Patch Notes for January 28th, 2020

The Curator

59 minutes ago, HelenCarnate said:

Does the scattering happen if people are at or below the aggro cap?  Or is it mainly when people are past the aggro cap?

I'm wondering if the runners drop aggro and the extras end up being aggroed by the new taunt mechanics so the runners keep on running as they are now the ones past the aggro cap?

Just before this patch the scattering was happening to me on several AoE DoT, from 5-16 foes.

I'll be testing tonight as mentioned.

I'll also be testing the taunt -range, as I posted in feedback that on my tank foes are not moving to melee when taunted, staying put at range and ignoring the debuff on range.

2 minutes ago, PeterDutcherJr said:

Since this morning's patch, whenever I enter my base, I am stuck inside of the base portal. Typing /stuck does not free me from it. I am able to leave the base, or enter base edit mode to get free, but since I do not grant base editing to all members, this is an issue.

I guess the first question would be if anyone else is experiencing this issue?

(also posted in help and support)

I've had that happen before this patch - I fixed it by rearranging the entrance room to the base. Since you can clip items in the base editor, that's also a way to get out.

5 minutes ago, PeterDutcherJr said:

Since this morning's patch, whenever I enter my base, I am stuck inside of the base portal. Typing /stuck does not free me from it. I am able to leave the base, or enter base edit mode to get free, but since I do not grant base editing to all members, this is an issue.

I guess the first question would be if anyone else is experiencing this issue?

(also posted in help and support)

Happened to me 4 months ago once.

To fix,

I went into base, opened editor and moved the portal near the wall in the entry way. Then I exited editor, logged out and back and went in to the base and because I had moved the portal, I was no longer stuck. I then opened editor and moved it back, cuz I like where it was, and have had no issues since.

1 hour ago, HelenCarnate said:

Does the scattering happen if people are at or below the aggro cap?  Or is it mainly when people are past the aggro cap?

I'm wondering if the runners drop aggro and the extras end up being aggroed by the new taunt mechanics so the runners keep on running as they are now the ones past the aggro cap?

It happens when I first drop Burn when I run into a fresh group of enemies.  1-4 of them per group scatter the first time I drop Burn, and almost every time, they eventually do run back to me.  Occasionally, like every third group or so, I'll have 1 that runs away but doesn't come back to me: it stays out at range or returns to its spawn point (if I've moved away).

I even tried jumping to 2 or 3 different groups to see what happened past aggro cap.  Mobs not aggroed just ignored me, even as I was dropping Burn.  But as soon as a previously aggro'ed mob died, then they would react as if aggroed.  Most stayed, while a few fled and returned.

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

11 minutes ago, siolfir said:

I've had that happen before this patch - I fixed it by rearranging the entrance room to the base. Since you can clip items in the base editor, that's also a way to get out.

Same.  I had this happen back in the olden days and fixed it simply by moving the entrance then moving it back.

OK, I've noticed a bug in the new patch, and it is a new bug since I didn't see it yesterday. It seems that in task forces the difficulty setting chosen by the leader sometimes defaults back to +0 instead of what was set. I ran a market crash this morning at +2. The first two missions ran at that difficulty with mobs of level 52-53. We got into the final mission and everything was level 50. I was lead on my lvl 50 character with the difficulty set at +2. I did not switch that. I was first one into the last mission.

Later on, me on a different character and someone else running a Yin TF, we did the first two missions where the enemies were lvl 25 (lead was a 50 exemplared down). When asked if we could up the difficulty by someone, the lead stated that it was already set on +2. Upon entering the last 2 missions the difficulty setting was apparently as set, and we were fighting 27s.

Edited by drbuzzard
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, The Curator said:

Fixed a bug with many special encounter enemies failing to telegraph their moves or spamming abilities they should not be using all the time (for example, Marauder spamming Nova Fist without warning)

does this mean i can retake my cloning facility now?

it does. 😁

Edited by shlominus
i answered my own question ;)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Williwaw said:

... "Domingator"?  There's a new character idea....

Not even a typo on their part; it's really like that in the game files!

• Haha 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

2 hours ago, HelenCarnate said:

I just did some further testing. Aggro cap is not part of the equation. It’s also not tied to Burn solely. Even with just a few mobs (6-8), some will break aggro and flee from *just* Blazing Aura or *just* Irradiated Ground. Add them together and the runners increase. Add Burn and it gets even worse.

