Report Typos Here!

Widower

Could be all Catch 22, like Major Major!

• Like 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Provost Marchand, New Praetorians, Arc 2 - text to click to accept mission:

'We're on it.  Tell me where one of the hotspots are.'

should be

'We're on it.  Tell me where one of the hotspots is.'

It's just one hotspot the player character is requesting.  Verb should agree with the subject of the sentence, not the object of the preposition.

Provost Marchand, New Praetorians, Arc 3, Defeat Maestro - if you don't complete objectives before Pendragon is defeated he says:

'My apologies, but Nosferatu has bested me.'

but he was fighting Maestro, so it should be

'My apologies, but Maestro has bested me.'

Edited by Cinnder
typo

I think this is one of those lines nearby NPCs say when you've completed a mission/arc recently. I assume it's related to the Fat Cat City arc from Basse Croupier in St. Martial. I was running that for Ouroboros badges. I was standing in the Golden Giza near Hard Luck when I spotted the NPC chat.

[NPC] Pasquale: I saw this guy partying with the Carnival who looked like that troublemaker politician from the mainland. Maybe he's got an evi

Looks like the text is truncated.

Angus McQueen, Division: Line arc, end of arc debriefing:

'She worried that if the Restructurists could restore contact with the Rikti home Earth, they would likely be given free reign to continue on Earth until they achieve victory.'

should be

'She worried that if the Restructurists could restore contact with the Rikti home Earth, they would likely be given free rein to continue on Earth until they achieve victory.'

The expression doesn't have to do with royal rule; it's from horse-riding.

Angus McQueen, Catch a hostile infiltrator in the Rikti before he can return to the Council, mish briefing:

'However, I was never able to act against him without loosing my own cover.'

should be

'However, I was never able to act against him without losing my own cover.'

• Lead Game Master

Got this from another user:

"Raid the Banished Pantheon lair!", a villain alignment mission, says in its description that the Banished Pantheon has a cave with the artifacts in Sharkhead Isle. Yet once accepting the mission, you are directed to Cap au Diable to find the cave. This makes no sense. The simple fix is to change the mission description so that the cave is described as being in Cap. The complex fix would be to ensure that the door for the mission spawns in Sharkhead to match the description.

Tl;DR, mission text gives the wrong location.

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

What about typos that aren't actually typos, just completely wrong? The Broken Mind exploration badge in Underground Imperial has the following text:

"Deep beneath the Mother of Mercy Hospital, the moans of misbegotten Seers echo through these forgotten corridors. Their sorrow seeps into the minds of those who hear them, disrupting thought and disturbing the emotions. Tarry too long and your mind shall be broken as theirs"

Except the Mother of Mercy Hospital is in First Ward and nowhere near where this badge is.  Okay, obviously it was initially meant to be I'd say, because it's under the BAF and the BAF probably wasn't the original intention, rather the Asylum was.  Except the badge text got overlooked.  So I'd suggest a change in text for that to echo that it is the BAF that is above it.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Sunstorm, Rescue Lillian Issan from whatever trouble she's found, mission acceptance:

'Since Lillian will assume the role of Shadowstar one day, she takes it upon herself to go beyond her job as a reporter and dig into the plans of the our enemies.'

should be

'Since Lillian will assume the role of Shadowstar one day, she takes it upon herself to go beyond her job as a reporter and dig into the plans of our enemies.'

Sunstorm, Investigate the Cargo Ship, mission map entry pop-up:

'A growing shadows seems to gnaw at the interior of this lurching vessel.'

should be

'A growing shadow seems to gnaw at the interior of this lurching vessel.'

Also, mission debriefing:

'With all the destraction and destruction caused by their attempted coup of the Council, no one saw it coming.'

should be

'With all the distraction and destruction caused by their attempted coup of the Council, no one saw it coming.'

Edited by Cinnder
Found more

Maria Jenkins, The Final Chapter: Rescue Positron -- when rescued Posi says:

'I think we've not been taking the Praetorian threat serious enough.'

should be

'I think we've not been taking the Praetorian threat seriously enough.'

Unai Kemen, Get data from last dimension, mission entry pop-up:

'Tina Macintyre couldn't tell you who you'd face in this unexplored dimension'

should be

'Tina Macintyre couldn't tell you whom you'd face in this unexplored dimension'

Maria Jenkins - 'A Hero's Epic' - Her final speech.

"...Positron sent his early prototype armor to you. He believes that you were insturmental in stopping a Praetorian invasion, something he and the Freedom Phalanx couldn't have done without your lead...."

Should be 'instrumental'

So, ah, I'm not calling out anyone in particular here - we've all done it - but it's usually worth searching the thread for your typo before reporting. There's more than one occurrence of "insturmental", but this is about the fifth time it's come up (and presumably if anyone fixes these they'll just grep every string in the game for known misspellings...)

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

Zone: Dark Astoria, Incarnate content
Arc: "Burdens of the Past"

Mission Contact: Heather Townshend

Mission: 4.1.5 Finale: Moment of Judgement (wiki ref: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Heather_Townshend )

Error: At the final room, when given a choice to save either, both, or none of the heroes, if the "let them both die" option is selected, the Banished Pantheon start their dialogue and end up shouting multiple times: "The weight of sin cannot be beared!" This is a grammatical error. The correct phrase should be: "The burden of sin cannot be borne!"

One wonders if this was intentional torture on the part of the Paragon Studios writing team....

Unai Kemen, Save the carnies from the Praetorians, mish briefing:

'They are the Praetorian version of our very own Carnival of Shadows, and they are major players to the Resistance against Marcus Cole'

should be

'They are the Praetorian version of our very own Carnival of Shadows, and they are major players in the Resistance against Marcus Cole'

This here entire clue: 

image.png.5a6e7d9c5e02f43259c01cea1fa99e98.png

It's very weirdly written, not just the "This is email message is from" but then the bulk of the clue kind of repeats itself. It would probably be best if the sentence that starts with "I have stumbled upon" is simply removed, along with the sentence following it that ends with "a computer at a Crey office".

Edited by Take One

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora