as some have said, i think the biggest problem with group fly is that outside of playing MMs, it doesn’t really have an identifiable use.

it’s whirlwind tier, yet more annoying 

edit: what about turning it into a rechargeable clicky and instead, it also effects enemies but causes them to bunch up due to swirling winds for 20s

Edited by MoonSheep

23 hours ago, Greycat said:

Can we talk about how ridiculous it is to necro a thread this old instead of making a new one?

Christ, people.  What's next, asking if the beta's going to run on your 8088? Responding to a newspaper article mentioning the Barbary pirates? Giving your opinion on that William guy from Normandy?

Thread wasn't closed.

It comes up when you google search about Group Fly.

Why make a new one that gets another 10 responses just to be forgotten for 4 years?

Why are you mad about me adding to an old thread that is still relevant lol?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Game Master

I suppose I could lock it if people want, but as @Raikao says it can still be relevant. I personally hate group fly and it happens so rarely I never thing to turn it off at Null. I was running a farm a few days ago where I had to tell the MM to turn it off as it was very disconcerting. Team/league leader rules apply in that situation. If they don't mind, use it. If they do turn it off. You generally can't vanish mid fight to go talk to Null because someone uses a certain power.

Edited by GM Crumpet
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

I suppose I could lock it if people want, but as @Raikao says it can still be relevant. I personally hate group fly and it happens so rarely I never thing to turn it off at Null. I was running a farm a few days ago where I had to tell the MM to turn it off as it was very disconcerting. Team/league leader rules apply in that situation. If they don't mind, use it. If they do turn it off. You generally can't vanish mid fight to go talk to Null because someone uses a certain power.

A voice of reason! How dare you!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hmm, perhaps an option for MMS (who mostly use this) where Group Fly is very definitely PETS ONLY.  Otherwise, sorry. It's not nearly as annoying as some other things, looking at you, Fold Space, and unlike Fold Space you can obviously do the Null thing, and it's on you to do it, not the player with Group Fly.

• Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

2 hours ago, Raikao said:

Thread wasn't closed.

It comes up when you google search about Group Fly.

Why make a new one that gets another 10 responses just to be forgotten for 4 years?

Why are you mad about me adding to an old thread that is still relevant lol?

As pointed out, some of the earlier posts in the thread were no longer valid since the power changed.  And I think your post was based on bad info as well since you mention radius and pets, but I'm not sure.   The valid part of your post was the caster should fly slower so that everyone can keep up with them.

14 hours ago, lemming said:

As pointed out, some of the earlier posts in the thread were no longer valid since the power changed.  And I think your post was based on bad info as well since you mention radius and pets, but I'm not sure.   The valid part of your post was the caster should fly slower so that everyone can keep up with them.

How so? As far as I know you still do not move the same speed as caster than everyone else. So your pets will fall out of the sky if you just move for a while.

And whatever, leave it shitty as it is then. I wont use it like it is. God forbid we make something better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, Raikao said:

How so? As far as I know you still do not move the same speed as caster than everyone else. So your pets will fall out of the sky if you just move for a while.

And whatever, leave it shitty as it is then. I wont use it like it is. God forbid we make something better.

Or be more civil? God forbid.

• Like 1

• Game Master
15 hours ago, Darmian said:

Hmm, perhaps an option for MMS (who mostly use this) where Group Fly is very definitely PETS ONLY.  Otherwise, sorry. It's not nearly as annoying as some other things, looking at you, Fold Space, and unlike Fold Space you can obviously do the Null thing, and it's on you to do it, not the player with Group Fly.

Yeah I was on a warshade the other day and the team leader asked people not to teleport the enemies away. I said sorry and he said "Oh it was you, carry on" 😛

Warshades need lots of enemies to get the best damage and defence. I was kind of in a warshade-lock as I think I was the most powerful team member except the team lead. I tried to go far enough forward that it didn't affect the other main damage dealer 🙂 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/19/2023 at 3:55 PM, Clave Dark 5 said:

Misread this as GIANT FLY and oh man, now I want that pet!

Maybe several of them. But once they inevitably get defeated we can point and laugh and say "your flies are undone!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

I would like to go on record and say I have used Group Fly on my Crabber and found the spiderbots vaguely horrifying when flying. Their bodies float in the air, but their legs hang straight down like they were some kind of robotic space tics. 

In seriousness though, it wasn't as useful on them as it is on MMs, as they shoot once then swoop into melee. So there isn't much point.

Personally I take group fly on some MMs, depending on the primary. Its good for robots and mercs, dubious usefulness on other primaries outside of certain circumstances like Hami. But outside of situations like that I consider Group Fly to be a power best used when solo, regardless of primary.

• Like 1

Funny I wasn't ever bothered by it because I had almost never seen it used, probably as much as Whirlwind, I never needed to see Null the Gull for it.  Then I read this thread then do a Numina Task Force with a Bots MM who pretty much had it on all the time and it totally messed me up.  I asked them to turn it off at least in mission and they did so, but damn.  When I got done I brought all 32 of my primary alts to Null to get it turned off.

• Haha 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Hate the MMS if you want, but you haven't lived until you and your flying formation of killbots swoop down on some foes.

(That said, I do not use it in missions)

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 minute ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Hate the MMS if you want, but you haven't lived until you and your flying formation of killbots swoop down on some foes.

Oh no I don't hate MMs, have 4 myself (not bots though).  But yeah, flying robots are like like freaking Robot Apocalypse Now with Wagner playing and Colonel Kilgore saying I love the smell of Pulse Lasers in the morning.

airbots.jpg

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)