Most Survivable?

Chalkarts

I'm looking to make a character for soloing.

I want it to be a heavy knockback character.

Not the most efficient but flinging enemies makes me laugh.

I also hate dying, so Blaster is kinda out.

I'm looking at Sentinal with E-blast,  

Is there a better highly survivable knockback expert than an E-blast sentinel with Willpower?  

A controller with storm summoning should be pretty safe. Of course it depends on what context you play in but if enemies are locked down, debuffed and/or scattered to the winds then not a lot of attacks are coming your way.

Force fields give more direct defence while also having a lot of knockback so that's also an option.

Edited by Blastit

7 hours ago, Chalkarts said:

I'm looking to make a character for soloing.

I want it to be a heavy knockback character.

I'm looking at Sentinal with E-blast,  

Is there a better highly survivable knockback expert than an E-blast sentinel with Willpower?  

Your Question: Solo, KB a lot, Sentinel: Energy Blast/Willpower.

Answer: Corrupter: Energy Blast/Force Field. 

Survivabillity: At low levels you wont have Sentinel's /Willpower ability to regen/solo and therefore squishier, but at high levels when you reach softcap defence for all positions, you will stay alive. 

KB: /Forcefield has 2 KB powers (Forcebolt, AOE KB toggle that costs extra end per enemy).  Forcebolt is the highest knockback Mag in the game.  /Forcefield also has that AOE repel that everyone loves/hates.

Energy blast: Energy blast

• Like 2

Energy blast sucks.  The claim that blasters aren’t survivable is wrong.  It’s an investment but you can make a very survivable blaster... or any toon.

Energy blast on a sent is even worse.  Almost unplayable.

The topic is most survivable but you’re looking for KB and not effective in many other ways.

Energy blast, Forcefield defender or corruptor with personal force field and phase shift.  Maybe rune of protection and hibernate as well (if defenders get hibernate).

You should fight against a team size of 8 if you want to get the most enjoyment out of KBing enemies.

• Haha 1

A Willpower tanker with either War Mace, Battle Axe, or Super Strength as a secondary could slot for knockback while being quite tough.  Kinetic Melee is also an option, as is Ice Melee if you enjoy watching mobs flop around helplessly.  All of these combos are also available for Brutes, and most for Scrappers.  They will be more than adequately tough and kill stuff a bit faster. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Please do not overlook the blatantly obvious. The most fun character ever

Super Strength Willpower Brute

DO TAKE the power every power-builder skips

Hand Clap.  With Hand Clap and Footstomp tou are turning mobs into popcorn kernels in the microwave.  They have no idea where they will end up but it has nothing to do with where they thought they were going

it does boatloads of damage

it is not the most survivable character out there. But it is in the same neighborhood 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Snarky said:

DO TAKE the power every power-builder skips

Hand Clap.  With Hand Clap and Footstomp tou are turning mobs into popcorn kernels in the microwave.  They have no idea where they will end up but it has nothing to do with where they thought they were going

Indeed.  Now in i23, knockback was counterrproductive on a willpower character because of their weaker taunt aura.   For a soloist that never was an issue.  Now that taunt auras have been equalized on Homecoming, there's no reason not to. 

Again, if the OP isn't so much fond of knockback as much as he enjoys the mess it makes. Ice Melee is also worth considering.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

6 hours ago, Heraclea said:

A Willpower tanker with either War Mace, Battle Axe, or Super Strength as a secondary could slot for knockback while being quite tough.

I love my WP/SS tanker, he does great AoE knock UP (because I slotted for it) with Foot Stomp and the Ascended AoE knockup too.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

18 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

Energy blast sucks.  The claim that blasters aren’t survivable is wrong.  It’s an investment but you can make a very survivable blaster... or any toon.

Energy blast on a sent is even worse.  Almost unplayable.

Energy blast sentinel here and I rock the socks off enemies... terrific fun and strikes a wonderful balance between damage and survivability (insane).

Everlasting
Light Star character series
Twink character series