New Costume Pieces Request

drgantz

I was looking for pictures of Wilma Deering today (she's the female lead in the Buck Rogers stories) and ended up on the Phicen figures page when I noticed they have this whole Egyptian god thing going on. (phicen.com)

Phicen-Figures.jpg

https://ibb.co/Pm7GThc

That bird guy on the left is Horus (Ra the middle and Anubis on the right), and it looks like we already have most of those pieces in the game. How hard would it be to allow using hair and helmets with the animal heads? Is it way too difficult to even try or perhaps merely tricky to implement? Because the crow head with dreadlocks is not something I would've thought of on my own but they look really cool here. And putting hats on my lion or wolf characters would be amazing.

Phicen-Figures2.jpg

https://ibb.co/VJzLwvh

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I didn't read through the whole thread so I don't know if it's been suggested before or not but it'd be nice to be able to use the rogue Arachno's emblem with the gash through it either on the SoA's or even any character.... or that mask the soldiers wear under their helmets

The Resistance Preatorian Clockwork with the worn and leaky parts would be nice too.

We got the Awakened gloves/boots why not the face covers from Mother Mayhems Seers or their tights?

I always thought a lot of the Crey tanks/Paragon Protectors/Scorpinoid costume pieces would work well for good back stories and character ideas... it's too bad I can't find the files for the costume parts I had converted for player use... those would be easy to add in.

Edited by LKN-351
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Everyone's talking about new costume pieces, and I agree, I'd love to see a million different things in the game.

But what could be more interesting, I think, is having more interactivity with what's already in the game. You know, if we have a belt with a gun on it, it would be nice if that gave us a special 'vanity' attack in game, where we pull those guns. Or, if we already have the firearm power, link those costume pieces to our weapons. So when we pull our guns out, the guns vanish from the belt until we put them back.

If we use a sword or some other sort of weapon, what if we could put that weapon on our hip or sheathe them on our backs? Or if we used the shield power, if we could have that on our backs if we so chose?

What I'm talking about would probably require like ten years of hard exhausting work, but it's still something I fantasize about.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 7:04 PM, LikeRacerX said:

But what could be more interesting, I think, is having more interactivity with what's already in the game. You know, if we have a belt with a gun on it, it would be nice if that gave us a special 'vanity' attack in game, where we pull those guns. Or, if we already have the firearm power, link those costume pieces to our weapons. So when we pull our guns out, the guns vanish from the belt until we put them back.

I'd love it if there was a "back piece", which basically placed your sword, axe, mace, or rifle on your back when not in combat.  Don't worry about any special animations - when not in combat, render the weapon on the character's back, and when in combat, make it invisible.  Heck, I'd even just take a static back option, and we can change costumes ourselves.  The same would be great for the various shield models,...

Edited by biostem
  • Like 3

On 10/21/2021 at 3:29 PM, rex monday said:

I'd love to be able to use Hero 1's shoulder/cape mantle thing. It's probably not a separate asset though. Or furry shoulders/cape mantles. You can get close with female barbarian stuff plus bolero but no male/huge options.

Actually, more body fur parts would be great. Not just skin texture, but large modeled fur for shoulders/arms/hands/boots. For playing feral werewolfy guys.

Spirit_of_Hero_1.jpg

I was just thinking of asking for wrap-around mantle pieces like this as a shoulder option, would definitely expand quite a few concepts.

Also since it's Hero 1, hopefully the broadsword version of Excalibur gets added sooner rather than later too. 😛

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have a request that might be possible -- a Mastermind pet set which uses the various rock shards from the Devouring Earth. I don't know if it's a straight port of the assets or requires more work, but I think it'd be cool.

Rubble, Geode Shard, Quartz Shard, Sardonyx Shard and Guardian Shard. They can use various of the new Seismic powers.

It would also be fun to have the Nemesis Jaegers as pets, but since there's only the one model, it would require more work to create new pets.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later

I would love to see a face option with the zipper mouth from either Vahzilok eidolons or the Servants from Praetorian Earth.

Oh, and speaking of Vahz-inspired pieces, I'd love to see versions of the "exposed brain" hairstyles that don't have that weird belt around the bottom. Oh, and let me color my brain!

Servant.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 9:13 PM, Raging Nova said:

Would love to be able to use the Arachnos/Praetorian clockwork upper bodies that's not missing parts of the torso/abdomen, the heads, and arms/gloves.

That's actually my favorite thing about those pieces, but having both options would be great. I'm not sure how hard it would be to create, but I'd actually like to see more body parts with missing sections like that. The most obvious idea would be skeleton body pieces.

• Like 2

How hard would it be to separate the various head details? I’ve always thought it was weird that horns and glasses use the same slot, for instance.

I wanted to make a guy with a blindfold and hat or hood, but those are mutually exclusive.

Is this stuff hard-coded because it’s how the game was originally set up, or can the art assets be assigned different slots? Can we have like 6 different details for different parts of the head and face? I think that separation of various head/facial “zones” would open up a lot of cool options.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trike said:

How hard would it be to separate the various head details? I’ve always thought it was weird that horns and glasses use the same slot, for instance.

I wanted to make a guy with a blindfold and hat or hood, but those are mutually exclusive.

Is this stuff hard-coded because it’s how the game was originally set up, or can the art assets be assigned different slots? Can we have like 6 different details for different parts of the head and face? I think that separation of various head/facial “zones” would open up a lot of cool options.

My understanding is that there are only a certain number of "slots" that costumes can be attached to.  That being said, why not duplicate the various head details into each head slot - sure, you could apply 3 different sets of glasses/goggles if you did this, but you'd also be able to do things like have horns and antennae at the same time...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, biostem said:

My understanding is that there are only a certain number of "slots" that costumes can be attached to.  That being said, why not duplicate the various head details into each head slot - sure, you could apply 3 different sets of glasses/goggles if you did this, but you'd also be able to do things like have horns and antennae at the same time...

Glasses on the forehead + glasses on face sounds awesome. Plus, it could be like ski goggles. And multiple horns? Yes please!

Also:

7-D78-B872-65-AB-40-DE-98-E1-099-DB42825

• Haha 3

All boots aside from the ones that are explicitly high heels should have a flat option, most especially spectrum. Why would you have giant heels if you’re an energy being? No woman can go into battle wearing some of these shoes.

This has been asked a million times, but please add all of the Sybil costume pieces.

For tops with skin, give females the option to have a buff physique. For example, they suddenly get defined abs with the Barbarian selection but make that look possible with all costume pieces showing skin. The Bodysuit Muscled options don’t look real at all.

Add tattered, leopard-print, and chainmail options for Bikini for Cavewoman, Shanna, Sheena, or Red Sonja type characters.

Add a “Tarzan” tattered or leopard-print loin cloth for both male and female.

Allow changing color to items that can’t change color right now like Office Belt.

For some hats, the hair colors need to be selectable separate from the hat colors. For example, if the Princess Hat is blue, then the hair also becomes blue.

The Tribal Spikes belt is really cool. Add a Chest Detail version of that and perhaps a Shoulders version too.

Not costumes per se, but please graphically round out shoulders and breasts, which can sometimes look abnormally blocky.

Thanks for listening to our input.

• Like 5

Three things:

Article 1 - Boobie bow

2021092903_Screenshot(139).png.ee6fc9270500ab699eb853b6ab6961f2.png

I like the ruffle texture and the fact it opens up below the waist which would, ideally, make pairing it with a skirt a great way to make a ballgown that DOESNT use Balereo.

Article 2 - B I G halberd

1067378331_Screenshot(138).png.ee6883851f813dd3bd5f5ce3b2c121fa.png 

Battle Maiden has this enormous halberd and it's super cool. Compare it to the one we get in Staff Fighting and prepare to cry.

