Too much at once

Ukase

Maybe it's my age, being busy ...but this last patch had a lot of good things..some things to get used to, for sure. 

But I went to bloody bay for the new badge (one door mission in each of the lower level pvp zones) and my jet pack didn't work. I paid good inf for it - and it doesn't work...and if that was in the patch notes, I missed it. Probably because I don't believe pvp is worth considering. But I might have read it anyway if there wasn't so much information about everything else. 

Can we go back to pushing out a page or two instead of a whole issue? 

• Like 1

• City Council

Honestly, @Ukase isn't wrong.

This is a one-off caused by all the disruption this year. Generally we'd like to release things in smaller chunks, but we didn't have a good window of sustained availability to test, fix and polish until recently, and we needed that in order to push any major changes. This resulted in a huge amount of stuff piling up waiting to get released.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Even if the patch wasn't so big, I think it merits being an issue instead of a page just because it marks an important point in development for HC.

The teleportation changes alone are big news, or at least the impact it's had on how we play the game is.

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

Maybe it's my age, being busy ...but this last patch had a lot of good things..some things to get used to, for sure. 

But I went to bloody bay for the new badge (one door mission in each of the lower level pvp zones) and my jet pack didn't work. I paid good inf for it - and it doesn't work...and if that was in the patch notes, I missed it. Probably because I don't believe pvp is worth considering. But I might have read it anyway if there wasn't so much information about everything else. 

image.thumb.png.993087ec2c77b3eaa951b9f62dca38f1.png

I think the biggest culprit for this one is the patch note was lumped in with the rest of the PvP patch notes, which makes sense considering it is a PvP change, but I'd wager most players who don't PvP simply skip over the PvP section of the patch notes.

• Like 2

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

38 minutes ago, macskull said:

I think the biggest culprit for this one is the patch note was lumped in with the rest of the PvP patch notes, which makes sense considering it is a PvP change, but I'd wager most players who don't PvP simply skip over the PvP section of the patch notes.

exactly

In all fairness people should have learned by now to read the entire patch notes since some relevant things may be hidden in places you didn't expect.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ukase said:

It is just a lot.

I can not imagine how busy the HC team has been trying to get this pushed out.

It is a lot to properly test, fix, clean up and polish, much less communicate. (I'm seeing @Jimmy is indicating similar)

It will take some time to unpack all the recent changes.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On the whole, there's far more good than bad - at least from where I sit. I was going for the new badge and hit my key bind to toggle the jet pack...and I was thinking at first, I'd let time expire. I checked and saw all the temps that were disabled and immediately ordered a pineapple covered pizza in a clear act of passive-aggressive hunger. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ukase said:

On the whole, there's far more good than bad - at least from where I sit. I was going for the new badge and hit my key bind to toggle the jet pack...and I was thinking at first, I'd let time expire. I checked and saw all the temps that were disabled and immediately ordered a pineapple covered pizza in a clear act of passive-aggressive hunger. 

Absolutely.. and now I want pizza.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

6 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

It has pineapple in that story

Yeah, kept the pizza cravings away with that. I like pineapple, I like pizza, but I've never had a good pineapple pizza (though granted, stopped ordering them after a while so my sample size is small)

And yeah, I'd have missed that change as well if I didn't glance into the PvP changes thread on beta, I never got into the PvP game and tend to treat the zones as places to get a couple badges/temp powers where other players can screw things up more than usual. Maybe it should've been repeated in the zone changes section, or just a note that the PvP zones got changed, see that section for details.

• City Council
Just now, Dragon Crush said:

but I've never had a good pineapple pizza

It's because there is no such thing.

Also we're looking at options regarding jetpacks in PvP zones. As usual, this is not a guarantee that something will happen 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

19 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

It's because there is no such thing.

Certainly not as a traditional pizza, but cut into rings and grilled on the fire along with a pork butt, which is then shredded, the pineapple chopped, and both scattered across a circle of pizza dough with barbecue sauce and baked, and it's wonderful. But it just doesn't go well as a topping with a plain tomato sauce and mozzarella.

4 minutes ago, Ukase said:

@America's Angel I thought those things turned off your toggles. I know the last time I got a void skiff, it de-toggled me - essentially making it worthless. No toggles in a pvp zone is not a good idea in my experience. 

Thanks for the tip, though. 

Ah no worries, thought you were just planning to badge. :)

My Stuff:

fite.gif.ce19610126405e6ea9b52b4cfa50e02b.gif Fightclub PvP Discord (Melee PvP tournaments, builds, and beta testing)

Clipboard01.gif.9d6ba27a7be03b73a450be0965263fd2.gif Influence Farming Guide (General guide to farming, with maps and builds)

1 hour ago, America's Angel said:

Ah no worries, thought you were just planning to badge. 🙂

Well, I was - but the badge required door missions. It's annoying to turn toggles on. I wish they were all auto. Tough, weave, prestige power slide, Super speed, combat Jumping, scorpion shield, maneuvers, assault, tactics. 9 toggles. If I had my way, they would never turn off. I skip the intro to dark astoria and go direct to heather townsend in DA specifically to avoid being de-toggled. Hate it. 

23 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Well, I was - but the badge required door missions. It's annoying to turn toggles on. I wish they were all auto. Tough, weave, prestige power slide, Super speed, combat Jumping, scorpion shield, maneuvers, assault, tactics. 9 toggles. If I had my way, they would never turn off. I skip the intro to dark astoria and go direct to heather townsend in DA specifically to avoid being de-toggled. Hate it. 

The arena vendor (and the new vendors in the PvP zones) sell 10-minute Raptor Packs for 10k inf. Most temporary/P2W/day job powers have been disabled in PvP zones to help with some balance issues.

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

I'm pretty sure you can in fact just skip to Heather.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/846e0e54-c277-49d1-a16e-dc8f13a30f9d

Edited by Wavicle