Homecoming Screenshots Thread

2 hours ago, Greycat said:

Old Origin titles... title bars? Title graphics?

Oooo when origins meant something more.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Still think this is just a gorgeous environment, generally bare though it is...

screenshot_210515-20-29-06.jpg

• Like 4

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

This was extremely difficult to screenshot, because it's a "blink and you'll miss it" thing. I finally managed to grab most of what I wanted, but it's still not all there.

Amidst the green clouds of whatever that is during Circle of Thorns rituals, you can spot a ghostly skull/face rising in the middle of it:

110164570_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_12.10-16_15_40_08.jpg.8a32d3dc1da8759e2a5e85a833fca0cb.jpg

There's a gaping mouth at the bottom, not visible in this shot - the whole face vanishes almost immediately after the mouth becomes visible, so I had to "anticipate" a bit before I hit my screenshot key. Took four tries to get this much.

I don't know how many of these rituals I've run past without ever noticing it. I only spotted this one because I'd stopped to bust up another nearby ritual, and happened to be facing this direction when the face flitted across my vision.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Another sad victim of the Kronos Titan GM ambush in Founder's Falls:

mandyfloat2.thumb.jpg.fa5354a7d71997de9901e06a4e8bcf9d.jpg

mandyfloat1.thumb.jpg.12c6d2036438b7b7fbc523e4ba4a9070.jpg

EDIT: Kinda weird how one camera angle makes it look like she's somehow planking on the surface, but another angle makes her appear to actually be underwater.

Edited by RikOz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

Ran into an interesting problem last night. I was on my main character, Flaminatrix, and something went wonky when she entered the police station in Peregrine. She basically fell partway through the floor, and could see everything underneath. I couldn't see her at all, because the camera went weird as well, but judging by her line of sight, she must have looked like a head sticking out of the ground (if anybody else could see her). She exited the police station, and the problem persisted outside, and even after going into her SG base. I tried logging her out and back in, but that didn't fix the problem. So I logged her out again, and logged in a different character, only to discover that the problem persisted across characters. The second character was in City Hall, and I grabbed a couple interesting screenshots.

Looks like most everything is mirrored underneath. Probably because of the highly-polished floor with its fake "reflections":

stuck1.jpg.75b6cec61675c5b073a64f00aa3320bf.jpg

This one is looking straight down into the "reflection" of City Hall's dome, and it looks pretty cool:

stuck2.jpg.eb3106ee4760c3901851790b63c9d148.jpg

Anyway, logged the first character back in, and she was still stuck. Fortunately, quitting the game and then relaunching fixed the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/20/2021 at 10:05 AM, Trike said:

Is that your base or somewhere in the game?

On 12/20/2021 at 10:35 AM, Glacier Peak said:

That's in game. Access it via the door underneath the Ski Chalet Lodge in Pocket D.

That's the Winter Forest. In addition to the access point noted by @Glacier Peak you can access it via the Tunnel System, those glowing swirly things next to several train stations (I suspect they're redside as well, but I don't recall where.  Maybe the ferries?)

EDIT:  The Tunnel System only offers access during the during the holiday season. The rest of the year, you'll need to use the wood-in-rock door under the ski chalet in Pocket D.

If you've never been, I recommend visiting.  I wish more players knew of it.  There's vendors and an auction house guy there, but the real treasure is the characters of a number of players who've passed on. 

image.thumb.png.596f804507806682f4500cdf55554657.png

Edited by Techwright