Article 3 (no pic yet) - Labeux Pelvic curtain

In the Oroboros mission where you save the fashion show, a few of the runway models are wearing the Labeux belt, but THEIR version has cloth drapping between the legs (and I think the butt too, i didnt get a good look). Id share a screenshot but Id need a stalker or something since the area is populated with CoT who'd attack on sight, and upon defeating them the models all run away. I'll try to grab it later.

• Like 2

Resident certified baby

1 hour ago, Redletter said:

Three things:

Article 1 - Boobie bow

2021092903_Screenshot(139).png.ee6fc9270500ab699eb853b6ab6961f2.png

I like the ruffle texture and the fact it opens up below the waist which would, ideally, make pairing it with a skirt a great way to make a ballgown that DOESNT use Balereo.

Article 2 - B I G halberd

1067378331_Screenshot(138).png.ee6883851f813dd3bd5f5ce3b2c121fa.png 

Battle Maiden has this enormous halberd and it's super cool. Compare it to the one we get in Staff Fighting and prepare to cry.

Article 3 (no pic yet) - Labeux Pelvic curtain

In the Oroboros mission where you save the fashion show, a few of the runway models are wearing the Labeux belt, but THEIR version has cloth drapping between the legs (and I think the butt too, i didnt get a good look). Id share a screenshot but Id need a stalker or something since the area is populated with CoT who'd attack on sight, and upon defeating them the models all run away. I'll try to grab it later.

what is the mission name? 

On 12/27/2020 at 7:19 PM, CursedSorcerer said:

How about some traditional Arabian clothing?

Image result for Traditional Arabian Clothing Image result for Traditional Arabian Clothing Image result for Traditional Arabian Clothing Image result for Traditional Arabian Clothing Image result for Traditional Arabian Clothing

Milk Sheik and all those toons with dual blade scimitars who *aren't* Drizzt Do'Urden approve of this post.

While I'm here, can I add one more beast head idea? Gorilla. Whole lotta character concepts out of lab primates escaped after horrific experiments. You could have a whole SG of Planet of the Apes-like toons with one head model. Grodd can't have all the fun.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

10 hours ago, Milk Sheik said:

Milk Sheik and all those toons with dual blade scimitars who *aren't* Drizzt Do'Urden approve of this post.

While I'm here, can I add one more beast head idea? Gorilla. Whole lotta character concepts out of lab primates escaped after horrific experiments. You could have a whole SG of Planet of the Apes-like toons with one head model. Grodd can't have all the fun.

While we're at it, can I get some Nun Habits? I'd ABSOLUTELY rock the gun nun. Especially the obligatory SEXY gun nun.

• Haha 1

Resident certified baby

1 hour ago, Redletter said:

While we're at it, can I get some Nun Habits? I'd ABSOLUTELY rock the gun nun. Especially the obligatory SEXY gun nun.

I knew two nun characters on Live, both using a black hood as the closest you could get to a wimple. Pinnacle had Sis of No Mercy the broadsword scrapper, and Victory had Nun of the Above, the kinetics defender. If I recall, they went with miniskirts or plaited skirts, because, well, CoH female robes mostly stop at the waist. I was dismayed to find that females don't have the Japanese style for hakama/pantaloons the way male toons do. Not sure why, it doesn't seem like a complex piece.

• Thanks 1

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

3 hours ago, Milk Sheik said:

I knew two nun characters on Live, both using a black hood as the closest you could get to a wimple. Pinnacle had Sis of No Mercy the broadsword scrapper, and Victory had Nun of the Above, the kinetics defender. If I recall, they went with miniskirts or plaited skirts, because, well, CoH female robes mostly stop at the waist. I was dismayed to find that females don't have the Japanese style for hakama/pantaloons the way male toons do. Not sure why, it doesn't seem like a complex piece.

Ive tried that too. It looks... ok. the Talon hoods we have here are helpful too, even if they take colors oddly. As for the costume differences and variants, Im not too affected. Like, there's some things guys get the ladies dont get, and vice versa. It's tragic my fellas will NEVER be able to wear the labeux thong, but, it is the price they pay for being able to wear the almighty kilt.

• Like 2

Resident certified baby