What's The Optimal Solo Scrapper?

00Troy00

58 minutes ago, Zhym said:

Why no mention of Martial Arts?  Not enough AoE, or too reliant on S/L damage?  I have an MA/SR scrapper that was grand fun to level to 50 solo, though -def debuffs can take him down.  I haven't played him that often lately, having since discovered the joys of the DP/MC blapper, but I still think MA/SR is a good set that doesn't require too much key-clicking other than the attacks.

/sr should have no issues with -def it has the highest DDR should be at 95% if properly slotted. SR should only be struggling with attacks that are type only and no positional defense  cough cough PSI and I think a few toxic attacks have the same thing

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

3 minutes ago, hejtmane said:

/sr should have no issues with -def it has the highest DDR should be at 95% if properly slotted. SR should only be struggling with attacks that are type only and no positional defense  cough cough PSI and I think a few toxic attacks have the same thing

Okay, so maybe I didn't max my MA/SR's defenses enough—silly me, I thought the softcap would be a reasonable target. And usually it is, until I go up against ruularu.  Then...not so much, no.  

Just now, Zhym said:

Okay, so maybe I didn't max my MA/SR's defenses enough—silly me, I thought the softcap would be a reasonable target. And usually it is, until I go up against ruularu.  Then...not so much, no.  

Make sure you passives and your main are properly slotted first. You do not need to 3 slot your passives by any means but they need some slotting.

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

On 8/18/2021 at 8:11 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

If you just want cruise control for a relaxing ride from 1 to 50+, my vote goes to claws/willpower. It's not the best at single target damage, it's not the best at aoe damage, it's not the best mitigation, but what it IS is amazingly balanced for the whole ride. Plenty of end, regen, damage resistance, defense and extra HP, a full attack chain with just claws from very early in the game and one of the best aoes in the game with Spin, also available very early.

My mains may be claws/sr, but I have a claws/wp that I refuse to powerlevel and she only solos. I bring her out when it's time for pure scrapper-meditation.

I agree...but I'm remaking my Dual Blades/Willpower scrap from live, first.  My claws scrap was also Claws/SR (guilty as charged as one of the millions of Wolverine clones) which I made after my Claws/Regen experiment (thought that was more Wolverine-y, at first) went completely sideways by about lvl 35 and was shelved and never played, again.

• Like 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

18 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

I agree...but I'm remaking my Dual Blades/Willpower scrap from live, first.  My claws scrap was also Claws/SR (guilty as charged as one of the millions of Wolverine clones) which I made after my Claws/Regen experiment (thought that was more Wolverine-y, at first) went completely sideways by about lvl 35 and was shelved and never played, again.

There's a reason Bill Z Bubba has never been seen without his cigar.

Were I to do another Wolvie clone, I'd definitely go claws/wp since regen is still the worst scrapper secondary.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 9/1/2021 at 4:46 PM, Zhym said:

Yeah cheaty Rularuu with their +100% To Hit buff kind of make the idea of defense irrelevant.  But yes SR's DDR is what allows you to wade into mobs of +4 Cimerorans and know that getting debuffed is not what kills you so don't neglect it.

My most solo capable scrappers tend to be defense based (for the many reasons given above).  Ones that are durable and capable usually have been running claws, katana, electric melee (I skipped the ponderously slow corpse killer, tbh), and war mace.

I am a big fan of energy aura, super reflexes, and I like radiation armor and electric armor for resists.  For a solo scrapper, they have enough resists to last longer than your foes.  If you are running at 4/8, it may take some work, though. 😉

• Like 2

• 2 years later

Rad/Rad is hard to beat. Downside is no DDR, upside is max 75% Res to S/L/E/N/F/C. If influence is no object can get Fire def to +45 and S/L/E around 35%. Basically has 2 heals (one an absorb shield, but same/same.