Patch Notes for January 28th, 2020

The Curator

• Developer

Powers

• Brute Melee > Battle Axe > Cleave: Max targets reduced from 10 to 5
  • Scrapper Melee > Battle Axe > Cleave: Max targets reduced from 10 to 5
  • Tanker Melee > Battle Axe > Cleave: Max targets reduced from 16 to 10
  • Tanker and Brute inherent taunt procs now generate a combat message for the caster, to help determine if the taunt proc is currently working.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed several client crashes reported through the Homecoming Crash Handler
  • Fixed Adamastor summoning ritual not actually summoning Adamastor
  • Fixed a bug with many special encounter enemies failing to telegraph their moves or spamming abilities they should not be using all the time (for example, Marauder spamming Nova Fist without warning)
  • Fixed scripting issues in The Magisterium iTrial
  • Fixed scripting issues in the Dilemma Diabolique iTrial
  • Fixed an issue that caused cutscenes to not play
  • Fixed scripting issues with the Propaganda event
  • New characters should no longer see a "SILENT" popup upon first login.
  • Invention > Build Snow Beast: should no longer show as a PString in mail attachments.
  • Invention > Sentinel ATOs should no longer show as a PString in mail attachments.
  • Fix issue with AltGr causing the A key to clear text boxes.

Powers Bug Fixes

• A strange Fury power should no longer show up in the Brute enhancement slotting screen.
  • Fix bug where Brute PunchVoke was not triggering on aura powers.
  • Fixed some procs that had their chance erroneously increased to 100% in the last patch. List of procs affected:
Spoiler
  • Avalanche > Chance for Knockdown
  • Energy Manipulator > Chance to Stun
  • Kinetic Combat > Chance for Knockdown
  • Might of the Empire > Damage/Recharge/Chance for Knockdown
  • Overwhelming Force > Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • Ragnarok > Chance for Knockdown
  • Stupefy > Chance for Knockback
  • Fixed some powers that had their chance to knock back and control effects erroneously increased to 100% in the last patch. List of powers affected:
Spoiler
  • Blaster_Ranged.Archery.Explosive_Arrow
  • Blaster_Ranged.Psychic_Blast.Psionic_Tornado
  • Blaster_Support.Ninja_Training.Golden_Dragonfly
  • Brute_Melee.Electrical_Melee.Jacobs_Ladder
  • Brute_Melee.Katana.Head_Splitter
  • Controller_Control.Ice_Control.Artic_Air
  • Corruptor_Ranged.Psychic_Blast.Psionic_Tornado
  • Defender_Ranged.Dual_Pistols.Hail_of_Bullets
  • Defender_Ranged.Psychic_Blast.Psionic_Tornado
  • Dominator_Control.Ice_Control.Arctic_Air
  • Epic.Psionic_Mastery.Psionic_Tornado
  • Epic.Psionic_Mastery.World_of_Confusion
  • Epic.Psionic_Mastery_Domingator.Psionic_Tornado
  • Epic.Psionic_Mastery_Domingator.World_of_Confusion
  • Incarnate.Hybrid_Silent.Control_Stun
  • Peacebringer_Defensive.Luminous_Aura.White_Dwarf_Flare
  • Peacebringer_Defensive.Luminous_Aura.White_Dwarf_Strike
  • Pets.Bomb.Time_Bomb
  • Pets.Bomb_Controller.Time_Bomb
  • Pets.Bomb_Defender.Time_Bomb
  • Pets.High_Explosives.High_Explosives
  • Pets.High_Explosives_Tech.High_Explosives
  • Pets.Longbow_Heavy.Grenade
  • Pets.Longbow_Heavy.Plasma_Blast
  • Pets.Mine.Trip_Mine
  • Pets.Phantasm.Energy_Torrent
  • Pets.Phantasm.Power_Bolt
  • Pets.Stone.Hurl_Boulder
  • Pets.Tech_Lab_Damage.Explosion
  • Pets.Traps_TimeBomb_Defender.Time_Bomb
  • Pets.Traps_Trip_Mine_Controller.Trip_Mine
  • Pets.Traps_Trip_Mine_Defender.Trip_Mine
  • Pets.VillainBomb.Time_Bomb
  • Pets.Villain_Mine.Trip_Mine
  • Pool.Fighting.Kick
  • Pool.Leaping.Jump_Kick
  • RoguesGallery.Colleague.Power_Burst
  • Scrapper_Melee.Katana.Head_Splitter
  • Sentinel_Ranged.Archery.Explosive_Arrow
  • Sentinel_Ranged.Psychic_Blast.Psionic_Tornado
  • Tanker_Melee.Katana.Head_Splitter
  • Temporary_Powers.Temporary_Powers.Alt_Holy_Shotgun_Shells
  • Temporary_Powers.Temporary_Powers.Holy_Shotgun_Shells
  • Temporary_Powers.Temporary_Powers.Invention_Sledgehammer
  • Temporary_Powers.Temporary_Powers.PPD_Grenade_Launcher
  • Temporary_Powers.Temporary_Powers.PS_Antimatter_Electron_Haze
  • Temporary_Powers.Temporary_Powers.SC_Adv_Assault_Rifle_Slug
  • Temporary_Powers.Temporary_Powers.SC_Arachnos_Shotgun
  • Temporary_Powers.Temporary_Powers.SC_Arachnos_Shotgun_Frag_Grenade
  • Temporary_Powers.Temporary_Powers.Sawed-off_Shotgun
  • Temporary_Powers.Temporary_Powers.V_Shivan_Haze
  • Temporary_Powers.Temporary_Powers.V_Shivan_Strike
  • Villain_Pets.Traps_TimeBomb.Time_Bomb
  • Villain_Pets.Traps_Trip_Mine.Trip_Mine
  • Warshade_Defensive.Umbral_Aura.Black_Dwarf_Strike
  • Warshade_Offensive.Umbral_Blast.Dark_Nova_Blast
  • Warshade_Offensive.Umbral_Blast.Dark_Nova_Detonation
  • Warshade > Dark Nova: Default color theme activation was not triggering the transformation fx. This has been fixed.
  • Some Kheldian powers were usable while shape-shifted even if the power icon was disabled. This has been fixed.
  • Pool > Grant Invisibility: This power's effect would completely cancel out in combat, requiring buff being re-applied. Now the buff only suppresses in combat, and returns automatically after 10 seconds out of combat, so long the buff has not naturally expired.
  • Sentinel > Willpower > Up To The Challenge> fixed terrible grammar.
  • Incarnate > Lore > Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally: Recharge buff should no longer be resisted by player recharge resist buffs.
  • Sonic Attack > Shockwave: Tooltip no longer states -Res. This power has never had -Res.
  • Staff Melee > Sky Splitter: Self Buffs should no longer be affected by the level of the target.
  • Staff Melee > Precise Strike: Brute version should no longer list twice that it accept Taunt enhancements.
  • Dominator > Energy Assault > Bone Smasher: Energy Focus debuff should now apply to the target, not the caster.
  • Dominator > Electricity Assault > Voltaic Sentinel: Fixed a bug where the pet was ignoring enhancements.
  • Impervious Skin > Status Resistance, +Regeneration:  Text now clarifies the regeneration rate bonus is unique.
  • Arachnos Soldiers and Widows > Tactical Training: Assault: Fixed an issue where their version of this power was not granting Taunt/Placate resistance.
  • Pools > Sorcery > Arcane Bolt: Should no longer knock foes back.
  • Dual Pistols > Hail of Bullets: Fixed a bug where Lethal DoT chances where being calculated up front instead of on every tick.
  • Inherent > Rest: Should no longer spam the user with Phase messages.
  • Mastermind > Pain Domination > Painbringer: This power had a 1% chance of knocking down a buffed ally. This has been removed.
  • Dual Pistols > Fixed a bug where Standard Ammo Only effects were applying under all Ammo types and Toxic Rounds would do nothing.
  • Mastermind > Beast Mastery > Fixed a bug introduced in last patch where the pets attack chains were not working as designed.
  • Tanker > Electric Armor > Power Sink: Should no longer state it grants the tanker Rage.
  • Tanker Melee > Katana > Sting of the Wasp: Power description no longer shows Ice Melee power description.
Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 12

