REROLLED

Ironscarlet

See the source image

Just wanted to here everyone BEST and Worst rerolls

MY Best

Spine/Ice Brute to Spin/Ice Scrapper.

Gained better T9 in Bastion and with scrapper ATO and complementary rotation gained a huge damage buff. Became my main by accident.

MY Worst

Psi/Bio Stalker to Psi/Rad Stalker.

Thought I was being smart what I did was overthink. Left a smooth build for a clunky build. Rad armor long cast ruins the rotation. Its not a bad character its just not the best at anything stuck between ST elite play and AOES proc monter a confused combo. That everytime I play it I wasn't to reroll a scrapper version because the small boost from beta decay you loose in stalker will bring all the AOE + proc monster together. Everytime I play the combo I want to cheat on it by rerolling ( thinking no more alt, no more)...….. 

Whats your Best and Worst?

Edited by Ironscarlet
  • Like 1

I've never thought to reroll characters, I just give up and move on to another. 

Then again, I have rerolled two toons from the olden days of yore (and only two), and I think I did change up what they were.  I know neither of them had gotten far on live, although they were from near the end, but in today's world they easily made it 50.  There's no reason why, but they're the two "Fox"es listed in my sig.  I think I just liked the costumes.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, MunkiLord said:

I rerolled my Elec/SD Brute from when HC just started to a Scrapper and it was like night and day. That combo for Brutes is underwhelming to say the least. On Scrappers it is a ton of fun. Once I feel like playing the combo again, I'm gonna reroll it as a Stalker and it will be even more amazing.

Didn't you reroll to Blackbox Marketeer of UFC last night?

• Like 1

BEST reroll: Fire/Regen Sentinel to Fire/Rad Sentinel.

I rolled the first one when the public servers first came up, played for the 3-4 days or so to level 20ish before the servers went boom. When Torchbearer rose from the ashes, I decided to go with Fire/Rad, to try a secondary I had no experience with (and also because the absorb mechanic confused me on Regen).

I leveled her incredibly inefficiently, using Blazing Blast which at the same time was bugged and did as much damage as Fire Blast with THREE times the recharge and twice the end cost. Then wasting all my empyrean merits from veteran levels on IOs (I didn't know about converters, and the market was fairly bare).

Then I gradually learned about Sentinel epics thanks to @Sunsette and others. I embraced the Musculature/Ageless/procs paradigm over the Spiritual + Barrier/Rebirth I was used to. Through about a dozen respecs and finetuning over months, she became my favorite toon to play on both Live and Homecoming.

I managed to solo every TF in the game under Master rules, save for Dr Khan / Barracuda. She can take on every faction on +4/x8 without missing a step. Still blows my mind. It's as close to a zero to hero journey I've ever had in this game, the sharpest power curve from starting a character to completion.

The one small regret I have is that Fire/Rad is a bit of a FotM combo, if you look at Sentinel stats. I *know* I picked her powers in complete isolation from the playerbase, so it's a bit vain of me to be bothered. But I can't help but think if I picked Elec Blast instead (which is just as strong as Fire Blast on Sentinels, although in a slightly different way), I would have ended with a character just as enjoyable but much more unique.

WORST reroll: so many to choose from. Perhaps Fire/MM Blaster to Fire/TA blaster. I didn't actually reroll the character, just made a new alt. The idea was to use a procced out Electrified Net Arrow as a valid part of the attack chain, and make a fully ranged AV soloer. But in practice, ENA is rather *intense* graphically, and I just can't make the GFX work in a way to fit any concept I care for.

Edited by nihilii

The best must have been a Rad/Bio Brute to a Rad/Bio Scrapper. Devastating Blow was pretty uninspired on a Brute having no special synergy. On a Scraper it has extra crit chance and the Critical Strikes proc (which I -still- don't have a clear idea if it fires when the power fires, thus the power is included in the proc time, or if it fires -after- the animation and thus the power it is used on is not included in the proc) made using it more palatable. Ultimately the uber long animations on the set turned me off something fierce.

I'm currently trying a Rad/Ice Brute but the long animations are definitely working against me once more despite having decided not to take Devastating Blow this time around. It's level 29 and I'm already ugh. Ice is incredibly end hungry to the point Energy Absorption is part of my rotation, which works fine since it recharges fast, and Rad is super slow and hungry as well (-another- toggle, why not?). I'm thinking of re-rolling to DM/Ice Brute instead since my peeve with Ice is the lack of a reliable self-heal. Until the DM changes hit I'm probably just shelving the idea along with my first DM/Shield. Leveling with an AoE that only hits two enemies is not fun.

• Like 1

The only reason I can see to reroll is if the character doesn't fit the sets, be they bad or good. I've never rerolled a character that did fit its powers though I have deleted them at 50, though that was largely as a space saving option back in the day.

• Thanks 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

I've only ever rerolled two characters (one of which was discussed in detail in another thread).

1) Unarmed Wombat - from claws/SR to MA/SR at about level 20 after someone pointed out that having claws wasn't really "unarmed".  Took him to 50.

2) Dr Smacky - MA/regen.  Rerolled again and again and again as the same sets.  This is the character I used back in the day for meeting new players.  I'd play him through the early content, up to about level 14, then delete and reroll.  I must have rerolled him 12-15 times.  This was back when there was no Death From Below and people actually RAN MISSIONS through the early levels.

Edited by Ironblade

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

The one pictured as my avatar is a Shield/Stone reroll of the original Stone/Energy tanker that was and is my chat handle.  So much more mobile, and while currently lacking the early AOE of Energy, definitely is so much more maneuverable.

I tried rerolling him after he turned 30 to Stone/Electrical Melee, but Rooted was killing my zen, so I rerolled him back to Shield/Stone, and left all the Influence behind.  Roughly about 36M, at least, may have been more.  So, best and worst reroll all at the same time.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

With the new PA pet options, I rolled an ill/sonic troller and ran her through goldside.  She is now 22 or 24 or some such and boring as hell.  I am going to have to reroll her but not sure what to.....staying with troller and powersets I haven't already got (have grav/nat and mind/pain).

Any suggestions for my third troller, Saga of Souls?