Jimmy

PSA

remember:

Testing Cheats

• Merit vendors sell everything for free
  • Crafting recipes do not require any ingredients
  • Incarnate powers do not require any ingredients
  • Day jobs grant powers at 1000x the normal rate
  • Cheats for character progression can be accessed through the quickchat menu:

image.png.a862436a38e2ed21896f6c7d3a9c229b.png

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2 hours ago, aethereal said:

Here's a very speculative suggestion:  Increase the percentage chance of stuns for Energy Punch, Barrage, Power Crash, and Whirling Hands, decrease the duration of the stuns.

i really like the idea of increasing the stuns a bit along side shortening them overall. As far as a true identity for EM goes, stunning things is pretty high on the list. So even if it's just for a short duration, higher chances at stuns across the set feels right to me.

• Like 1

BUG: It appears that Energy Transfer doesnt have its' level that it becomes available listed on any AT

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

So, tank number two out the gate. It works well, tied to elec. I, um, have some endurance issues 😄 If I don't make sure to pop energize every time its up, regardless of needing the heal or not, I can flatline. I was, however, running sprint and ninja run raw (no endredux in sprint).

I found something neat out. I NEED two different bars for attack chains. If I have my powers on the bar, I don't get very optimal results. Sure, everything dies in a reasonable time, but when I organize things on my bar differently, I get A LOT more effective. 

Overall, it felt great, much better than what I was poking with on live.

I don't usually post during discussions but I figured since I love EM so much and have main'd it even through all the nerfs, I could give my 2 cent really quick. 

1. I don't care about aoe so I won't be talking about the new skill.

2. Since I'm usually a stalker or scrapper, seeing that total focus/energy transfer was still not being allowed to crit for full dmg was a tad disappointing.

3. Energy Transfer's new "old" animation irks me a bit.

4. Energy Transfer still taking 10% of your life away. 

5. I don't enjoy the Energy Focus system.

I can live with all the points above as I've lived with nerf'd EM all throughout live and again through Homecoming. One thing I'd like to ask about though is the new "old" animation. It resembles the "old" Motions but has the new Energy Transfers "impact". I read a couple post above that some people like the new charging up energy transfer animation (yuck), so I can understand the need to give people a choice. Not sure if I can post an old coh vid but it shows how the "old" ET was(power thrust). 

I assume the sound fx delay of ET on the beta server will be addressed but when i compare the beta to the old one, I find that I enjoy the subtlety of power that the old one gives. Basically Power Thrust. I'd like to get everyone's opinion. Do you enjoy the combination of old ET motion with the new ET sound fx to give it that "BAM" feeling? Or would you enjoy the power thrust version to be back?

None of the things I wanted to happen during the revamp happened, but I'd just be excited to get the old animation (Power Thrust) with the original sound fx. Not sure if it's possible, but can you add that to the power customization? Like how soul noir is with dark melee/dark armor? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Naraka said:

What is this "maximum" you speak of?

I don't mean Incarnate or set bonuses or anything.  Just the base function of the set. Baseline maximum, so to speak.  Like I would not like it if EM needed me to use BS and EP to get full damage on ET. 

One thing I would like adjusted, that ties in  with the requests above for more Stunning, is to increase the chance to Stun for Barrage.

Right now it's lower than Energy Punch, which made sense when it was the fast light attack. But since it's been changed to a mid-level strike with a base 6 Recharge, it should have a higher Stun chance than EP (and lower than Bonesmasher). The duration seems to have been adjusted for a heavier hitter, but not the chance... I think it should be 40-50%. Mag 2 is fine.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ultiz said:

Do you enjoy the combination of old ET motion with the new ET sound fx to give it that "BAM" feeling?

I want ET's volume to be doubled, the whole map to shake, and the atmosphere to be split in half every time I use it, launching every nearby minion into the walls and blowing my target into the wall, stuck into it due to the sheer amount of force being applied by the physics engine causing it to clip through the foorls of the map and banishing them to darkness forever.

397.gif

but I'll settle for the 'bam' on it currently.

In all seriousness though, If energy melee has one weakness, it's visual flair. From the pompoms to the general 'impact' of it's attacks. That's always been the major turn-off for me, combined with the performance. ET's new FX/sound is really nice, to me.

Edited by ScarySai
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Don't screw with mah Pom poms Sai. 🙂

liam-neeson.jpg.b644d5d293b4b2db507900379bddd407.jpg

^This.

I'm not even going to color change those pom poms!

I don't even recall if I could change the colors at the time I mained EM, but I didn't change them then, didn't change them on my HC Brute, not going to change them on my Scrapper!

I should say, I like the idea of increasing Barrage's chance to Stun.  I think it needs something to make people go "Hmmm...Energy Punch of Barrage" even if it's just for a second before "Highest DPA attack!"

Question - There is a delay between the end of the fast Energy Transfer animation and the visual hit on the target. Is the damage being applied after the animation like at 1.5 seconds?

I played a little without sound and the delay became much more noticeable.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

I never knew people put so much thought into EM's stun component. I always viewed it as just a dmg set. Anything strong enough to me to "need" to stun it...usually can't be stunned or needs a ton of stun stacks to actually work.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Troo said:

Question - There is a delay between the end of the fast Energy Transfer animation and the visual hit on the target. Is the damage being applied after the animation like at 1.5 seconds?

I played a little without sound and the delay became much more noticeable.

It doesn't seem to indicate that from the power files. The 1s animation has the effect applied at 0.83s. The 2.67s animation has the effect applied at 2.2s.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Thanks @Bopper, I don't really have a way to check it. With the sound off it just seemed exaggerated. It's all fine as long as the next queued power can start on time.

On a Tank,

TF TF seems to be cancelling or preventing the second Energy Focus.
TF wait TF first EF expires, but no second EF is there.

If 15 seconds has not gone by after the second TF there should be a EF available.

Can someone else confirm this in game?

29 minutes ago, Troo said:

On a Tank,

If 15 seconds has not gone by after the second TF there should be a EF available.

AFAIK, stacks of EF are a scrapper/stalker thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Troo said:

On a Tank,

Tanks and Brutes can't get a 2nd EF stack. Doing TF>wait>TF doesn't work, it doesn't even refresh the timer. I just attempted it on my tank.

• Thanks 1

Correct, but the second TF should cancel the first EF and provide another. The first EF should not prevent the second EF.

Testing tonight I keep finishing groups with an Energy Focus unused.

Moving to another group and starting with TF the EF sometimes was missing. Took a while to figure out what was going on.

" Total Focus has a 100% chance to grant Energy Focus (even if power misses) "

2 minutes ago, Troo said:

Correct, but the second TF should cancel the first EF and provide another. The first EF should not prevent the second EF.

Moving to another group and starting with TF the EF sometimes was missing. Took a while to figure out what was going on.

Yea TF does still give the EF stack even when it misses. Also if you miss with your EF powered attack, it doesn't burn the stack. You have to spend it on another power or wait for the one that missed to come back up. It would make sense if at least the timer was refreshed when using another TF within the time window, but it looks like it's flagged unstackable in every sense.

At level 30 play I've been occasionally ending the last guy in a mob with a TF then running to the next mob to drop an EF powered BS on the first guy I see just so I can burn the stack and restart with TF again.

2 hours ago, Ultiz said:

I never knew people put so much thought into EM's stun component. I always viewed it as just a dmg set. Anything strong enough to me to "need" to stun it...usually can't be stunned or needs a ton of stun stacks to actually work.

I specifically built my tanker to mass stun which is why I use dark armor and why I'm rather disappointed they changed stun into something completely different from stun.

Personally, I think they should remove the 100% stun from BS and just make the new power always stun the primary target. That way I can actually slot for the effect as I don't need to waste slots enhancing BS's conditional stun.

2 hours ago, Troo said:

Tanker and brute can't have 2 stacks of focus.

I'm not sure if TF refreshes an already present stack of focus, I dont think it will.

ET recharges so fast though you have a good 3 chances to consume focus with ET.

4 hours ago, Naraka said:

I specifically built my tanker to mass stun which is why I use dark armor and why I'm rather disappointed they changed stun into something completely different from stun.

Personally, I think they should remove the 100% stun from BS and just make the new power always stun the primary target. That way I can actually slot for the effect as I don't need to waste slots enhancing BS's conditional stun.

There's no "primary target" to power crash.  It's a cone, not a TAoE.

Well, nevermind, obviously it could work on the actual person targeted.  I guess new eagles class works that way?

Edited by aethereal