What is the point of Scrappers????

Mo'Fire

Y'know technically we could look at the internet archive time machine website and browse the old forums from around the time AE was released and see if we can figure out what OP is talking about. 

Of course I'm using "we" in the same sense that my wife uses it, which actually means "someone who is not me".

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Neogumbercules said:

Y'know technically we could look at the internet archive time machine website and browse the old forums from around the time AE was released and see if we can figure out what OP is talking about. 

Of course I'm using "we" in the same sense that my wife uses it, which actually means "someone who is not me".

If the OP wants to supply that evidence, great.

You know, I do recall the nerf. It was pretty clear that scrappers were merely strong, and not pretty. And everyone knows a "pretty" thug is not taken seriously. So they made them pink with flowers using peace signs for weapons riding unicorns, just to ensure they were pretty enough to ensure they were not taken seriously.

I have to say, my wm/bio/moonbeam scrapper agrees, she is definitely too pretty do hurt things.

11 hours ago, Neogumbercules said:

Look back throught the thread.  I posted the patch note log for the entirety of the live game.  The simple fact is that the OP is delusional.  

On 9/14/2020 at 6:53 PM, ABlueThingy said:

Isn't there an "Elude" mechanic in PVP?  Maybe that's what the OP is talking about?

You know what it did have something like that been to long and I did not pvp in this game and I remember it went through a big re-work basically killing off a large portion of the pvp population.

Edited by hejtmane

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

2 hours ago, hejtmane said:

You know what it did have something like that been to long and I did not pvp in this game and I remember it went through a big re-work basically killing off a large portion of the pvp population.

It's something weird and mathy.  Like how they're actually two kinds of accuracy.  "Accuracy" and "To-hit" and one modifies the other. 

I think the point was Defense worked on Accuracy but Elude worked on To-hit.  So if they had 50% acc and you 45% def you'd have a 5% chance to get hit.  But if they had 20% to-hit that gave a 20% boost AFTER the def was applied getting them to at 6% chance to hit.  ie, you're taking 20% more hits.  But Elude-- Elusivity! that was it.  If you had 20% Elusivity you could tank their to-hit to 0. Which would get you back to 5% chance to get hit.

Something like that?

1 hour ago, ABlueThingy said:

It's something weird and mathy.  Like how they're actually two kinds of accuracy.  "Accuracy" and "To-hit" and one modifies the other. 

I think the point was Defense worked on Accuracy but Elude worked on To-hit.  So if they had 50% acc and you 45% def you'd have a 5% chance to get hit.  But if they had 20% to-hit that gave a 20% boost AFTER the def was applied getting them to at 6% chance to hit.  ie, you're taking 20% more hits.  But Elude-- Elusivity! that was it.  If you had 20% Elusivity you could tank their to-hit to 0. Which would get you back to 5% chance to get hit.

Something like that?

Kinda right. Elusivisity or whatever its called reduces accuracy like defense reduces to hit and only applies in pvp.

• 2 years later

Uhm wasn't elude added only for PVP back in the old days? This was so enemy players could actually hit SR 5% of the time and SR wasn't always being hit 80% of the time. I used SR as an examplefor the defense catch all, but it was for all defense. I think?