port oakes, useless?

Hew

So, I ended up totally bypassing PO and going straight to Cap. I ran through the "new" arc(s) in mercy, which got me to 9 or 10. The next contact was in Cap. 

Should PO get a KR treatment with a 10-20 type arc(s)? The skullz arcs are really cool, we have new arcs being created, and it might be a good place for some redside love?

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Port Oakes will never be useless as long as it has The Radio.  But yes, I agree that a level ten to twenty arc in Port Oakes would be great.

Hey hey don't forget Mr. Bocor, that's a great introductory arc for the magic side of things, Midnight Club, and the Loa Bone!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

My Villains often do end up missing Port Oakes (because of XP), but it is very symmetrical with how my Heroes often missing either/both of the Hollows/Galaxy City.

Port Oakes has the repeat Mayhem Mission contact... I just wish he wouldn't often send me to the other side of the map to catch a ride to cause more mayhem!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

When i do my “solo all Redside” which includes every contact and every mission Port Oakes is one of my favorite places

The introductory arcs in Mercy are pretty good.  But in Port Oakes you start to ease into being a super villain.  The family has a number of story lines there.  Where better to learn that mooks with machine guns got nothing on a Super Villain?   Yes to Mr Bocor.  The battle with the Sea Witch was actually quite harrowing on live with just SOs and no idea what to do lol. The Radio.  F ng Epic!    Veluta is great.  The entire Fort Hades Ghost trapping is ....challenging.  It was especially a pain before the changes.  Now it is just the right amount of flavor

in all a well done zone.  Redside does not have as many choices per level range as Blue.  But it sure has quality

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Hew said:

An arc like that, would it be Family? 

OoOOoooo, maybe it could investigate the construction on the west side?

I don't recall the Marcone/Mooks conflict ever getting any sort of resolution, maybw that would be a good place to start.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Recently ran a red solo toon. Stuck with PO till L20. I ran Radio, though I may be one of the few people who really doesn't like that contact or its arc. It's still as good or better than what I'd most what I'd run on Blue at that lvl.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

2 minutes ago, Eva Destruction said:

Port Oakes would be a good place for that level 10-15 strike force a lot of people want....

TRSF!!!

The Radio Stirke Force.

The Listeners Have Spoken!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

13 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

TRSF!!!

The Radio Strike Force.

The Listeners Have Spoken!

I LOVE this idea!

Preemptive strike by Radio against TV? Destroy TV set pieces used to record serials and the like?

Edited by Hew
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Years ago, I envisioned a Port Oakes 10-15 SF initiated by Grendel as a revenge move against Atta. The SF would partially take place in the closed off Mount Diable Tunnel between Port Oakes and Cap and in an instanced piece of the Hollows and Atta's lair.

You would have a choice at the end to either fight Atta, or betray Grendel for Atta. You would either fight an AV version of Atta (suped up on Superadine), or the AV Grendel. The SF would give good opportunities for villains to pick up the badges associated with trolls (Regenerator and Caliban). Also, in the final mission, you could have the opportunity to click a glowie that would give you a temp Superadine power, which I imagined would be something like a +damage bonus that lasts for 15 minutes to help you fight the AV.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

Of course to be fair, there would need to be a TV SF named "Video Killed the Radio Star"

I was thinking more along the lines of saving The Radio from a buyout by FearChannel Broadcasting.

Edit:  Which I hope is an obvious reference to ClearChannel, and not mistaken for something polarizing. 🍻

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Haha 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.