Not actually an insane request! Honestly.

Darmian

There's also the insane instance that if you manage to get Vetrano as a contact for the Save Imperial City mission she tells you she doesn't talk to people from an alternate dimension! I'm sorry, what? I met you on a barge in a sewer ages ago and we're both Praetorian! Ah!

• Like 3

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

21 hours ago, Zepp said:

I would suggest that Cimerora be considered to be a portion of shared history prior to the two dimensions separated.

Think it should be.  However no Time Travel stuff works for Praetorians ATM

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Darmian said:

There's also the insane instance that if you manage to get Vetrano as a contact for the Save Imperial City mission she tells you she doesn't talk to people from an alternate dimension! I'm sorry, what? I met you on a barge in a sewer ages ago and we're both Praetorian! Ah!

Yeah I got that too.   

23 hours ago, Greycat said:

Which itself doesn't quite work lorewise. There are *so many* little differences in there. There's no mention of Kheldians, for one, meanwhile there was the Path of the Dark here (and SHadowstar in Ancient Egypt, reinforcing the Kheldian thing.)

There is no Council and there are no Nictus to go back and make an offer to Romulus.

And really, no group with the tech or clout to go back and change things other than the Praetorian leadership - and if *they* did it, I think they'd be more interested in stopping Hamidon before the whole mess got started. (Well, some. I mean there's the whole idea of gaining or losing position and power, which itself would be an interesting bit of story, but rather unrelated to Cimerora.)

If the Praetorians, for whatever reason, went back to their Cimerora, they'd ... have a Roman colony. Essentially the whole framework that puts the Cimerora plan into motion (and alters our own past, slightly) is just not there.

I've not re-run the Praetorian arcs yet but does any Praetorian lore include alternate dimensions? Outside of the hole between Primal and Praetorian Earths?

Edit: Tina Macintyre's arc relates to an invasion by Anti-Matter called "The Praetorian War" that existed prior to Going Rogue, but was updated with the release of GR.

So what's to say there hadn't been other incursions by Anti-Matter. Perhaps the labs were under First Ward and were cut off when Hamidon attacked.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

2 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

I've not re-run the Praetorian arcs yet but does any Praetorian lore include alternate dimensions? Outside of the hole between Primal and Praetorian Earths?

Infernal is from another dimension, and Praetorian Infernal is supposed to be from another another dimension, but he's the one signature Praetorian that got virtually no new content with Going Rogue or subsequent expansions, so it's really vague and unclear what his deal is.

3 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Edit: Tina Macintyre's arc relates to an invasion by Anti-Matter called "The Praetorian War" that existed prior to Going Rogue, but was updated with the release of GR.

So what's to say there hadn't been other incursions by Anti-Matter. Perhaps the labs were under First Ward and were cut off when Hamidon attacked.

As I'm recalling, that was still after an initial foray *there* by Primal explorers. Not something they initiated. Even with the original arc.

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

I’m confused.  Wouldn't a higher level character from Praetoria know all about Primal earth?  Why wouldn't they visit?

That's like avoiding portal corp missions because ya’ know, I'm from primal earth.

• Thanks 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I agree! Absolutely. One of the mechanics of taking the crossover mission though is you stop being Praetorian effectively. You have "naturalized" as a primal earther. Your contacts no longer recognise you, not even to say sorry, I have nothing more for you to do.

As an aside some other 50s have stuck a comic note on me such that if a team fails an MO challenge it's Kameron's fault. She was obviously on the enemy's side!

• Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

11 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

The reworked Anti-Matter Army arc from Tina has Praetorians travelling to a couple of different dimensions with speeded-up time.  They also know about Warrior Earth, which you visit in A Hero's Epic.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

1 hour ago, Darmian said:

I agree! Absolutely. One of the mechanics of taking the crossover mission though is you stop being Praetorian effectively. You have "naturalized" as a primal earther. Your contacts no longer recognise you, not even to say sorry, I have nothing more for you to do.

As an aside some other 50s have stuck a comic note on me such that if a team fails an MO challenge it's Kameron's fault. She was obviously on the enemy's side!

Now I get it.  I'm a +1 to adding Cimerora to the Praetorian Midnight Mansion.  I've never played Gold-Side except through Orouborus

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

15 minutes ago, justicebeliever said:

Now I get it.  I'm a +1 to adding Cimerora to the Praetorian Midnight Mansion.  I've never played Gold-Side except through Orouborus

I think you're missing out, not having played Gold side.

If you want to experience all the story arcs for Resistance and Loyalists, you can do so through judiciously turning off XP and turn-coating. Gold side is definitely geared towards experienced/veteran players as the mobs tend to be more difficult or at least ramp up more quickly.  That Resistance and Loyalists both have two factions; moderate and extremists/militant, makes it even more interesting. Add double-dealing into the mix... recipe for interesting times.