7 hours ago, The Curator said:

Staff Melee > Sky Splitter: Self Buffs should no longer be affected by the level of the target.

Yessss! I have tested that while this is mostly how it was being affected even versus even level enemies it would not always have the proper buff values, and even against higher enemies it would r was randomly have me at capped regen/recovery on rare occasions. Since there was something wrong with the code maybe that's fixed now too. I'll be testing and report back!

• Like 1

Thank you for all the bug fixes but I have one teeny weeny point to make. Why nerf Battle Axe? It’s an already an underplayed set and inferior to War Mace so why stomp on the poor guy more? Seriously that’s just upsetting :(

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Zetade said:

Well its not fixed in this round of patching.  I just logged on and tested it.

Do you mean burn still causes MOBs to flee? If so, perhaps there's a further issue. I notice this fleeing behavior on many DoT powers I had not seen triggering this behavior before.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, nihilii said:

You guys work so fast we don't even have the time to exploit fun bugs (100% KD procs). Seriously though, great job!! 😄

It was a heckuva lotta fun the past weekend using Fireball with Ragnarok for guaranteed knockdown and Avalanche in Soul Drain for same.  Combined with my storm powers, I don’t think I’ve actually killed anything while it was standing in several days now.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

Do you mean burn still causes MOBs to flee? If so, perhaps there's a further issue. I notice this fleeing behavior on many DoT powers I had not seen triggering this behavior before.

I thought this was “fixed” internally per CP?  Just not in this patch release?  Or not going to be patched like...ever?

• Developer
48 minutes ago, KeepDistance said:

I could have sworn that trip mine always knocked back all opponents. Are you sure this was a bug?

I actually don't want the knockback in this power so I don't mind, but it looked off.

Of the top of my mind (might be missing Trip Mine and Time Bomb) it has an 80% chance.

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

Wow! So thankful for all this hard work! I know there was a lot and you have to prioritize your time and that balancing a game with ~ a thousand base powerset/class combinations is a complicated dance  (Maybe some of us should try a little more patience) but this was a lot of stuff to get done!

Some people were mentioning increased harassed behavior as of the patch of pineapple, and I'm sure you're hear more about it if it's still happening, but just wanted to say my crew greatly appreciates your responsiveness, speed, and hard work. I have faith any minor inconveniences caused by the balance changes will be ironed out and was surpised that things I mentioned only a day or two before the patch went live got picked up and corrected! Didn't even see that kind of response rate when the original game had a full team!

p.s. "corrected terrible grammar made me laugh" XD

Edited by AngelKofsky
Terrible grammar
  • Like 2