Make Mayhem Missions More Rewarding

I brought this up ages ago too. It is really dumb that robbing a bank gets you not even ONE single origin enhancement. Not to mention that Mayhems, especially low level ones when powers are lacking slots, are some of the toughest missions in the game with full teams. Those ambushes just go forever (almost), and its easy to get stuck in a cycle of death, going to jail, breaking out..only to find about 500 Longbow coming into the jail to kill you..again? Kinda dickish move to be honest!

Mayhems (proper ones, not from the unlockable contact) should give more money, perhaps scaling with team size. Even a reward table with cash/SOs/other stuff.

• Thanks 1

More rewarding? You mean smashing up everything in sight isn't enough? 🙂

As far as SO enhancements - meh, but I believe you can get them *depending on side missions.* I think it's pretty much done for parity with blue side (who got theirs afterward, after all.)

That said, some reward merits, a reward table, something like that would not (IMHO) be out of place - on either side.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I am disappointed.

This thread SHOULD have been:   Make Mayhem Missions Materialize More Money!

But in all seriousness, yes.   It would be great to have Merits or a Reward Table for Mayhems (and Safeguards).  Unlocking Contacts is a bit of a chore, so some extra incentive would go a long way to help provide encouragement to go through the process, rather than just hit the "Find Contact" button and doing the same "free" Contacts over and over.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

The Temp Powers are from the side missions, and are shared from the same pool between Mayhem and Safeguards.  They're certainly nice to have, but their limited use and randomness

I believe they're referring to the temp powers you get from the primary mission.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

1 hour ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

Oh, god.  Yes, of course!   Those are even MORE limited.  So much so, that I forgot they even existed.

Would be nice if they could be refilled.  Or did SCoRE/Homecoming fix that, and I just haven't noticed yet?

I don't know if they stack, but several are available elsewhere (plenty of jetpacks at P2W... I *think* the jump pack too? I'm forgetting the others.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

If completing bank mission temps are only one time obtainable, they could just be made not that.

Not that I think the bank missions really need much else though.

Edited by Monos King
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

But in all seriousness, yes.   It would be great to have Merits or a Reward Table for Mayhems (and Safeguards).  Unlocking Contacts is a bit of a chore, so some extra incentive would go a long way to help provide encouragement to go through the process, rather than just hit the "Find Contact" button and doing the same "free" Contacts over and over.

Maaaaybe one merit per run?  Or a higher reward that's capped at once per day?  They're infinitely and instantly repeatable missions that take very little time to complete.

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

15 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

Maaaaybe one merit per run?  Or a higher reward that's capped at once per day?  They're infinitely and instantly repeatable missions that take very little time to complete.

What was the rule of thumb the Live Devs used?  Didn’t they base number of merits based on average completion time?  

I’ve never really tried a speed run, but I’d imagine a well played solo build could run through three paper/radio missions and a safeguard/mayhem in 10-15 minutes.

Who run Bartertown?

So, 1 Merit per minute?  Something like that?

Given the three to five Newspaper missions to get there . . . 

Yeah, Yomo's estimate of 10 to 15 minutes sounds good for a speedy attempt.

So, 10 to 15 Merits for regular Mayhems.

3 to 5 for the Instant Mayhems from Lord Schwingalingadingadongalongawhateverhisnameis?

Just thought of this:

Since we're robbing banks, give us the real money (inf) as reward. that would make it more immersive, more lucrative, and more attractive to do mayhem missions. make them harder: bigger heist = bigger risk yielding bigger rewards. say you're robbing a bank with a target of 10mil inf. sometimes it's there, sometimes you find a cache of rare salvage instead (safety deposit boxes), sometimes you just missed the armoured truck pick up, sometimes they upgraded the safe and you need X powers to crack it; or you only have 2-3 mins to rob the bank before scores of heroes come to the rescue -- doesn't matter if you're solo or an 8-man job. it's a bank robbery, you're robbing it. the "law" won't go easy on you.

if this is done right, mayhem missions will be the new inf farm. don't do the same for safeguard missions. If a safeguard is successful, they get either a small token reward or a simple "thank you for being the hero you are"... now get out of my bank before you attract more villains 😃

17 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

What was the rule of thumb the Live Devs used?  Didn’t they base number of merits based on average completion time?  

I’ve never really tried a speed run, but I’d imagine a well played solo build could run through three paper/radio missions and a safeguard/mayhem in 10-15 minutes.

You can run any of the mayhem or safeguard missions as many times as you like from Lord Schweinzer or Agent Hassell.  It's probably less than a minute in and out, especially for the safeguards where you only need to speed to the bank and defeat the villains as they spawn.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

As much as I would appreciate Merits from Safeguard/Mayhem Missions, once the appropriate contact is unlocked it would be trivial to speed run these for Merits. Blue side I believe all the Safeguards are launched from a truck next to the contact; Red side involves more travel across Cap Au Diable (to submarines, ships) IIRC.

Does the game recognize the difference between mathem from brokers an d mayhrms from lord swchinger?    If they do then different merit values for each.   Like 15 from newsbroker, bur only 2 from lord swchinger.

• Like 1