There’s no way that I could perform any tanking activities on a team like this. And before someone points out that Brutes aren’t Tankers, Brutes were the tanking analog for CoV so they should be able to perform those activities albeit in a different manner.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

So yep still getting wayyy more than normal scattering even with blazing aura on, the power description isn't even listing it taunts. Can confirm so far though that the Sky Splitter bug does seem fixed though.

Taunt not showing up in power information is a known issue and a result of moving the taunt part to a global proc instead of it existing in each power.

9 minutes ago, Griffyn said:

Even with just a few mobs (6-8), some will break aggro and flee from *just* Blazing Aura

I specifically tested that with my Spines/Fire Brute, and did not notice any fleeing mobs with just Blazing Aura alone.

• Like 1

@Rathstar

7 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

I have a fix for this now, but for the time being:

Next time you face this, try de-toggling Blazing Aura and give it 12 seconds (exactly, or more) and reactivate it. The proc gets granted every time you zone, within 10 seconds of zoning. If Blazing Aura is running already, the proc wont trigger until its deactivated and re-activated. There is also an additional issue with timing even if it applies, so that might not fix the issue, but might alleviate it.

Ideally: zone into missions with Blazing Aura turned off for now.

Cap, just an FYI as I know you're busy; I've been testing other AoE's as well and MOB behavior is a significant increase in "harassed" regardless of AT or set. As soon as several DoT Rick, they scamper. For example, I used the AoE on a katana scrap, they ran. I had to chase them all down. On a sentinel, Whirlpool causes them to run, and geyser missed many. And then most ran and it takes much longer to run them down. On a SS tank, door stomp and they flee, I taunt and they don't return to melee.

Just a few examples, I'll test tonight and post specifics.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

I have a fix for this now, but for the time being:

Next time you face this, try de-toggling Blazing Aura and give it 12 seconds (exactly, or more) and reactivate it. The proc gets granted every time you zone, within 10 seconds of zoning. If Blazing Aura is running already, the proc wont trigger until its deactivated and re-activated. There is also an additional issue with timing even if it applies, so that might not fix the issue, but might alleviate it.

Ideally: zone into missions with Blazing Aura turned off for now.

Edit: BTW, *this* issue is different from the last one, and also affects Tankers.

Would this affect all taunt auras or just Blazing Aura?

• Like 2

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

I mostly farm Twisted Visage exemplar fire farm which is set on the space map. The enemies are set for high perception and insane aggro. If they see you they attack. I have noticed that my health goes down somewhat quicker because some of the mob runs away (not all) and are replaced by new ones, so instead of a steady stream of enemies that stay in burn and have to recharge their attacks I'm getting more attacks per minute than I used to. Even at soft cap with resist and defence there is a chance of some damage getting through so the sheer number of attacks increasing has increased the likelihood of some of them making their to hit roll. Since the patch it's not as bad, but I've gone from being able to AFK if I need to, to having to keep an eye on my health more. It's not game breaking, but it's certainly a wrinkle to make it just that little bit more challenging. I haven't tried Briggs farm, so I don't know how it is on there, but Twisted's has you surrounded by practically every enemy on the map.

1 hour ago, Rathulfr said:

I specifically tested that with my Spines/Fire Brute, and did not notice any fleeing mobs with just Blazing Aura alone.

Update: I specifically did what Cap asked and turned off BA before entering the mission, zoned in, then turned it back on.  Using BA only (no Burn), 1 or 2 mobs per group are indeed running away and then coming back.

(edit)

BA only: I've seen as many as 4 at a time run away and come back.

(edit2)

Quills only: no runners.

Burn only: 4-6 runners.

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

• Developer
32 minutes ago, skoryy said:

Would this affect all taunt auras or just Blazing Aura?

All auras.

Edit: there are a few exceptions, like Invincibility, that continue to have a weaker internal taunt on top of the inherent taunt. Those technically work right now, but they still are subject to the bug.

Edited by Captain Powerhouse
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

15 hours ago, The Curator said:

Warshade > Dark Nova: Default color theme activation was not triggering the transformation fx. This has been fixed.

I am unreasonably excited about this. I thought it might have been intentionally removed because of people complaining about the screen shake or something that it induces.