Report Typos Here!

Widower

It's a really low-priority issue, but with the i27 change to make Ouroboros accessible from level 1, the list of zones at the Ouroboros portal at the back of Ouroboros lists the level range for Ouroboros as "15-50", and it should be '1-50' now.

19 hours ago, srmalloy said:

It's a really low-priority issue, but with the i27 change to make Ouroboros accessible from level 1, the list of zones at the Ouroboros portal at the back of Ouroboros lists the level range for Ouroboros as "15-50", and it should be '1-50' now.

I'd say that's working as intended. The displayed level range of a zone generally refers to what levels the content within requires (which usually correlates with enemy level, but obviously not here), rather than the level the zone is accessible at. The Pillar of Ice and Flame contact is only usable from level 15 onward, hence the 15, with six other contacts from 25 to 50.

Edit: Found a typo!

The new Super Group Registrar in Nova Praetoria. When talking to her without an SG, she misspells Praetoria as Preatoria. 

684556346_SGPraeTypo.jpg.f13bcb85e485387409c9fd6651731781.jpg

Edited by Aberrant
Added Praetorian SG Registrar typo

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

Just noticed this but in Shauna Stockwell's mission "Find Emily Rodriguez," if you look at the Anderson Construction Employee's bios, you'll see:

"These hapless workers are in danger, and that's just from their normal job working for Dr. Aeon."

Dr. Aeon isn't affiliated with Anderson Construction!

1 minute ago, CursedSorcerer said:

Just noticed this but in Shauna Stockwell's mission "Find Emily Rodriguez," if you look at the Anderson Construction Employee's bios, you'll see:

"These hapless workers are in danger, and that's just from their normal job working for Dr. Aeon."

Dr. Aeon isn't affiliated with Anderson Construction!

Definitely a Nemesis plot.

I try to get the High Pain Threshold Badge, it says in the image I need the Relentless Badge to get the Accolade, but when my character got all the badges including Relentless I

get nothing.  But, when I got the The Unbroken Spirit Badge like it says here https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/High_Pain_Threshold_Badge it finally gave me the accolade, so you need to change the text for the progress bar, so it does not confuse people.

High pain thresh.jpg

All references to the PTS in Cap (Marshall Brass's arc, RWZ mish from Serpent Drummer/Borea, and maybe more):

Not sure which is correct, but while all the mish text from various sources refers to the PTS as the Power Transfer System or Power Transference System, the signs on the actual mish map refer to it as the Power Transport System.

PTS.jpg

• Like 1

In Christine Lansdale's timed mission against Sky Raiders and Family, "Stop villains' leaders, their men", one of the Family gives this:

[NPC] Marcone Gunner: I hear ya, you're voice carries.

In this case, it should be "your voice". To explain: "your" is the second person possessive pronoun, "you're" is a contraction of "you are".

Clear as mud?

Tavish Bell, Steal gold from Arachnos to bribe Synapse, mish map entry pop-up:

'This is the warehouse that Arachnos is storing the gold doubloons they uncovered.'

^ is missing the word 'in'

Should be

'This is the warehouse in which Arachnos is storing the gold doubloons they uncovered.'

It's almost like they originally had the painfully constructed sentence 'This is the warehouse that Arachnos is storing the gold doubloons they uncovered in' but someone told the writers it's customary not to end a sentence with a preposition, so they just dropped it. :-)

46 minutes ago, Cinnder said:

Tavish Bell, Steal gold from Arachnos to bribe Synapse, mish map entry pop-up:

'This is the warehouse that Arachnos is storing the gold doubloons they uncovered.'

^ is missing the word 'in'

Should be

'This is the warehouse in which Arachnos is storing the gold doubloons they uncovered.'

It's almost like they originally had the painfully constructed sentence 'This is the warehouse that Arachnos is storing the gold doubloons they uncovered in' but someone told the writers it's customary not to end a sentence with a preposition, so they just dropped it. 🙂

I think it would be better to fix it using the word “where”.

This is the warehouse WHERE Arachnos is storing the gold doubloons they uncovered.

