Dark Servant and Procs

Bill Z Bubba

The Clouded Senses proc iirc is a decent proc that does actually get used on several of the powers. However, there are many procs that are probably not the best of ideas, in general I find this to be best as a "mule" for chasing a set bonus. 

Edited by Zeraphia
  • Like 1

Specifically for dark servant, Cloud senses proc in it is very nice as pretty much everything it does has a tohit debuff.  On the other hand, loading up with procs from hold sets doesn't accomplish nearly as much since it just has the one hold attack where they could actually fire off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

If I load up a Dark Servant (or some other pet the like) with Chance for +Damage procs, will those procs attempt to fire off whenever the pet uses any of its powers?

My understanding was #1 the effects would only apply to the pet except where the pet applies an effect on the player, and #2 the results would be less predictable.

The above commentator's link indicates differently. Confirmation would be appreciated.

"Dark Servant has eccentricities that you can take advantage of when building.  First off, it's not considered a pet nor a damage power, despite acting like both.  You can heal and buff it like a pet, but curiously it's considered a "Special Range Debuff."  So, with that in mind, something you'll want to do with Dark Servant is slot it with every damage proc you can find.  Regardless of what kind of damage proc it is, it will have a chance to trigger of the Dark Servant does anything (e.g. the damage procs from the Hold enhancement sets can trigger even when the Dark Servant does a heal).  This can turn Dark Servant into a potent damage power in addition to the support and control it provides."

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

This is incorrect. It works as you imagine it would. Cloud Senses being the best bet, but for example, Touch of the Nictus only fires on the Twilight Grasp cast by the pet and Ghost Widow's proc only on the hold. Though I will admit they must have pretty good % since they fire fairly regularly.

Edit: Only tested with Dark Affinity, Miasma may have different results.

Edited by zenblack

Interesting theory and can't say I ever tested it myself, I just assumed it worked like other pets do.  That dark servant doesn't take pet IO sets (which I always thought weird) might mean it is an exception and doesn't act like most pets for procs.  Sounds like @zenblack has already tested it though.  Seems like it'd be easy for anyone to test for themselves if they really care to do so.  Stick some procs in there and watch the pet combat tab to see when they fire.   I'd assume what it does would still show up on that tab, even creepers (which isn't a "real" pet) procs show up on pet tab.

Edited by Riverdusk

I looked into the power's info to see what's up with Dark Servant. I hope these numbers are correct, but I think Dark Servant has the following powers (I provide details to help you do proc calculations and just know some info on the debuffs):

Chill of the Night:

• 30% To-Hit Debuff 
  • 10 ft radius toggle power (PBAoE)
  • Accepts To-Hit Debuff

Darkest Night:

• 15% To-Hit Debuff and 30% Damage Debuff
  • 25 ft radius toggle power (Target AoE)
  • I would think this SHOULD accept To-Hit Debuffs, but I don't see anything saying it does...so bug?

Twilight Grasp:

• 5% To-Hit Debuff and 10% Damage Debuff
  • Single Target attack with 80ft range, 10s Cooldown and 2.37s Cast Time
  • Accepts To-Hit Debuff, Heal, Accuracy, Range

Tenebrous Tentacles

• 5% To-Hit Debuff, Mag 3 Immobilize for 22.35s 
  • Cone attack with 40 ft radius, 40 degree arc, 15s Cooldown and 1.67s Cast Time
  • Accepts To-Hit Debuff, Immobilized, Accuracy 

Petrifying Gaze

• Mag 3 Hold for 11.92s
  • Single Target Attack with 70 ft range, 16s Cooldown and 1.67s Cast Time
  • Accepts Accuracy and Hold 
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

3 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

If I load up a Dark Servant (or some other pet the like) with Chance for +Damage procs, will those procs attempt to fire off whenever the pet uses any of its powers?

As others have said, and based on what I showed in the post above, you will probably get the most bang for your buck with Cloud Senses. But you will have good proc probability with all the powers. Remember, the Cooldown is not affected by slotted recharge, they are fixed. So doing proc probabilities will be as easy as:

Prob = PPM x (Cooldown + Cast) / 60 / Area Factor

Based on what I see, I think the pet's attacks can use the following damage procs:

Chill of the Night: Nothing

Darkest Night: Nothing

Twilight Grasp: Touch of the Nictus, Cloud Senses

Tenebrous Tentacles: Trap of the Hunter, Cloud Senses

Petrifying Gaze:  Unbreakable Constraint, Gladiator's Net, Ghost Widow's Embrace, Neuronic Shutdown

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Just now, Bopper said:

As others have said, and based on what I showed in the post above, you will probably get the most bang for your buck with Cloud Senses. But you will have good proc probability with all the powers. Remember, the Cooldown is not affected by slotted recharge, they are fixed. So doing proc probabilities will be as easy as:

Prob = PPM x (Cooldown + Cast) / 60 / Area Factor

Based on what I see, I think the pet's attacks can use the following damage procs:

Chill of the Night: Nothing

Darkest Night: Nothing

Twilight Grasp: Touch of the Nictus, Cloud Senses

Tenebrous Tentacles: Trap of the Hunter, Cloud Senses

Petrifying Gaze:  Unbreakable Constraint, Gladiator's Net, Ghost Widow's Embrace, Neuronic Shutdown

One last throw in. The proc chances. I'll bold in Orange for 3.5 PPM and in Purple for 4.5 PPM.

Twilight Grasp:  72.158%

Tenebrous Tentacles:  49.112%

Petrifying Gaze:  90%, 90%

• Like 2

On a different note I remember actually testing it on a MM and it showed that the pet actually managed to kill a trio of even level minions at a decent pace. Nothing spectacular, but remember it's a non damaging pet.

Even if it's not much it's something. Musculature isn't much (15% damage increase, about ish 20 points of extra damage), Assault (from Leadership) isn't much (another 20-ish damage points). Procs aren't much (by themselves). But when we add Musculature and Assault and procs all those little somethings add to a bigger sum.

I feel the same about Dark Servant proccing.

• Like 1