That actually worked

DougGraves

Did you still get the badge?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

When I play blue side, I run Montague before I run Faultline.  The Lost Cure takes out a bunch of bosses, but some missions will not complete if you take out the wrong ones.  I'm thinking of Free My Daddy in particular -- you can zap every Lost in the place *except* the mob that is guarding Mr. Yin.

I've never thought about using it on Muxley or Kurse.  I'll have to try that next time.

• Like 2

Who run Bartertown?

Semi-related,  you can get to Cimerora without having access to the Midnight Club, though you have to get to 50 without it.

Then use the Oro in base to start Sister Solaris' arc and port to her.  You can start the ITF and go into the midnight club via the crystal.

Fairly useless, but semi-interesting.

If you get introduced to Sister Solaris via Dark Astoria, that does auto award the Midnight badge.

Some updates on Faultline arcs:

The Lost Cure has no effect on Kurse.

The Lost Cure will defeat Muxley, which completes the mission.

If you use the Lost Cure on the captors of any hostage (Mr. Yin, Fusionette, the Arbiter Sands) they cannot be freed and will just sit there cowering or pumping their fists throughout eternity.  EDIT:  this is incorrect.  They will be freed once any cured Lost exit the mission entrance.  However, this can take a really long time.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
corrected an error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Who run Bartertown?

3 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Some updates on Faultline arcs:

The Lost Cure has no effect on Kurse.

The Lost Cure will defeat Muxley, which completes the mission.

If you use the Lost Cure on the captors of any hostage (Mr. Yin, Fusionette, the Arbiter Sands) they cannot be freed and will just sit there cowering or pumping their fists throughout eternity.

... what happens if you use it on all but one captor, thin the herd first?

1 minute ago, Doomguide2005 said:

... what happens if you use it on all but one captor, thin the herd first?

Cowering or fist pumping forever.  I think that releasing a hostage has a "defeat all" flag for the entire mob, while the Lost Cure seems to just remove the enemy entirely, so nothing gets defeated.  but that's idle speculation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, dtjunkie said:

So I used it on the Boss guarding Fusionette the other day. She didn't release initially. However, after the Lost boss was cured, the citizen he turned into started running for the exit. Once he exited the building, Fusionette released.

That's good info, thanks!

Who run Bartertown?

On 9/29/2021 at 11:44 PM, The Chairman said:

Are there other "I Win" buttons out there? Nothing pops out to me...

I've always wondered if the Divining Rod temp power (from Gordon Bower's Arc) would do high dmg against Ghost Widow. Probably not, but I feel like it should.

Edited by dtjunkie

Ghost Widow is not a ghost. 🧐

According to the in-game tags, anyway. Which is dumb. 

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

13 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I think that releasing a hostage has a "defeat all" flag for the entire mob, while the Lost Cure seems to just remove the enemy entirely, so nothing gets defeated.  but that's idle speculation.

Since going through Perez Park curing the Aberrant Rectors doesn't advance the count for the Finder (defeat Lost bosses) badge, I expect that you're correct, and the cure just removes the Lost mob, replacing it with a civilian mob.

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

Since going through Perez Park curing the Aberrant Rectors doesn't advance the count for the Finder (defeat Lost bosses) badge, I expect that you're correct, and the cure just removes the Lost mob, replacing it with a civilian mob.

I zap the others with the Cure, and defeat the Bosses for the badge. I find it hilarious when they start attacking the new civilian.

7 hours ago, gamingglen said:

I zap the others with the Cure, and defeat the Bosses for the badge. I find it hilarious when they start attacking the new civilian.

You have to be careful with that, though. The game has an interesting quirk connected with curing one mob in a spawn. When you cure one, all the others in the group aggro on him simultaneously. If they happen to be all shotgunners, they will draw and fire at the same time, and the game stacks up the shotgun blast sound to the point where it is physically painful. Once everyone has their weapons out, though, it spreads out, so it's only the first shot, and only with shotguns.

On 10/1/2021 at 1:12 AM, dtjunkie said:

So I used it on the Boss guarding Fusionette the other day. She didn't release initially. However, after the Lost boss was cured, the citizen he turned into started running for the exit. Once he exited the building, Fusionette released.

I stand corrected and dtjunkie is right.  I ran the Free My Daddy mission and zapped almost every Lost on the way.  I used the Lost cure on the entire mob then waited about five minutes.  Yin was still locked in the cowering animation, so I ran back to the entrance and there was a cured Lost hung up on a corner.  He disengaged, I ran back to Yin, and Yin was released as a captive.  So yes, you can Cure the Lost who are holding hostages.  It just takes a long time for them to exit the mission, so it's probably not worth it.  i'll edit my previous post.

• Thumbs Up 3

Who run Bartertown?