discussion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I prefer the night.

Though, honestly, if we could slow down the Day/Night Cycle so each day and night lasts longer that would also be great. As it stands, 1 hour has 2 in-game day/night cycles in it. You get 15 minutes of day, 15 minutes of night, 15 minutes of day, 15 minutes of night.

Gimme a couple hours of each, instead, year-round. Though we'd have to change how certain spawns (Mostly ghosts and Crotoa) are handled.

Halloween should still be all-night 'cause it's about being spoopy. But the Day/Night Cycle should get a retooling!

It is a lot easier to get some street hunting badges, like pirate ghosts,  when the night is all day and all night.  Let it be.

• Like 3
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Nope.

I *like* the perpetual night thing for Halloween.

It's the right and proper state for bashing zombies and banners and giant, angry pumpkin-things.

You guys get your "sunny city" the other 11 months of the year... I think you can bear to spare us night-owls one month of dark.

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

2 minutes ago, Shadowsleuth said:

During the event, if you're missing the sunlight don't forget that Ouroboros (& never-ending sunlight) is only a click away.

I wonder how much inf Menders spend on suntan lotion.

Cimerora, likewise.

It's a perpetual sunny afternoon there. They don't even HAVE a night cycle.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

20 hours ago, Zepp said:

I oppose this movement. I prefer nighttime year round!

Yes, because we all just love not being able to enjoy the colors of our carefully-crafted costumes! I especially love the way the night lighting strips all of the yellow out of any metallic costume pieces, turning one of my character's orange-and-yellow costume into red and white!

1 hour ago, RikOz said:

Yes, because we all just love not being able to enjoy the colors of our carefully-crafted costumes! I especially love the way the night lighting strips all of the yellow out of any metallic costume pieces, turning one of my character's orange-and-yellow costume into red and white!

In the dark our eyes rely more on rods than cones, but cones are more attuned to blues. Therefore other colors get tuned down. That being said, I was being partially facetious. Yes, I am a photophobe, and I can't play as long when there are day cycles. I also tend to make outfits that use subtler tones that produce distinct yet appealing affects when shifting between night and day. That being said. I understand why some people may want daytime, and I would never seriously propose elimination of the cycle year-round. That being said, 15m days and 30m nights year-round would be reasonable...

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 9:16 PM, Delstar93 said:

I agree as well, it would be nice for the day and night cycle to return. I could see the perhaps Friday through the weekend being perpetually night during the Halloween event, but each and every day throughout October is already getting old.

I like this idea...And I'm fine with the week of Halloween being all night as well...But I take a lot of screenshots of the game, and at night the game scales down the contrast on some of the NPC's so much they look like the doppelgangers from Positron's Task Force.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

In the name of compromise, can the event be altered to allow Trick or Treating even when it's daylight.

(In real life I've seen kids Trick or Treating in the early afternoon even though it's still sunny out.)

Have the skies go dark when the Banners or Giant Monsters (Jack & Eochai) appear & when Zombie Invasions happen.

Maybe have increased spawns when the night cycle is up?

32 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

The event is fine as it is.  Please don't change it.

Disagree:

We need MOAR. Change it to add MOAR. MOAR HALLOWEEN

Like... Maybe set up alternative turn-ins for Costume Salvage. Or add some new "Person in a Halloween Costume" NPCs to the Trick or Treating. It'd be awesome if we hit a door to ToT and a kid came out the door as an ally and was under attack by the monsters and we had to save the kid!

Or, like, spawns of randomly wandering children in costumes just patrolling around Kallisti Wharf.

Is there any way to make a TINY DOPPLEGANGER? I'd -love- to do a Halloween Tip Mission where you rescue a kid dressed up like your character from bullies or supervillains using them as bait to lure you into a deathtrap? Could call the kid "Biggest Fan"

• Like 3