There were players that made it to L50 in Legacy prior to First/Night Wards being added so you could only level by teaming with other Praetorians that hadn't yet immigrated to Primal Earth. If we (Praetorians) could get a path to Cimerora, then their journey is almost complete. After all, there are still iTrials. How gratifying do you think it would be for a L50 Resistance fighter to take down the BAF?

• Like 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Absolutely gratifying! (Says the loyalist!) And the i-trials are listed for us once we hit 50. As is Cathedral of Pain and SBB. Though I've only done the SBB as getting people to gather only in Praetoria or PD can be like herding cats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Darmian said:

Absolutely gratifying! (Says the loyalist!) And the i-trials are listed for us once we hit 50. As is Cathedral of Pain and SBB. Though I've only done the SBB as getting people to gather only in Praetoria or PD can be like herding cats.

Good to know you can participate in iTrials.

Sadly it seems not.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 1

Well as far as I know I can. There's plenty of things I thought I could do but can't. The ITF is one of them! 

12 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

I sure hope not. Besides Arrow starting it, Arrowverse just sounds better than Flashverse. 

Well ever since Flashpoint we technically had been living in Flashverse since we saw some things changed in arrow such as the gender of Johns child. Basically every character( cept super girl who was already in her own alternate earth) was a different version of the characters we had known prior to Flashpoint. Cept I guess the Legends, which Ill be honest I never warmed up to and only watched now and then for the cross over episodes.

And really I hated it being called Arrow instead of The Green Arrow. And the almost constant pseudo batman plotlines like the league of shadows what not. Rather glad Arrow is over frankly, only good thing it did was act as a jumping off point for Flash.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

Well ever since Flashpoint we technically had been living in Flashverse since we saw some things changed in arrow such as the gender of Johns child. Basically every character( cept super girl who was already in her own alternate earth) was a different version of the characters we had known prior to Flashpoint. Cept I guess the Legends, which Ill be honest I never warmed up to and only watched now and then for the cross over episodes.

And really I hated it being called Arrow instead of The Green Arrow. And the almost constant pseudo batman plotlines like the league of shadows what not. Rather glad Arrow is over frankly, only good thing it did was act as a jumping off point for Flash.

Oh yeah, Arrow definitely had it's issues. I think it just sounds off because Flash is only one syllable. Barryverse sounds better to me. 

And I think you're missing out on Legends. The first season was terrible, but after that it became a fun and highly entertainmening show that embraced it's ridiculousness. 

7 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

And I think you're missing out on Legends. The first season was terrible, but after that it became a fun and highly entertainmening show that embraced it's ridiculousness. 

Too true.  As it got sillier, it just got better!  Even "entertainmening"

• Like 1

Arrow succeeded I think because Stephen Amell connected and continues to connect with the fans. 

Just now, Darmian said:

Arrow succeeded I think because Stephen Amell connected and continues to connect with the fans. 

I agree that Stephem Amell was an amazing choice, and that he brought a lot of comic book passion to the project.  I think that's also what helped it succeed - it was really willing to pay homage to it's comic roots without falling into the trap of either trying to move everything from the comics directly to the screen, but also not just grabbing a name for a name's sake.  Except for Jean Loring.  Not sure why they used her name in the show given the baggage the name carries.

5 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

Oh yeah, Arrow definitely had it's issues. I think it just sounds off because Flash is only one syllable. Barryverse sounds better to me. 

I watched a fair bit of season 2 of legends and didnt hate it but just didnt get into it. I had hopes when they brought on Constantine, as Id enjoyed that series, but aside from some bsica behavior he barely seems the same character from that series, and I see him as an alternate timeline version of the one I enjoyed years ago. The current season is way to movie spoof of the week type of vibe which for me is causing way too many bad flashbacks to the worst era of Sliders, in which the writers used the that same crutch. Also just way too much relationship drama. I really do not care about who is hooking up with who etc and frankly hated all the Felicity/ollie drama on Arrow as well. I actually would have preferred Felicity going over to Team Flash as I thought her actress and Barry's had good chemistry on screen. Even if it would of had to end up going platonic as Iris and his relationship is etched in comic lore.

Hell Titans which I love, still suffers that some especially with Hawk and Dove. Im hopeful with them being no longer a couple that if we get a season 3 it picks up the steam it sometimes felt missing due to their sub plot.

In fact the only comic themed show atm I like that is heavy on character relationship drama is Doom Patrol.

• Like 1

I think we've wandered!

• Thanks 1

Anyway, after all our digression my request stands, however the in game/story fudges it 🙂

• Like 1

I rather like the original request; Kameron's struggles to get to 50 as a goldsider have provided some interest in server chat. Also, suggest a goldside mission in 40-50 where Black Swan requests your assistance in dealing with Positron's incursion into her domain, which ends with you capturing him. 🙂

Edited by thunderforce
  • Like 1

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

On 4/10/2020 at 1:46 AM, MunkiLord said:

I sure hope not. Besides Arrow starting it, Arrowverse just sounds better than Flashverse. 

Better for a Superhero Verse, true. 

Not Better for some weird Rule 34 thing, though.  

• Haha 2