• Thanks 1

Television, Watch more Television, Briefing:

'I think everyone would just be happier if they ignored the rampaging mobs or atomic mimes, and stopped trying to blame people for creating and then accidentally unleashing them, or even for advising them to seek legal council'

should be

'I think everyone would just be happier if they ignored the rampaging mobs or atomic mimes, and stopped trying to blame people for creating and then accidentally unleashing them, or even for advising them to seek legal counsel'

Shadow Spider, Investigate Offshore Transmissions, Mish Debrief:

I'm reasonably sure that

'So Longbow is based out of Agincourt, but carrying out covert ops against Arachnos? Naughty girl. She's just given us the excuse to make an assault on Agincourt.'

is actually meant to be

'So Indigo is based out of Agincourt, but carrying out covert ops against Arachnos? Naughty girl. She's just given us the excuse to make an assault on Agincourt.'

My reasoning:

1) We already know Longbow is based in Agincourt

2) The just-completed mish revealed that Indigo is running operations out of Agincourt

3) The 'Naughty girl' comment

Warburg, Arachnos Technician, briefing:

'Warburg Rocket Program is designed to deliver on-demand warheads with mini-strikes that cause super-types many of problems.'

should be

'The Warburg Rocket Program is designed to deliver on-demand warheads with mini-strikes that cause super-types many problems.'

or perhaps

'The Warburg Rocket Program is designed to deliver on-demand warheads with mini-strikes that cause super-types all sorts of problems.'

Mender Ramiel, Alpha Slot arc, Speak with Lady Grey (after rescuing the Honoree):

'there are two paths towards the path of becoming a fully powered Incarnate'

should be

'there are two paths towards becoming a fully powered Incarnate'

Heather Townshend, Finale: Moment of Judgement:

If you choose to save only Sigil and let Kadabra Kill die, either the dialogue gets confused or they are ventriloquists, because you get...

Sigil: Augh!

Sigil: SIGIL! NO!

which I believe should actually be

Kadabra Kill: Augh!

Sigil: KADABRA! NO!

given that it's KK who is dying here.  

Blaster - Shockwave  power info 

" You can call forth a tremendous Shockwave that can knock down foes and deal some Smashing damage in a wide cone area. Damage: Minor, Recharge: Moderate"

This power does knock back.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

20 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

Blaster - Shockwave  power info 

" You can call forth a tremendous Shockwave that can knock down foes and deal some Smashing damage in a wide cone area. Damage: Minor, Recharge: Moderate"

This power does knock back.

That isn’t a typo. Knock down and knock back are the same thing just with different magnitude.

10 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

That isn’t a typo. Knock down and knock back are the same thing just with different magnitude.

No, knock back and knock down are not the same thing.

Knock down drops an opponent were they are located. 

Knock back kicks them away from you.

That's why there is a  knock back to knock down enhancement.

There are powers that just knock an opponent down. 

This one knocks them back away from you.

There is a huge difference.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Just now, UltraAlt said:

No, knock back and knock down are not the same thing.

Knock down drops an opponent were they are located. 

Knock back kicks them away from you.

That's why there is a  knock back to knock down enhancement.

There are powers that just knock an opponent down. 

This one knocks them back away from you.

There is a huge difference.

Literally they are. The reason the kb to kd enhancements work is because they are the same status effect but with different magnitude.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Literally they are. The reason the kb to kd enhancements work is because they are the same status effect but with different magnitude.

I just think it should be clear in the description if the power actually knocks someone down or knocks them back.

It makes a difference during power selection.

I know it is written like that on many power, but I don't think that is an excuse for not being clear that the power "... can knock back foes.." verus "...can knock down foes..."

Being how the game tends to be played at this point, it makes more sense to have a proc that turns knockdown into knockback versus the other way around.

As that change hasn't happened, these powers obviously should state that they have knock back and not knock down.

image.png.7a1b7738b72d57e5b70c2d3258bdc224.png

Should be "Your objective".

image.png.d07e1a3113d6d4e75dc9da0a41689fbe.png

Should be "I'm actually a big fan".

Edited by Take One

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora