Most Unstoppable Tank

The_Warpact

5 minutes ago, Gobbledegook said:

I have had my invuln Tankers defence reduced to negative numbers in MoITF though, even with 60%+ defence. But it's still tough as hell.

And this is why you don't simply go for "Defense and Nothing But".
Otherwise, you're simply an eggshell.
Crack the surface and it's all over.

Get your Resists up underneath, and it becomes a tickle fight.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

6 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Anyone else feeling a need for a new thread discussing how horrifically broken tanks are these days thanks to all the buffs they've gotten? I'm on my shield/em right now and I can literally read threads while clicking tab-follow-attack chain without watching the screen at max diff while slaughtering Cimerorans.

BLASPHEMER!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Gobbledegook said:

Try doing that on a resist set or willpower etc.

You mean like Fire?  Done that.
You mean like Elec?  Done that.
You mean like Rad?  Done that.
You mean like Peacebringers?  Done that!

There's a reason I started threads for "Blood From A Stone" (maxed Resists) builds.

I even have my Rad/Rad scripted so that he'll yell "Oh my God!  I've been Defense debuffed into the negatives!  MWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

You mean like Fire?  Done that.
You mean like Elec?  Done that.
You mean like Rad?  Done that.
You mean like Peacebringers?  Done that!

There's a reason I started threads for "Blood From A Stone" (maxed Resists) builds.

I even have my Rad/Rad scripted so that he'll yell "Oh my God!  I've been Defense debuffed into the negatives!  MWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I think you are misreading it. I never said resist sets can't do it. I have done them also. I said it is easier on shield or invuln that is all.

Even blasters have done it.

90% resists is amazing. But getting hit only 5% then reducing that by 70-80% or so is better.

1 minute ago, Gobbledegook said:

I think you are misreading it. I never said resist sets can't do it. I have done them also. I said it is easier on shield or invuln that is all.

90% resists is amazing. But getting hit only 5% then reducing that by 70-80% or so is better.

Most resist sets have other goodies to boost them too - absorbs, endurance, regen, etc

Its all about how good you can juggle and timing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Most resist sets have other goodies to boost them too - absorbs, endurance, regen, etc

Yes they do and that is why they are good. But you can't afk like a shield can is what I said.

But less time healing and just outright killing is better.

Maybe Dark can if you put the heal on auto lol.

Edited by Gobbledegook
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gobbledegook said:

Easier?  Maybe.  It really depends on the damage output.

"That didn't really hurt divided by 10" is still "That didn't really hurt".

4 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

I juggled flaming spike-balls once...

Once...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gobbledegook said:

You have a swarm of cimerorans in MoITF buffed and you will definitely feel it with 90%resists.

yeah with rad or elec or fire you will be dead within seconds if you dont mitigate by staight up killing them first.  its nuts how fast an otherwise unstoppable build like rad can be dropped in the ITF  i didnt believe it the first time it happened and thought it was a glitch until i saw -100 defense pop up when i was monitoring stats.  lol

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gobbledegook said:

My main is a Rad/SS Tanker. But I also have a Shield/SS and /EM, also many other Tankers.

You need to be ready with a heal, recovery/barrier etc on a Rad Tanker. But it's still good.

Shield can just afk a lot of stuff and still survive, whilst also offering offence.

No I don't undervalue resistance sets, but my numerous pimped out Tankers has shown shield to be exceptionally sturdy. More so than a lot of the other sets. 

@Werner and@Tsuko would testify to this I reckon as well.

Oh I won't disagree - Shield's fantastic.

• 2 weeks later
On 1/21/2021 at 7:32 PM, Infinitum said:

yeah with rad or elec or fire you will be dead within seconds if you dont mitigate by staight up killing them first.  its nuts how fast an otherwise unstoppable build like rad can be dropped in the ITF  i didnt believe it the first time it happened and thought it was a glitch until i saw -100 defense pop up when i was monitoring stats.  lol

Yep, with Rad I quickly discovered my survival depended largely on whether the big Absorb shield (I can't remember the name of) was active. If it was down I had to make sure the team was close behind or I'd get whomped. If it was up I could take an alpha and have the spawn nearly defeated without worrying about it.

On 1/21/2021 at 1:24 PM, Gobbledegook said:

Yes resist sets can do ITF but they won't be able to sit in a mob afk like shield can. 

But go AFK in the Shard and some Rularuu will tear you to shreds before you can poke 'em in the eyeball.  Even have a tough time with Shield/Stone there because the flyers are immune to Stone's ground-based stun and KD.

Every set can pick a foe they can effectively ignore but then get wiped somewhere else.

The worst/funniest is when I'm doing great tanking for a team then run off to gather a spawn and faceplant because the buffs wore off that I was taking for granted from the Defenders and Controllers 🤪

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

But go AFK in the Shard and some Rularuu will tear you to shreds before you can poke 'em in the eyeball.  Even have a tough time with Shield/Stone there because the flyers are immune to Stone's ground-based stun and KD.

Every set can pick a foe they can effectively ignore but then get wiped somewhere else.

The worst/funniest is when I'm doing great tanking for a team then run off to gather a spawn and faceplant because the buffs wore off that I was taking for granted from the Defenders and Controllers 🤪

Not as a tank. I'm putzing with one who has 90% to S/L/E/N on top of 45% on top of DDR. I'm going full damage so went EM but DM would have a small heal to help recover what little damage goes in.

1 minute ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Shield?

Yeah. I was answering the person above who said trying to AFK with Rulaaru would puncture a Shield Tanker. I've only just begun leveling it but from what you've been saying and what I'm seeing in Mids it needs some auto hit recovery debuff or something in order to be stopped.

I decided to try it because you've mentioned yours down a pylon in three and a half minutes, which I thought was okay considering no Burn, but someone else said their Rad/EM had two and a half which perplexed me since no Burn or FE.

So I decided to level one myself and see how it played.

3 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

It's pretty sick and could probably be better since I don't do procmonster builds.

I'm partial first to biggo damage, and survival second. I feel like he AoE will be most mediocre but... when I went to test the Fire/Ice Ice Patch in Yin that damn Clamor killed me 😛 Ok, it was her, her debuffs, plus two packs of Freaks, plus being a mid level TF without part of my toggles. But still.

• Like 1

Dat overcapped S/L makes my teeth itch 😄

My Fire Armor/Martial Arts with Storm Kick on and one stack of tanker proc:

image.png.047a22229b0a7f824551ddb0ed0540f3.png

Barrier = 5% to defense and resistance, so 45% to Melee/Ranged/AoE, and S/L resistance becomes 83.95%. E/N becomes 82.54%. Second stack makes it 90%+ S/L and E/N becomes 89% and change, 90% once HP dips to 90%. If it does. I've been leveling this and its a beast.

1 hour ago, Sovera said:

I've been leveling this and its a beast.

How's your pylon time?

Edit: To anyone else reading this, it's from pylon times that I get a very good idea how fast a character will take down AVs and thus affect the solo time of TFs.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

Just now, Bill Z Bubba said:

How's your pylon time?

Just shy of three minutes. Which is my Claws average. MA is not as good as Claws. And Spin does twice of Dragon Tail's damage. But the FF procs mean more of everything so it turned out a bit better than the Claws in clearing a farm map as well despite that.

And you'd never guess but 45% to M/R/A also makes it sturdier than Claws with just S/L at 45% 😛

• Like 1