Numina,Miracle and Panacea OH MY!

Nafsmar

Most of mine just get the Panacea proc, and a common end mod plus Peformance Shifter end mod and proc in Stamina.  I'll add Miracle if that's not enough and they don't have any end recovery powers like Consume.  I rarely use Numina, only when slotting a full set into a squishy for the defense bonus, or going for lots of regen.

• Like 1

My characters are usually concerned with endurance so Miracle/Numina are a given.  Regeneration isn't nearly as high on my list for most characters so it's a "use if I have an extra slot without a better home" thing.

Regen is useful on a high HP melee character so I try to fit it in there if I can without sacrificing other elements of the build.  All my characters are a balancing act and slotting this frequently means doing away with that... everything's a tradeoff.  More regeneration or more defense or more resistance?  It all depends on the character and what's the most useful.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

I'll echo a few others, Panacea is far and away the best recovery proc you can put into health,  Miracle is a distant second if you need more yet still.  I rarely bother with numina, the recovery is pretty minimal and the regen rarely amounts to much on most characters.   

2 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Builds with lots of recharge often use higher end attacks more.  

I've noticed my levels 40-49 builds where I have the rec uniques but not purples nor perma hasten tend to have the least End issues.

Truth. I'm one of those folks that usually takes hasten on builds. But the when of it really depends, because it can make existing end issues much more prevalent early on. Same with other sources of recharge.

I don't know if this is the 'best', but I will minimally use:

Health: Panacea +HP/+End

Stamina: Performance Shifter +End

If I have a healing power, I will usually multi-slot Preventative Medicine (including Chance for +Absorb)

Of the other Recovery or Regeneration procs: I will at most consider Numina: +Regen/+Recovery. The Miracle proc simply doesn't offer enough and I don't think it is any build. I can almost always use that slot elsewhere for a minor Endurance bonus (End cost discount, Recovery,  or +End) or I could just multi-slot Stamina for set bonuses, or simply slot another power with Endurance discount.

Like others, I am superstitious about the Endurance bar in a way I am not about my Health bar. Both exist to be used, and for almost all builds I would rather have the chance for additive Health/Endurance rather than a minor amount of extra Regeneration/Recovery.

OK to simplify all three can be slotted but most of the time only one (panacea) is needed. I want to review my end build as this is a character I play a lot and take out any wasted slots and possibly transfer them to other powers where I can get more benefits or more procs. Thank you all for the advice. I also do you have the performance shifter proc and one end mod on my blaster as well. Endurance is never a problem. 

Can someone explain how the  pancea and peventative medicine procs work for the unititiated?

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

On 2/28/2020 at 2:47 PM, Call Me Awesome said:

My characters are usually concerned with endurance so Miracle/Numina are a given.  Regeneration isn't nearly as high on my list for most characters so it's a "use if I have an extra slot without a better home" thing.

Regen is useful on a high HP melee character so I try to fit it in there if I can without sacrificing other elements of the build.

But what if regen is *THE* element of the build?  I reference my invuln tank with +360% regen.  It was amazing.

Personally, I'll put the Performance Shifter proc in most builds.  If I'm doing a build where I use all or most of each IO set, that typically puts in a decent amount of END reduction.  The problems occur with some sets that really use END because they run a lot of toggles (e.g. Dark Armor) or their powers just recharge fast (my Fire corrupter uses a lot of END).

Another issue is if I'm building for a lot of +recharge like on my stone/stone tank or my earth/rad controller (perma Hasten and perma AM).  The tank's END is fine when he's running Granite but that's less than 5% of the time.  The rest of the time he's running a ton of toggles and his powers recharge really fast.  For these guys, I had to do serious recovery boosting.  They have EVERY proc to boost recovery plus whatever set bonuses I could squeeze in without compromising other things too much.

Also worth noting: the Perf Shifter proc is NOT a unique.   Everyone has the Stamina power.  If you also have Quick Recovery, Physical Perfection, etc, you can slot more than one proc (my stone tank has two).  The Numina, Miracle, etc, procs *ARE* uniques.

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 3/3/2020 at 10:06 PM, Ironblade said:

But what if regen is *THE* element of the build?  I reference my invuln tank with +360% regen.  It was amazing.

Personally, I'll put the Performance Shifter proc in most builds.  If I'm doing a build where I use all or most of each IO set, that typically puts in a decent amount of END reduction.  The problems occur with some sets that really use END because they run a lot of toggles (e.g. Dark Armor) or their powers just recharge fast (my Fire corrupter uses a lot of END).

Another issue is if I'm building for a lot of +recharge like on my stone/stone tank or my earth/rad controller (perma Hasten and perma AM).  The tank's END is fine when he's running Granite but that's less than 5% of the time.  The rest of the time he's running a ton of toggles and his powers recharge really fast.  For these guys, I had to do serious recovery boosting.  They have EVERY proc to boost recovery plus whatever set bonuses I could squeeze in without compromising other things too much.

Also worth noting: the Perf Shifter proc is NOT a unique.   Everyone has the Stamina power.  If you also have Quick Recovery, Physical Perfection, etc, you can slot more than one proc (my stone tank has two).  The Numina, Miracle, etc, procs *ARE* uniques.

If you're building for Regen then your priorities may be different.  I usually build most melee characters for defense/resistance/endurance sustainability/recharge and then look to other things afterwards.

For example, my Fire/EM blaster is built for endurance and recharge, followed by Ranged defense and finishing up with +to hit... I'm still running the same build I had when fast snipe needed massive tohit bonuses.  My Elec/Shield Stalker is built for Defense, endurance and recharge sprinkling in some to hit and a dash of regeneration.  My Illusion/Radiation controller on Live I built for recharge, recharge, endurance and a bit of recharge... I was looking for 205% in global recharge bonuses to get perma PA.  My Inv/Stone tanker is built for defense, resistance, endurance, recharge and regeneration as a byproduct more than anything else, with my current build there's very little in the game that's dangerous enough to require me to hit Dull Pain and I've yet to get in a situation where I was in serious danger of faceplanting.

For many characters regeneration isn't a major focus but some burn a LOT of endurance so I need to cover that requirement. 

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

On 3/3/2020 at 12:38 PM, Peacemoon said:

Can someone explain how the  pancea and peventative medicine procs work for the unititiated?

Procs require the power they are in to be activated in order to work. In a click power, they go off once with every click. In a passive power or active toggle, they continuously pulse on once every 10 seconds per target. Certain pseudo-pet powers will inherit the proc and if they fire off for a set duration, the Proc has a chance to pulse several times (once every 10 seconds) during that period.

• Procs which are labeled Proc120s will work for 120 seconds in a click power. They are always on in a Passive power. In a Toggle power, they turn on with the Toggle is turned on and turn off when the Toggle is turned off.
  • 120s or Proc120s always activate when the power they are in is activate; there is no "Chance to" on them.
  • Obviously, if you are exemplaring and the power the Proc is in is greyed out, then you can't get the benefit of the Proc. However, the upside of Procs is that they continue to work even if you exemplar way below their level. E.g., a level 50 Stealth in Sprint will work even if exemplared to level 10.

Basically the PROC will "go off" regularly, giving your character health and End outside the normal recovery process.

21 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

May have been mentioned, but there are some oddities. The Preventative Medicine +Absorb proc functions even if stuck in a click or toggle that is never activated.

Thanks Bill. I was wondering about that for my heavies