For the Hoard

Vea

Do you hoard any in-game items? Reward merits? Emp Merits? Biomorphic Goo?

Invention salvage is pooled so not too impressive if you have 9999 sapphires.

Share your hoard!

@Vea/@Vae/@Vew - You can call me V.

Currently i am hoarding enhancers a few hundred globals procs atos and expensive sets in my alt only SG base

my main hoarder is my slow levelling every redside mission and badgerAlt who is currently  level 34  This character does all my marketing and inventing (badges) currently 284 enhancement converters (max was 1600 during Synapse week) 1346 reward merits (wanting to see how far the number goes up i spend my other alts merits for converters) and have transferred over Empyrean merits for when he does finally 50 (132)

Badges, duh.

• Like 2
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

3 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

Nothing for me. I sell everything be it salvage, recipes or anything else. That way if I want something I just go buy it instead of looking through boxes of garbage laying around in my SG base

I love this idea in theory, but the packrat in me just won't let me do for everything. I hold on any purple recipes that I get with the idea that I'll make an alt that will need them.

14 minutes ago, Hardship said:

I love this idea in theory, but the packrat in me just won't let me do for everything. I hold on any purple recipes that I get with the idea that I'll make an alt that will need them.

Ill just craft it and sell it. If I end up needing it for an uncreated alt in 3 months ill rebuy it for marginally more money that I sold it for, the prices for these things is pretty stable, all you are losing on is the auction house tax

Edited by Seigmoraig

19 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

Ill just craft it and sell it. If I end up needing it for an uncreated alt in 3 months ill rebuy it for marginally more money that I sold it for, the prices for these things is pretty stable, all you are losing on is the auction house tax

Well one of my issues is i spend everything i have (there is always a new alt) if i have a hoard if standard procs globals and my go-to sets in the base it is smoother for me during alt-madness fits

On live I made a point of keeping a collection of at least one of every bit of inventory/salvage (including the legacy ones) items that were available in game in my base.

"Horded" is not really the right word, but on HC (like many others) I was collecting candy canes (via AE before the nerf) well before Christmas and I then started to sell them the week before the event... I was surprised just how many people where willing to paid 15M each for them.

16 hours ago, Snarky said:

Well one of my issues is i spend everything i have (there is always a new alt) if i have a hoard if standard procs globals and my go-to sets in the base it is smoother for me during alt-madness fits

You do you Boo, just seems to me that if you sold all that stuff you would have more inf to buy the stuff on the alts when you needed it.
I just can't stand rummaging through boxes of crap when I can look through a sorted interface on the /ah

Edited by Seigmoraig

16 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

You do you Boo, just seems to me that if you sold all that stuff you would have more inf to buy the stuff on the alts when you needed it.
I just can't stand rummaging through boxes of crap when I can look through a sorted interface on the /ah

Then i would pay “buy it now” prices on everything. Most of my stuff i buy over a period of days. When i create a new Brute experiment i am not going to wait days before running them. 

also most of my hoard is from abandoned experiments. After a while i save the costune strip the enhancers and delete

Inspirations.  I was always certain I'd need them for the next spawn.  However difficult a fight seemed, I couldn't convince myself to use inspirations, because the next one might be harder and I had no guarantee of the "right" inspirations dropping later.  All of my characters clung to their starter inspirations until I could buy the more powerful versions, at which point I'd clear the tray and stock a specific selection "just in case I need them", then let those gather dust until the next tier became available.

I've done this in every game with consumables that I've ever played.  Regardless of availability, I just can't bring myself to "risk" using them.  I'm always absolutely certain that I'll regret using what I have because it means I won't have them "when I really need them".

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

Inspirations.  I was always certain I'd need them for the next spawn.  However difficult a fight seemed, I couldn't convince myself to use inspirations, because the next one might be harder and I had no guarantee of the "right" inspirations dropping later.  All of my characters clung to their starter inspirations until I could buy the more powerful versions, at which point I'd clear the tray and stock a specific selection "just in case I need them", then let those gather dust until the next tier became available.

I've done this in every game with consumables that I've ever played.  Regardless of availability, I just can't bring myself to "risk" using them.  I'm always absolutely certain that I'll regret using what I have because it means I won't have them "when I really need them".

I used to do this a little bit as well, now I just have the right hand column reserved for a rez if needed. I keep an awaken, a break free, and a catch a breath -- I replace each with a bigger version if it drops.  I try to use the rest of them often -- especially if running solo.