In game heroes

Ukase

On 6/21/2021 at 10:40 AM, Uun said:

Major props to @Oklahoman for his frequent and incredibly well organized Incarnate Trial badge runs (as well as his MSR runs).

So agree, he's awesome!  His LFG posts keep me laughing, and his runs are amazing (got most of my trial badges on his runs).  @Oklahomanis awesome sauce.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Retired Community Rep

I forgot to directly thank @EmmySky for the original call out/compliment! Doh. Also thanks to @agentx5 and @Tahliah. It feels really nice to get such compliments. 🙂 You all rock, and I love this topic! Seriously, what other game would even have this?

-Dacy

• Retired Community Rep

Oh! And I can't believe I forgot this person until now, @Christopher Robin! Oh he of the orange text posts and the never ending encouragement of the artistic side of COH. I am pretty sure he isn't an actual editor in RL, but man, he's good at it. If you ever want a piece critiqued helpfully, he's your guy. He is everywhere on the Arts and Media topic, just everywhere, encouraging everyone.

-Dacy

• Like 1

So, hmmm. @cranebump, @Take One and @Ankylosaur for providing me with continued good AEs to play, @GraspingVileTerrorfor being great, just great to bounce ideas off, @EmmySkyfor just entertaining the bejeezus out of me 🙂 There's more, regular classy team mates, SG mates, I'll be here all night if I start listing more names.

• Thanks 3

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• 2 weeks later

I really appreciate all the work @The Philotic Knight has done with CoH Modder and all his other behind the scenes efforts to improve the Quality of Life for everyone, it does not go unnoticed. I also appreciate the efforts of @Solarverse, and also @Blondeshell, @AboveTheChemist and the entire VidiotsMaps crew. Thanks for all the great work.

Edited by Marine X
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

So, I missed last week's hero recognition due to holiday. Oops. 

Without further ado, I'd like to recognize @STiTcH for being one of the smarter players out there. He'll lead anything to help someone - but any monkey can lead a trial or a tf. The distinction is that he's amassed a ton of in-game knowledge and just about has everything the game has to offer down to a science. And he shares that knowledge if you ask. 

I've learned more from him than probably anyone else I can think of. 

• Like 1

I would certainly like to throw @Ukase @lorraine and @sentenza into the mix. When it comes to general badge and in game knowledge these three are always my fall backs before I start searching the forums. I find these three to generally be very helpful and almost always willing to drop anything they are doing to assist someone in need. Thank you for all you do. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 8:46 PM, TraumaTrain said:

Also on Indom, I want to give a huge thanks and round of applause to @Eda for tirelessly running two MSRs every night, seven days a week (with very few exceptions)!

For real! Absolutely rock solid.

On 6/21/2021 at 2:52 PM, JasperStone said:

@Eda has already been mentioned, but she is still on my list for Indom:

1. ALL the leaders of nightly Hami Raids(6:30pm EST), whata party! I have had the chance to lead it once..... major stress. Some do it on a nightly basis...Thank you
  2. @Eda MSR (8 and 9pm weekly, except for Monday,  8pm) - highly organized and joining their Discord is highly encouraged.
  3.  @Theo   ... I may spelled that wrong. Leads iTrials starting at 10pm.

These events have been organized so they do not overlap or interfere with each other so you can participate in all of them if you wish. Though some nights it takes a bit to finish the last Hami Raid. Initially there was only the MSR and it is nice to have these additional options. 

I believe that is Theodorre. And yes he deserves credit also. Add Blaze in their for the recent Hami raids.

• Thumbs Up 1

This one is going to have to be anonymous because, well because it happened while I was on a lot of pain meds and I just didn't retain the benefactor's name.

So I came home back in April. I'd played religiously on live since Issue 6. Loved the game. And when it went down, I was heartbroken. So of course I came back when I got a chance invite. 

But it just wasn't the same. Even with the my old alts and money, it was just like walking in a graveyard. Like ripping up a scab that wasn't healed. So I left, for years.

But I got pretty sick last year. Because of Covid, we thought it was that, but it was actually something else that was harder to diagnose because of the pandemic and symptoms. So I didn't get the right treatment in a timely fashion because we pooched it on the diagnosis. So by the time we found out what was up, I was pretty rough. And after surgery I had a lot of downtime. Like a lot. And I remembered reading that the secret had gotten out awhile back and it seemed to be like fine. More than fine if anything. So there I am, on my backside, only able  to sit and read for a few weeks. 

So I decided to come home. And wow how much more alive it felt. Still feels. So much cool good work had been done. And there were tons of people, active events, community! I love it. But I did have to start from zero again. And sort of remind myself how to play again. I also had to rebuild my fortune from nothing. Now in many ways it's nicer now than it was before, if you know what you are doing. I knew, for example that my salvage drops would be the most important source of income. So I am watching that closely, just trying to stay in enough money to keep my SOs from falling off.

I get up to like level 11, rolling solo, pain meds operating at about 80%, so between being kind of high, kind of uncomfortable and kind of out of practice I have just been soloing. Well I head to the Black Market with my drops. And I am checking the prices to make sure I list appropriately. I forget what I had now. Once again, pretty loopy on the pain meds, and I don't have a great tolerance. But I do remember this; it was expensive. Listing it at slightly below the lowest bid of the last 5 was more infamy than I had total. I think it was a PVP IO. So, I laugh about it in general chat. Because that was silly to me. I used to be an ebil billionaire and now I can't even afford to list my own loot.

Well, I get a couple of emails to my global. 2 for the hundred thousand or so that it would cost me  to list the item. 1 for a million. And one for 10 million. No questions asked. Just helping me out. And from that foundation I built a stable base that I now run a healthy cadre of alts through. But I have to say I really appreciated that leg up, though I would never have asked for it. It just reminded me why this place feels so much like home. Why I feel like I belong here. We're good people.

Thanks mystery player. I wish I remembered your name. I think about that a lot when I boot the game up, several times a week. Just like the good old days.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5